PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-09-2007, 04:08 PM #1
tremonti_usa

Powerlyte Speedline?!!

Hey guys.. I heard the comparison between the speedline and the boomy and usually the speedline one. I have no doubt, honestly, because powerlyte makes TOP NOTCH everything. This small company is going big time..

Anyway, after hearing the comparison, I picked up some clearance speedline barrels. The price just couldn't be beat at the time.

I called powerlyte a while back and they said that they were going to be adding to the variety of speedline sizes/lengths in the next line of speedlines they made and that they were just selling off the old stock and starting over. That's cool and everything, but does anyone actually know when the new speedline line is going to be available?

I bought the .684/.688 'cocker threads and (I believe) 12 inch front. I'm looking to pick up a 14 and a 16 inch front as well as some other back sizes. I may also make the transition from aluminum to SS. I've heard that SS shoots better, because it can be honed more, but I haven't personally compared the accuracy. The stainless just feels a lot more solid to me, although I doubt I'd be able to do any serious damage to the aluminum(barring the possiblity of running it over with a car, at least). Also, the front that I have doesn't have the porting going up to the tip of the barrel. (You know the stuff that's supposed to let the ball stabilize [since upon impact of the air it flattens out like a rubber ball and needs to reform..] before the air is ejected at the tip?)

Anyway, I'm wanting to get a tip with the porting up to the tip, like with the new 07 scepters, pick up some additional backs and a case. I know I could just pick up a third party case for it, but I'd rather keep it in the family.

Anyone know any additional info? If/when the new line is going to be available? What it is going to include? Will it have the newer front like the new scepters do? Would I be able to get a speedline case? (It would be sweet if they made one like the redz case..that baby is niiice. It has neoprene slots and a flap in the middle and the outside is molded, has a nice redz logo on it, and seems VERY durable and impact resistant...and it's small in comparison to the other kits/cases I've owned.)

..and add in any other details that I've left out..

Thanks guys..

seoul grips
www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1857719

Cheap Paintballs from orderpaintball

Last edited by tremonti_usa : 02-09-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2007, 07:04 PM #2
tremonti_usa

Anyone actually use the speedline? I need some speedline FAQs answered..

seoul grips

Old 02-18-2007, 08:38 PM #3
benitowgp617
Sneaky Sneaky Penguin

I don't use a speedline, but i have owned one. I do have a 05 scepter kit and I love it to death. I might be able to answer some of your questions about the speedline. pm them to me if you are still looking for help.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:40 PM #4
tremonti_usa

Well, I just contacted powerlyte directly and they said that they are still coming out with a new speedline, but it wouldn't be compatible with the older ones. They said that it would probably be out around six months from now.

seoul grips