Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-23-2007, 03:13 PM #22
wfbrady09 (Banned)
wife is dead? HIGH FIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelieman View Post
49er's ftw. My dad grew up watching them when they sucked, and then he witnessed all the lore of the Montana years, which was awesome. I'm a Bills/Colts/49er's fan myself, and I honestly have to say that the AFC title game last night was the first comeback I've witnessed in my lifetime that I've been on the winning side of. Other than the 49er's v. giants playoff game back in '03 when Garcia lead them back from 24 down. Of course, those were still the TO years...
the giants reminds of i believe 98 when young threw a td to TO at the end of the game against the packers...that was intense
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2007, 05:47 PM #23
lop
RAIDER HATE

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
49ers. Although the steelers run in the 70s and being 4 for 4 in superbowls is pretty impressive, I just think those 49ers of the 80s were insane.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:23 PM #24
OU812?
Buried Treasur3z!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lop View Post
49ers. Although the steelers run in the 70s and being 4 for 4 in superbowls is pretty impressive, I just think those 49ers of the 80s were insane.
Niners are 5 of 5 in superbowls! 1982, 1985, 1989, 1990, 1995(superbowl years),i think we'll be adding 2008 or 2009 to that list!

I'm of coursed biased too being a huge niner fan. Montana and Rice on the same team was just unbelievable. I love wathcing old games of Monatana, he's like a surgeon in the last few minutes of a game. And it helps having the creator of the West Coast Offense as your coach! (Bill Walsh) Also helped having guys like Roger Craig, Dwight Clark, Brent Jones, Merton Hanks, Charles Haley and others.

Niners vs. Dallas in the NFC championship of 1982 was one of the best games in NFL history. "THE CATCH" by Dwight Clark launched the 49er dynasty.

The Steelers of the 70's were also phenomenal. Bradshaw was great, he's a character!
Old 01-23-2007, 06:24 PM #25
midpimpen12
(growl) evil piggys

Dolphins

#4 ITALIAN BALLA lllllllllllllll
Old 01-23-2007, 06:36 PM #26
Jckdarippr

49ers...Montana is by far the greatest quarterback to ever set foot on the field. Not the fastest, not the most mobile nor can he throw the farthest, but man did he have a cool head, what an iceman. Though I'm worried about his superbowl record since Tom Brady already has 3 rings and isn't even in his 30's. Rice, the best receiver in the history of the game.

FEEDBACK
Old 01-23-2007, 07:04 PM #27
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko_KiLlErS PB 04183 View Post
cowboys can suck my left nut. Not only do i just down right dislike the team but your fans are the worst out there.
hahaha
Old 01-23-2007, 07:08 PM #28
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lop View Post
They were

Consider this folks - the 49's had to compete with the Giants AND the Redskins around that time - two teams that both won two superbowls of their own (last two were in 90 and 91, but still) San Fran lost the NFC championship to the Giants in 90 (15 to 13) and the Redskins in 83 (24-21). They win those and that's six SB appearences (probably win the SB too) in ten years.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:56 PM #29
Devito
Your Fired!

The steelers had to compete with the 72 Dolphins (AKA Undefeated) in the Championship, and they were the closest team to beating them that year. They also contended with the Raiders and Cowboys who both could have been called the team of that decade had it not been for the Steelers!

Again to put the "if" scenario into effect...2 AFC Championships WINS at home instead of losses to the Pats in 01 and 04...and nobody would ever have to hear the media fawning over Tom Brady.

GRENADEGLOVES
SPACECRAFT

WE MUST EXPLOIT
Old 01-24-2007, 05:36 AM #30
DeMoNiC_dImEbAg (Banned)
XBL=hof8231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko_KiLlErS PB 04183 View Post
cowboys can suck my left nut. Not only do i just down right dislike the team but your fans are the worst out there.
Eagles, Raiders and Giants fans are all way worse as a whole. Pittsburgh fans can be pretty big dicks too.