PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-24-2007, 02:13 AM #85
snoopay700

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat4life07 View Post
AGD has been under financial stress for many many years thats why Tom Kaye decided to retired from the paintball business in December of 2004. but no one really knows why AGD wouldnt come up with new gun designs and make their guns lighter and smaller, for instance like the new Invert Mini. i wonder about that too.
Well since this thread was brought back...

The reason is simple, smrt parts, Tom said himself that they won't make a new marker until they're sure it's unpatentable or he already has teh patent on it because right now everyone is suing everyone else. Smart parts is acutally the reason they stopped with the xmag.

Who is DLX Audrey? Find out!:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2766709

Il n'y a point de sots si incommodes que ceux qui ont de l'esprit.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2007, 05:10 PM #86
cougar20th
Custom Spyder Collector

has been a member for 10 years
The problem i see with AGD reproducing the pumpmag it that it can be a very high maintance marker. If they could somehow make it less maintance it would be nice. Most players today seem to not want to deal with maintaining there equipment. They want something to work always without having to mess with it.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:30 PM #87
ShotOnSight

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopay700 View Post
Well since this thread was brought back...

The reason is simple, smrt parts, Tom said himself that they won't make a new marker until they're sure it's unpatentable or he already has teh patent on it because right now everyone is suing everyone else. Smart parts is acutally the reason they stopped with the xmag.
Once again not so, AGD had pretty much already decided to halt production of the X before SP even entered the scenario. SP basically just put the lid on the bottle so to speak. The halt in production of x-mags was primarily due to the cost it took to make them and the slim profit margin. Those of us that are lucky enough to own one are damn proud of it
Old 02-28-2007, 05:52 PM #88
KurtPB
iLurk

Annual Supporting Member
KurtPB is playing at Living Legends VI
KurtPB is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by phat4life07 View Post
AGD has been under financial stress for many many years thats why Tom Kaye decided to retired from the paintball business in December of 2004. but no one really knows why AGD wouldnt come up with new gun designs and make their guns lighter and smaller, for instance like the new Invert Mini. i wonder about that too.
smaller and lighter? one day at a local field i went from using my classic mag to someone's timmy that they were selling for a friend and it was like going from an alright sized stick to a brick. get a full ule pneumag and you have one small, light, & fast marker.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:58 PM #89
nathanjones008
GOP Paintballer!

good

these are great ideas. i think the best suggestion for the company is to do something. come out of the fox hole. Go to battle. If they fail they fail as a honorable company.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:38 PM #90
KurtPB
iLurk

Annual Supporting Member
i think the only reason people dont flock to them is because they dont have an eframe that doesnt need a battery/pack that looks like a magazine, they don't have eyes or because they arent used by "pros". i'm sure that if you had a could group of guys that all used mags and they played division ball, they'd get attention. and i mean mags that dont have spyder/hyperframes, i'm talking etacs/emags or maybe even pneumags, something that comes from AGD that way.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:41 PM #91
Thotograph

i think agd has done everything they could while remaining true to their set of beliefs... a cheap e-frame might boost interest, but what happens when they have a defect? in short they would lose more than they've set out to gain. agd is one company that (correct me if i'm wrong) has never had a recall on anything. so they don't need to build a reputation or gain respect from those who know... agd stands for quality and that will never change.

they just need to regain brand awareness and increase their exposure within the niche market that they've lost ground in... i.e. speedball, aka the only growing market in paintball. a factory team would be a start... however, i think if AGD isn't going to plug any effort/money into marketing then it's our duty (as enthusiasts) to make it known to as many people as possible that they too can own something of pure quality like a mag or rt pro etc.

just tonight i was explaining to a kids mom why she should get him a mag. she was fed up with spending money on his e-spyder to keep it running... i said this to her "there's 3 things to look for in buying a marker: speed, quality, value... and you can only pick two." i think she got the message. i wrote down a bunch of links for her to check out... guerrilla marketing baby! i can't tell you how much i enjoy explaining to the young ones that my gun doesn't take batteries... it's alot of fun letting people shoot my marker and then hearing their reactions... the ult is a great product.

