PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 11:18 PM #43
zero my hero 485 (Banned)

zero my hero 485 is a Supporting Member
wow watching that **** makes me so ****in pissed off i want to kick someones *** who works for nppl, wtf was that call he was so ****in out!! holy ****in **** WOW
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2006, 04:26 PM #44
Killingmachine_2010 (Banned)

Dynasty cheated thats what happened
Old 11-25-2006, 07:55 PM #45
GoKellys1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanche4lyf3 View Post
But whose to say it was a bad call? Were you on the field when it happened? no. so how can you call it a bad call if you didnt see it up close. I do agree that the nppl should release a statement. But my question is, who are you to say it was a bad call? You werent on the field where the ref was standing. He could have saw something totally different from what the cameras saw, maybe thats how they made the call, so how would that make it a bad call? I am not a fan of either teams btw.
YOu say "whose to say it was a bad call" 2 times, and imply a third. You are retarded if you think that it was a good call. Maybe the refs did see something else, but whatever they saw, it turned out it was wrong. If in a NFL game the last play to win the super bowl and the guy drops the ball, but the refs say he cought it and they win. You can't sya ti was a good call, that. You CAN say that the refs might have seen something different, but you can't say it was right.
Impact fanclub #69
Nexus fanclub #69
"dont add oil to your fill nipple" the life you save might just be your own.
.::L0G::.
R.I.P.
Stephen "The Crocodile Hunter" Irwin
22 February 1962- 4 September 2006
Old 11-25-2006, 11:24 PM #46
Legion226
RL

Legion226 is an NCPA player
Legion226 plays in the APPA beginner division
Legion226 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Legion226 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ouch. After reviewing that, even though im a dynasty fan, I would have thrown the red challange flag if this was football rules.

If you cant figure that out, that means that dynasty definitly should have lost, but the game is long over and theres nothing we can do about it.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:26 PM #47
StJimmy666
NO WAI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion226 View Post
Ouch. After reviewing that, even though im a dynasty fan, I would have thrown the red challange flag if this was football rules.

If you cant figure that out, that means that dynasty definitly should have lost, but the game is long over and theres nothing we can do about it.
one of the most sensible posts said here

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
"All i know now is i got to do something right."
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
"Originally posted by incob123: i got a 4 point infraction for posting 'fat bottommed girls' music video by queen after one of p8ntgurls posts."
"Originally posted by Biohaz4rd: Casey Anthony would be having a ball right now."
"Originally posted by sanjay: more like an 8 ball. Am I rite?"
Old 11-27-2006, 09:22 AM #48
zombiesid1
Fearless

zombiesid1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
zombiesid1 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKellys1991 View Post
YOu say "whose to say it was a bad call" 2 times, and imply a third. You are retarded if you think that it was a good call. Maybe the refs did see something else, but whatever they saw, it turned out it was wrong. If in a NFL game the last play to win the super bowl and the guy drops the ball, but the refs say he cought it and they win. You can't sya ti was a good call, that. You CAN say that the refs might have seen something different, but you can't say it was right.
Football refs f up calls all the time in the super bowl. Look at XL.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:29 PM #49
pbpro9118

of corse dynasty wins there the best
Old 12-12-2006, 05:25 PM #50
N2BUNKERBALL

N2BUNKERBALL is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Paintballstar

NPPL changes Commanders Cup penalties
In an unprecedented move, the NPPL has revisited the final game between Dynasty and Joy Division at the Commanders Cup in October. Presumably video we posted on Pbstar and others on the net were used for an "instant replay" to make a decision nearly two months after the fact. While the suspension update may seem relatively minor, the changes that have been made to penalty Joy received are being interpreted by Joy fans that Joy is the true winner, "in spirit". Hopefully the NPPL can clarify...

Commander's Cup 2006 Final Pro Game

San Diego Dynasty vs. Stockholm Joy Division

NPPL Ultimate Dave Zinkham has carefully studied the situation and held lengthy discussions with players from both teams and match officials and has made the following Suspension Review:

1. The Stockholm Joy suspension will be lifted.
2. At no time did any Joy player shoot after his armband was removed.
3. Brian Cole will receive a warning for shooting after his armband was removed.
4. Alex Fraige will receive an official warning for physical contact.

The NPPL's Mission is to be the World Wide Governing body of the sport of paintball, to run and promote the highest quality events, to ensure safe, fair, competitive play for members, teams and spectators, while showcasing Paintball as a major sport with integrity and professionalism. The NPPL is committed to setting rules, standards and guidelines for safe, competitive and fair Paintball competitions worldwide. For more information on the National Professional Paintball

http://www.myspace.com/masterteckelly
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30...l/IMG_2216.jpg
Old 12-14-2006, 12:45 PM #51
bigtony13
Exhibitionist

So i just read the nppl's decision and I gotta say dynasty's punishment should have been much more severe. That just stinks, sorry joy.

