Old 03-05-2007, 09:54 PM #1
juju brown
@JuniorBrownXSV

juju brown is a Professional paintball player
juju brown works for a Paintball manufacturer
juju brown has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
juju brown has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Questions - For XSV about XSV thread.

Ok... So I think you all should have a place to ask your questions about the team to the team that donít need there own threads.

Ask away and Gina, myself or any other player will answer the best we can.

-JB

Last edited by juju brown : 02-14-2009 at 11:00 PM.
juju brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:11 PM #2
crimanal_-crue
-Lb-

How old are you Junior Brown?
crimanal_-crue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:14 PM #3
FreshPooky
I like my fatness

FreshPooky plays in the PSP
FreshPooky is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Is NRG still a team? Are ya'll keeping that spot? I just generally have a lot of roster questions. Who's playing 7 man for Damage? Who's playing for NRG? Let me know, thanks man.

Planet Eclipse, Empire, Understood
Avarice
XSV OT
FreshPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:19 PM #4
Loucust
Back From the Grave

Were you guys worried about how we'll you'd do during LAO since it was such a new roster? How hard and long did you practice to make up and build such a strong team in such a short time?
Thomas "Troll" Taylor#305
♠XSV♠
The system is FLAWED. We have been FAILED. It's time to REVOLT.
Loucust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:21 PM #5
extremegina

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimanal_-crue View Post
How old are you Junior Brown?
I think he's like 26, but he acts like he's 12!!!! lol

love ya ju!!

Join us:
Facebook: www.Facebook.com/ExtremePb

Visit us online:
www.ExtremePaintball.NET
extremegina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:23 PM #6
extremegina

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPooky View Post
Is NRG still a team? Are ya'll keeping that spot? I just generally have a lot of roster questions. Who's playing 7 man for Damage? Who's playing for NRG? Let me know, thanks man.
We will have 2 spots in the NPPL, the rosters haven't been decided 100%, we were concentrating on X-ball. They should be confirmed after this weekend and then we will post them up here for you all to see.

Join us:

Visit us online:
www.ExtremePaintball.NET
Old 03-05-2007, 10:34 PM #7
juju brown
@JuniorBrownXSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucust View Post
Were you guys worried about how we'll you'd do during LAO since it was such a new roster? How hard and long did you practice to make up and build such a strong team in such a short time?
Rich had the team working from the start of the year with 1 or 2 people coming in and out. But I know 90% of our roster for LAO had worked hard for the last 7 weekends.

Its hard to say if we were worried we know we can play good as a team but with any new team you can go hot and cold and i just hoped we were hot that weekend

JB
Old 03-05-2007, 11:58 PM #8
Rattlehead22
Purple soda y'all

Rattlehead22 is playing at Living Legends III
Rattlehead22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rattlehead22 supports Team VICIOUS
Rattlehead22 is for the Gunfight
I'd like to know the status of Neil, I know he was injured at LAO, will he be able to play HB? Thanks in advance.
To your journey towards eternity"
Rattlehead22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:03 AM #9
XSVDamageMarv

XSVDamageMarv is a Professional paintball player
XSVDamageMarv helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucust View Post
I don't know if worried is the right word but I'd be lying to you if I said some of us were not nervous, especially for the new members like myself. I will say the nerves went away pretty quickly after the 1st point of the 1st match of the tournament...it was all business after that.

I feel a large part of our relative success this past tournament was due to the amount of drilling we did. While drilling may not be as fun as scrimmaging another team, but I believe it played a large part in helping us increase our individual skills along with a solid team foundation very quickly.

I just wanted to say:

Thanks for all the support. It's great to play for a team that is dedicated to working hard and performing. It's also amazing to play for a team that has such great support from it's fans from all over the world. It means alot and thank you all. I don't get a chance to get on this website alot, but will visit when I can. Hope to meet some of you at the events.

Marvin
XSVDamageMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:44 AM #10
brianthehulk
AKA The Thing

Id like to know Neils status too, he was walkn slightly better on sunday, but nowhere near match fit.