i think agd has played it smart by laying low so by the same good graces hopefully they will reemerge after the dust has settled and the war of the ramping bps blasters is over. at least noone has tried to copy them... or wait i guess that's a bad thing since that's how SP and the like have decided to make money off their old models rather than develop something better or at least newer besides how long have the ion and shocker been around in their current state? hmmm.... now who's dead in the water here? looks like noone has done anything different lately really... it's either a matrix, a spooler, or a blow back open bolt (glorified spyder) with an e-grip; other than that it's bells, whistles, and stickers. nothing new under the sun that i've seen.

to me, it's all hype. agd just hasn't had anything to do with it, and clearly that was their choice.

as far as the ideas people have suggested i think there's some excellent possibilities here... reviving the pump-mag seems to be a must, as they have much higher resale than most any other used agd product out there (besides the x-mags etc). no doubt a lucrative niche market agd should tap into. personally, i'd like to see a mil-sim style bull-pup body kit or complete marker from agd... i'm in the process of designing/making my own with a pneumag style actuator... i just think it'd be great to utilize a longer barrel and still be tight with the setup.

just spread the word folks, spread the word!

Old Feedback
Old 03-04-2007, 12:01 AM #92
foughtwolf
First-And-Only Men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thotograph View Post
i think agd has done everything they could while remaining true to their set of beliefs... a cheap e-frame might boost interest, but what happens when they have a defect? in short they would lose more than they've set out to gain. agd is one company that (correct me if i'm wrong) has never had a recall on anything. so they don't need to build a reputation or gain respect from those who know... agd stands for quality and that will never change.

they just need to regain brand awareness and increase their exposure within the niche market that they've lost ground in... i.e. speedball, aka the only growing market in paintball. a factory team would be a start... however, i think if AGD isn't going to plug any effort/money into marketing then it's our duty (as enthusiasts) to make it known to as many people as possible that they too can own something of pure quality like a mag or rt pro etc.

just tonight i was explaining to a kids mom why she should get him a mag. she was fed up with spending money on his e-spyder to keep it running... i said this to her "there's 3 things to look for in buying a marker: speed, quality, value... and you can only pick two." i think she got the message. i wrote down a bunch of links for her to check out... guerrilla marketing baby! i can't tell you how much i enjoy explaining to the young ones that my gun doesn't take batteries... it's alot of fun letting people shoot my marker and then hearing their reactions... the ult is a great product.

i think agd has played it smart by laying low so by the same good graces hopefully they will reemerge after the dust has settled and the war of the ramping bps blasters is over. at least noone has tried to copy them... or wait i guess that's a bad thing since that's how SP and the like have decided to make money off their old models rather than develop something better or at least newer besides how long have the ion and shocker been around in their current state? hmmm.... now who's dead in the water here? looks like noone has done anything different lately really... it's either a matrix, a spooler, or a blow back open bolt (glorified spyder) with an e-grip; other than that it's bells, whistles, and stickers. nothing new under the sun that i've seen.

to me, it's all hype. agd just hasn't had anything to do with it, and clearly that was their choice.

as far as the ideas people have suggested i think there's some excellent possibilities here... reviving the pump-mag seems to be a must, as they have much higher resale than most any other used agd product out there (besides the x-mags etc). no doubt a lucrative niche market agd should tap into. personally, i'd like to see a mil-sim style bull-pup body kit or complete marker from agd... i'm in the process of designing/making my own with a pneumag style actuator... i just think it'd be great to utilize a longer barrel and still be tight with the setup.

just spread the word folks, spread the word!

If I recall, some of the first runs of Emags has firing issues or something along those lines. It had something to do with the solonoid plunger acting strange or the Hall effect being faulty after use. Im not to sure what exactly what it was, I just remember reading it around here somewhere.

"Originally posted by BGardner: AkA had every opportunity to license, we did not put them out of business. The put themselves out of business."

Last edited by foughtwolf : 03-04-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:42 PM #93
TokyoRose
Breeder Assassin

One invention? Well how about a buisness model that consists of making a profit.