Old School Feedback Thread
Old 02-04-2007, 02:02 AM #52
()VV/\/E|) ?

WOW BIG PUNISHMENT haha, that blows

you really cannot blame the refs to much, everything happened so fast and where is the red challenge flag in football you know.. Well karma is a ***** so just smoke em next time.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:06 PM #53
EdisonsFinestPB

Well honestly, what else could the NPPL do? It's not like they are going to take away the title. It was months after the fact. Are they going to take away Dynasty's prize money and hand it to Joy? No. They did not, in fact, say Joy won. All they said was that Dynasty had a few more faults then what was made to be believed in October.
RU SUPPORT- #1
Jersey Authority Fan Club - #1
Todd Martinez Fan #24
Brian Cole Fan # 14
Nicky Cuba fan #226
Old 02-08-2007, 05:01 PM #54
nima67

nima67 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nima67 posts videos on PbNation
nima67 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
joy

Every one know that JOY was the winner of NPPL OC. No doubt.

JOY IS THE BEST!
Old 02-09-2007, 02:55 AM #55
Fargbollen
WDP certified airtech

Joy, didn't really win. But they should have won.
Or rather, the game should have continued as a 1-on-1, which was obvious to anyone not totally biased in Dynastys favor at the time. Also it would have really been a crowd pleaser. I was watching the NPPL internet tv broadcast live in the middle of th night (Europe) and I remember how cheated I felt when the final call came in.

The worst thing about this wasn't to me that Dynasty got a win they did not deserve, but the unfair penalties and that certain Dynasty players really put their heart into rubbing it in Joys faces, calling them unsportsmanlike and other totally undeserved BS. As if the win wasnt' enough, or rather that he knew he shouldn't really have got it. Very bad form, especially from someone that had flaunted his disregard of rules and safety by grabbing a live player -one of few rock solid taboos of paintball.
At least the penalties are gone from Joy now, and it's what I was hoping for. But I know I'll never think the same of one certain boy in blue and frankly I don't see how even his fans can just overlook and forget about that grab.

Regardless, I bet Joy will have a great season 2007. With better reffing they'll do great things.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Angel One.

Last edited by Fargbollen : 02-09-2007 at 02:58 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:57 PM #56
Nac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanche4lyf3 View Post
They wont redetermine the winner just because joy is mad that they lost. That was the right call by the ref. Why should the NPPL say they were wrong when the joy player over shot BC. Get over it. JOY LOST DYNASTY WON, everyone needs to shut the **** up, especially if they werent there to see it, you cant tell what happened by the videos. Let Idris handle it with the NPPL, the joy fans need to stay out of it. Nothing against joy, but i am tired of seeing these threads on pbnation and where ever i go. Let the bigwigs figure it out, there is a slim chance that the call will be reversed but let Joy and the NPPL figure it out. I dont think the NPPL should admit to a wrong call, especially when it is mostly the fans who are complaining. The NPPL doesnt need to apoligize.

I didnt know they let blind people play paintball.

You can CLEARLY see what happened by the videos and what happened in the videos is exactly what people in this thread are saying what happened.

No JD players had their arm bands pulled, both dynasty players did. Giving joy a penalty for playing on is stupid because as long as they still have their arm band on, they are in the game.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:11 PM #57
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac View Post
I didnt know they let blind people play paintball.

You can CLEARLY see what happened by the videos and what happened in the videos is exactly what people in this thread are saying what happened.

No JD players had their arm bands pulled, both dynasty players did. Giving joy a penalty for playing on is stupid because as long as they still have their arm band on, they are in the game.
The overshooting penalty is harder for you to see justified on videos. Before you argue it, think about this for a minute - When you view the "uber 1337 DM7" videos showing off the BPS rates, how many of the shots fired do you actually see? The truth is that the cameras are too slow to catch everything. What may appear as 5 or 6 shots can easily be 12 or 13. The folds in BC's jersey can certainly hide a significant number of hits when he turns his body.

You're going to have to accept the fact that once a player is hit or called out, they're done, regardless of the presence of an armband. Cheater logic and good reffing generally tend not to agree with each other. Playing on is playing on, whether the player has an armband or not.

I can understand why you responded so strongly, as his post wasn't the kindest. Just remember that you're talking to some random guy over the internet, and it's not worth getting a ban for flaming.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:29 AM #58
Fargbollen
WDP certified airtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforcegtid00d View Post
The overshooting penalty is harder for you to see justified on videos. Before you argue it, think about this for a minute - When you view the "uber 1337 DM7" videos showing off the BPS rates, how many of the shots fired do you actually see? The truth is that the cameras are too slow to catch everything. What may appear as 5 or 6 shots can easily be 12 or 13. The folds in BC's jersey can certainly hide a significant number of hits when he turns his body.
This is true. But it's also true that a player with his armband already pulled cannot shoot or even aim his gun at a live player in a threatening manner and then be deemed as overshot.
So I'm going with Nacs view on this. I too didn't I didnt know they let blind people play paintball.