Micah question:
you tore up the entire field at the LAO(xsv mvp, in my opinion with greg s honorable mention) but where do you prefer to play?

Team Illuminati Paintball PSP/NPPL
brianthehulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:54 AM #11
extremegina

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianthehulk View Post
Id like to know Neils status too, he was walkn slightly better on sunday, but nowhere near match fit.

Micah question:
you tore up the entire field at the LAO(xsv mvp, in my opinion with greg s honorable mention) but where do you prefer to play?
Don't tell him I told you... He likes to play in the sandbox, but the other kids throw sand at him and it makes him cry... lol

You're right Brian, Micah played great out there! Way to go stud!!

Join us:

Visit us online:
www.ExtremePaintball.NET
Old 03-06-2007, 01:21 AM #12
brianthehulk
AKA The Thing

oh great, HB is in 3 weeks and its surrounded by SAND! hmm, dont worry Micah ill keep the bad kids off of you,lol.
(we are strange Gina)

Team Illuminati Paintball PSP/NPPL
brianthehulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:37 AM #13
the other one
World Peace

has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
i have a question:

what are some of the things you guys do to mentally prepare yourselves for the game(s)? i know some people listen to music, some sit alone, some go over the game plan a million times.... what do you guys do? What do you think about?

I blog.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:32 AM #14
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
Why is Rich so dour and serious all the time. He's never sarcastic and he seems to be in a constant state of ennui.

Also, why is he so short and skinny?
Old 03-06-2007, 12:49 PM #15
U.K.K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead22 View Post
I'd like to know the status of Neil, I know he was injured at LAO, will he be able to play HB? Thanks in advance.
How is he doing?

www.northernquarterpb.com

THE FIRM FOR LIFE
U.K.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:51 PM #16
juju brown
@JuniorBrownXSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead22 View Post
Well we will know more on Monday about Neilís knee. Letís just hope he will be ok for HB.
As soon as we know it will get posted up.

JB

'LIKE' JT Paintball on Facebook

Visit JT on the web: www.JTPaintball.com
Visit JT SplatMaster on the web www.JTSplatMaster.com
Visit Pro Team XSV on the web: www.XSVPaintball.com
Old 03-06-2007, 07:48 PM #17
juju brown
@JuniorBrownXSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
i have a question:

what are some of the things you guys do to mentally prepare yourselves for the game(s)? i know some people listen to music, some sit alone, some go over the game plan a million times.... what do you guys do? What do you think about?
I think a lot of people like the music thing and we have one or two players that just like to sit and think about winning.
I like to walk up and down just thinking about winning, getting the flag and just shooting people in the face.

As long as you get pumped up its all good.

'LIKE' JT Paintball on Facebook

Visit JT on the web: www.JTPaintball.com
Visit JT SplatMaster on the web www.JTSplatMaster.com
Visit Pro Team XSV on the web: www.XSVPaintball.com
Old 03-06-2007, 07:55 PM #18
Rattlehead22
Purple soda y'all

Rattlehead22 is playing at Living Legends III
Rattlehead22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rattlehead22 supports Team VICIOUS
Rattlehead22 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju brown View Post
Well we will know more on Monday about Neil’s knee. Let’s just hope he will be ok for HB.
As soon as we know it will get posted up.

JB
Thanks a lot.
To your journey towards eternity"
Rattlehead22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:24 PM #19
joshhelsel

joshhelsel plays in the PSP
joshhelsel plays in the APPA D5 division
joshhelsel is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
What takes place in "Hell week"?

Last edited by joshhelsel : 03-06-2007 at 08:31 PM.
joshhelsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:31 PM #20
Xjrmillman13X

Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
i have a question:

There's really a balance between what each person does as an individual, and what we do as a team. So far the best balance i've ever seen or been apart of, is the warmup routine that Rich and the XSV Oldie's have come up with. As a team we warmup together, with each individual doing their own personal routine within the teams' warmup.