That would require competitive products, with competitive pricing. I was about to purchase a ULE mag for my backup gun untill I saw the final price when it was all configured... it made me throw up in my mouth a little from the sticker shock.

Hate on Ions all you want, but when we are talking about compeitivly priced products they cost the same price as a ULE body and an inteleframe, are blowforwards just like a mag, include an electronic trigger with breakbeam eyes. I am not going to purchase an Ion because I am not looking for an electronic marker for this application, but I simply cant justify the price of the new mag in comparison to the pricing of the rest of the market.

If agd could produce a gun that included similar features (which they have in the past) at a competitive price and with their high quality, then they would have a competitive product.

I guess if I could find a micro emag for sale, I might jump on that as it is pretty much what I am looking for and you can use it in manual mode if you want, but we will see if I can ever find one of those for sale.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:47 PM #94
TokyoRose
Breeder Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thotograph View Post
i think agd has done everything they could while remaining true to their set of beliefs... a cheap e-frame might boost interest, but what happens when they have a defect? in short they would lose more than they've set out to gain. agd is one company that (correct me if i'm wrong) has never had a recall on anything.
I do belive they recalled all the delrin superbolts after some attempt to have people boil them to make them more durrable failed.

Also if a company did not try to make products because they are afraid they might make a few mistakes, they should not be in buisness. Thats what a testing and refinement phase is for, and that ssimply the nature of buisness. Every time you start a company and devlop a product, you are taking a risk, and if you are smart you attempt to minmize that risk. Thats just doing buinsess.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:37 PM #95
20piecetrix3rd

new lighter/smaller batery pack for the e-mag

z-frame for the e-mag

a bolt that cantget paint/dirt on it that wont go down so easley.

all problems I have run accross with my mags.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:35 PM #96
Thotograph

agd is only going to release a product that will carry on their namesake, and therefore they aren't going to make a cheap eframe simply because of the first word in the description: cheap. agd's products will never be cheap.

good call on the recalls... i figured i was wrong on that, but still it's apparent that nothing of theirs has suffered a major defect/recall.

i'd like to see them release their own clamping feedneck for the ule. i think i'd be cool to sport their seal on it... that logo has always appealed to me. maybe i just like lions or something?

Old Feedback
Old 03-05-2007, 08:41 AM #97
nathanjones008
GOP Paintballer!

updated websight.

Hey they updated the websight. that is a good sight right? the proclassic and mini mag is now 259.00
Old 03-05-2007, 12:50 PM #98
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjones008 View Post
Hey they updated the websight. that is a good sight right? the proclassic and mini mag is now 259.00
You already have a thread on this, quit spamming already.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:50 PM #99
nathanjones008
GOP Paintballer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
You already have a thread on this, quit spamming already.
Sorry let me rephrase the comment. The company ungraded the websight. That is a good sign right?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:55 PM #100
ProblemKinder
Colossians 3:8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRsi View Post
I have no idea why one would make a pump mag. The kits are dam pricey. I think AGD should mag slug bodies again. Just make the stuff they used to, colored x valves, custom emags.
i don't think you're going to see slug bodies again. the first time we all screamed GIVE US SLUGS then they made them and nobody bought them.

don't get me wrong, I wish they would make some more, so DW could make me a sweet body/rail. i just dont think it's gonna happen
Old 03-09-2007, 08:41 AM #101
NeoApollo
In With the Out Crowd

NeoApollo is a Supporting Member
I'd like to see what would happen if AGD and AKA put their heads together. They've both been burned by SP, and made great products before hand.

Something like a more effecient mag would be great. Basic mag design, but without the regulator part of the valve. Instead, like most other guns, the HPR is the foregrip. The forward half of the valve could be stretched backwards, to make a larger dump chamber and lower pressures. An aluminum bolt and lighter spring would probably move as easy under the lower pressure. Since the on/off valve has to be behind the dump chamber, I'm not sure what to do there, but I'm sure something could be figured out.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:58 AM #102
KurtPB
iLurk

Annual Supporting Member
why fix something that's not broken? the valve is fine. if they wanted, they could possibly try to find a cheaper way to make the valve and make an attractable electronic mag.