Quote:
You're going to have to accept the fact that once a player is hit or called out, they're done, regardless of the presence of an armband. Cheater logic and good reffing generally tend not to agree with each other. Playing on is playing on, whether the player has an armband or not.
A player with his armband removed is OBVIOUSLY out, no matter how you play it. If that player raises his gun at a live player IT IS PLAYING ON. i.e BC was playing on well before any overshooting occurred.
Why are we still arguing this? NPPL has removed the penalty on the Joy players and stated it was a mistake.

Quote:
I can understand why you responded so strongly, as his post wasn't the kindest. Just remember that you're talking to some random guy over the internet, and it's not worth getting a ban for flaming.
I truly, seriously doubt NAC will get a BAN for stating the obvious.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Angel One.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:44 PM #59
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargbollen View Post
This is true. But it's also true that a player with his armband already pulled cannot shoot or even aim his gun at a live player in a threatening manner and then be deemed as overshot.
So I'm going with Nacs view on this. I too didn't I didnt know they let blind people play paintball.

A player with his armband removed is OBVIOUSLY out, no matter how you play it. If that player raises his gun at a live player IT IS PLAYING ON. i.e BC was playing on well before any overshooting occurred.
Why are we still arguing this? NPPL has removed the penalty on the Joy players and stated it was a mistake.

I truly, seriously doubt NAC will get a BAN for stating the obvious.
I've got nothing against Joy, so don't get the wrong idea here. I'm just saying that a legitimate overshooting penalty was more than possible. None of us know the whole story, and seeing that this has been resolved to some degree, there's no point in arguing it.

The ban thing was for future reference.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:58 PM #60
confused25

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2BUNKERBALL View Post
NPPL changes Commanders Cup penalties
In an unprecedented move, the NPPL has revisited the final game between Dynasty and Joy Division at the Commanders Cup in October. Presumably video we posted on Pbstar and others on the net were used for an "instant replay" to make a decision nearly two months after the fact. While the suspension update may seem relatively minor, the changes that have been made to penalty Joy received are being interpreted by Joy fans that Joy is the true winner, "in spirit". Hopefully the NPPL can clarify...

Commander's Cup 2006 Final Pro Game

San Diego Dynasty vs. Stockholm Joy Division

NPPL Ultimate Dave Zinkham has carefully studied the situation and held lengthy discussions with players from both teams and match officials and has made the following Suspension Review:

1. The Stockholm Joy suspension will be lifted.
2. At no time did any Joy player shoot after his armband was removed.
3. Brian Cole will receive a warning for shooting after his armband was removed.
4. Alex Fraige will receive an official warning for physical contact.

The NPPL's Mission is to be the World Wide Governing body of the sport of paintball, to run and promote the highest quality events, to ensure safe, fair, competitive play for members, teams and spectators, while showcasing Paintball as a major sport with integrity and professionalism. The NPPL is committed to setting rules, standards and guidelines for safe, competitive and fair Paintball competitions worldwide. For more information on the National Professional Paintball

So the NPPL just gave dynasty a stern talking too........lame.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:59 PM #61
T*wAgs

Yeah no time out to go with it either =/.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:18 PM #62
*Endo*21
ruoy gnikcuf diputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforcegtid00d View Post
I've got nothing against Joy, so don't get the wrong idea here. I'm just saying that a legitimate overshooting penalty was more than possible. None of us know the whole story, and seeing that this has been resolved to some degree, there's no point in arguing it.

The ban thing was for future reference.
I know the whole story

Lol, yea you guys as crazy as this whole thing is...its seriously like complaining about Ions anymore...its really old news. This was taken up and down for SOO long.

Yes maybe Dynasty didnt get a good full punishment considering what NPPL tried to do to Joy. But honestly theres no more arguing to do about this. Considering that even NPPL decided their decision was rash, it just kinda shows all of the Joy supporters were right.

Its great that everyone stuck through with Joy through the whole contraversy even though most people love Dynasty over life, and its awesome that people can be above that and actually do a little searching to find out whats up, as appose to staying ignorant and one track minded.

But seriously guys this is dead...like corpse dead

JOY 2007 FTMFW
Old 04-25-2007, 12:37 AM #63
sheWILLchoke
T#12LLY

The joy back center(sebban i think) had paint on him, when the hell did he get shot? Maybe when Alex called a paint check on him? You cant fake that much emotion...

Hmmm, how about a rematch at HB 07? Oh wait Joy got schooled.
Closed Thread