As a team, we were at the field at 7 a.m. every single morning of the tournament to walk the field before games started at 7:30. In that 30 minutes we break up into squads and re-evaluate the plays and gameplans that we have come up with before hand, and alter them to better suit the team we're going to play. After the games have started, as a team we are in the stands watching the other teams play the field to see what works and what doesn't. Sometimes when you practice on a field layout, you can run up to the 40 Dorito with no problem, but at the tournament, you might not be able to. Watching the games as a team, allows everyone on the team to see what the field allows for them as an individual to do. So while Thomas is watching games, he's looking to see if the guy who's playing his side of the field is making it to the snake on the break, who's shooting at that guy, so on and so forth. So to start with, as a team you can start by getting to the field and having each person on your team, watch what the other teams players are doing/able to do.

The next thing we do is go to the staging area as a team and start to gear up, usually about and hour and a half to two hours before our first game. It's at this point in the teams warmup, that the individual will take over. While we're putting on our gear, Thomas and Marcus Nielson will put on their ipod's, (honestly i think they're listening to Supertramp, or Disney's Alladin soundtrack, or something along those lines! I only say that because Marcus sometimes will look at you and say, "I can show you the world..." :-P) But seriously while we're gearing up as a team, we each do our own thing, some listen to music, Trevor Mcgee is quiet, Siewars, Pridieux and I quote family guy, and Neil comes up to each of us individually and tells us to, "have a game" but for the most part we're joking around with each other and just talking.

After we've geared up, we'll go over to an open area, jog a few laps and stretch as a team. Again, it's here that each person's individual routine fits within what the team is doing. While we're stretching, Thomas leads us but is still listenting to his ipod. Telford, is actually really quiet during this time, probably because he's wondering if his pills have kicked in for his back! After we stretch as a team, we pull it in and have a real quiet pep talk. For us, this weekend each pep-talk included bits about not forgetting what we've worked on for the last two months and how we had something to prove because a lot of people out there didn't expect much from us. After this we broke out and this is where the team's warmup was over and each person does what they need to do to get in the zone. When we get to this point it's usually 30-40 minutes before the game starts.

For me, i use this time to continue stretching the muscles that i need to make sure i stretch so that i don't cramp up or pull a muscle. While i'm stretching i'm thinking about what my job is on the field. This weekend I played the dorito side so i mentally pictured myself running my primary, what angles can i shoot from there, who can stop me from moving up to my secondary, what angles can i shoot from there, what am i going to do if someone is stopping me from moving up, etc?
When i'm done stretching, i'll go and make sure my gun is working, this always involves changing the batteries in my gun and hopper. Then running about two hoppers worth of paint through my gun to make sure everything works, then chronoing it and moving on. This is where i'll take one last look over the gameplans, making sure i know exactly what i'm supposed to do for each play.
After all this is done, it puts me at ease and i'm focused and ready to play because i don't have any doubts. I know my body is physically ready to play, i know my gun is working perfectly, and knowing exactly what i'm going to do on the field puts any doubt out of my mind. By doing the same routine over and over it's like a checklist to a pilot, it installs confidence in your gear, and more importantly, yourself.

So, to sum it all up, come up with a team warmup and stick to it, everytime, while you're doing the teams' warmup, do whatever you have to do. The most important thing you need to accomplish during this entire process is to remove all doubt. The little mice running around inside your head that make you doubt your playing ability will only distract you from winning, showing up to a game with gear that might not work is going to distract you from winning, not knowing what you're job on the field is will distract you from winning. By having everyone on the team there to warm up will install confidence in one another, because it removes doubt in your team-mates. (one of the biggest distractions a team can have is wondering if a teammate is going to show up on time!)

Thanks for the support and i hope this helps

Jon Millman
XSV #13.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=941 8006

Last edited by Xjrmillman13X : 03-06-2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: removing second quote
Xjrmillman13X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:54 PM #21
Anonymous028

exelent post man.

thank you, that will defanatley help me out when i play my next XPSL>
Anonymous028 is offline   Reply With Quote