12-26-2006, 02:43 AM
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego
PMR Ultimate Sticky v1.0
All PMR's use COCKER threaded barrels and can be run off HP or LP tanks
QUOTE from a Tech from DYE:
Originally Posted by Ed-Dye Tech
I recomend a HP tank. Faster recharge rate
This was done because Gremlin challenged me
DM's and PM's run just fine with either LP Tanks or HP tanks. Neither one is better.
What is my PMR worth?
NEED PMR HELP!:
Knowing Your PMR Marker:
- Matching single piece Proto barrel
- Hyper2 in-line air regulator
- Anti-chop eye system
- Composite eyeplate
- 150psi operating pressure with Boost Forward technology
- Continuous three-dimensional contoured body design
- Compact and lightweight body styling
- Proto dual-durometer sticky grips
- LED program control
- Dual-durometer composite ergonomic 45 grip frame
- Re-engineered 1 piece bolt system
- Adjustable dual-durometer trigger sensitivity and rate of fire
- Stamped metal insert logo
- New Proto bottom line
- Adjustable locking dual-durometer feedneck
- No UL frame but one will be made specifically for the PMR.
- No LPR.
- 3 firing modes + 1 (Semi, PSP, Millennium, and NXL (hidden mode) thread by NickA5)
- The PMR colors are black, blue, olive, and red
- 1.22 without reg, barrel and battery. 1.94 pounds with everything.
How To's / Modifications:
- Again, Read the Manual
- UL Frame Fact's
- PMR Disassembled
- PMR Review and FAQ's
- PMR Information (Weight, Efficiency, Operating Pressure, and comparison to DM/PM guns)
- PMR weight (body, stock frame, ul frame, etc...)
- Is the Bolt the same as DM/PM's:
NO. It uses the new patented Boost forward bolt. Pics in PMR Disassembled link above.
- What firing modes does PMR stock board come with?:
3 firing modes + 1 (Semi, PSP, Millennium, and NXL (hidden mode) thread by NickA5)
- Does the PMR have an LPR:
NO. There is no need for one with the new designed Boost forward bolt. The LPR on other DM/PM's basically allows you to fine tune.
- What barrel threading does it take?
- What is the barrel length and bore size?
1 piece 11 inch. .690 bore.
- What type of Eyes does the PMR come with?
They are break beam eyes. It still comes with the Proto type eye ribbon material. Lucky most likely will come out with a board that will use their wired laser eyes.
- Is it made of plastic?
NO. The body, reg, VAA, and bolt are all made of aluminum. The trigger frame, trigger, eye covers, and bolt cap are made of a strong Polymer.
- Does the stock frame come with a rail?
- Does the PMR have kick?
This is always a debatable topic. Simple truth is... all guns have kick. Most PMR users say it is very minimal.
- Is the PMR bolt soft on paint?
From the manual:
When the PMR is fired the solenoid is actuated and the air inside the can is exhausted out. This
causes the Bolt to start moving forward with the force created by the air inside the supply chamber.
Once the bolt has moved about half way forward the input into the supply chamber is closed and a
patent pending Boost™ feature is activated on the back. This gives the bolt an extra push forward
and makes sure the valve of the PMR is opened fast and efficiently. The secondary benefit of this
Boost™ feature is that on the initial part of the bolt movement the bolt pushes very gently against the
paintball inside the breach reducing ball breakage.
- What is the break-in period on the Hyper2?
Notice that the Hyper2 has a break in period of about 2000 shots
before it achieves the best performance.
- What are the PMR Stock settings:
- ABS = dipswitch 1 on/up position
- Trigger Sensitivity = factory default 5
- Dwell = factory default 25
- ROF (Rate Of Fire) = The factory default is 15 (20 BPS)
- Firing mode = Factory default is semi automatic mode
- Hyper2 = There is NO such thing as a stock setting. Start with 2 to 2.5 turns out and adjust to desired Velocity/FPS over the chrono.
- How do you adjust Velocity/FPS?
Last edited by erayser : 05-16-2010 at 09:27 PM.
01-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego
PMR Ultimate Sticky v1.0 (continued)
PMR Videos and Picture threads:
Official Proto Rail Appraisal thread:
- PMR Upgrades from Proto catalog
- What triggers work on the PMR
- What are the differences between a PMR UL trigger for a stock frame and PMR UL frame trigger?
Stock frame UL trigger (looks like a UL frame trigger but only fits the Stock frame):
PMR UL frame trigger (NOTE: milled at the top of trigger. Therefore, DM6 triggers will NOT fit the PMR UL frame):
More info: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1927494
- What aftermarket board can the PMR stock frame take?
The PMR uses the same board as the stock PM7 frame. Therefore, any stock PM7 aftermarket board that comes out will fit the PMR stock frame.
- Do they make a PMR UL frame?
- What firing modes comes with the PMR UL frame?
Firing modes are the same as stock (semi (NPPL), PSP, and millennium).
- Will the DM6 triggers work on the PMR UL Frame?
NO. The PMR UL frame is the only UL frame that will not take DM6 triggers.
YES. If you do the DM6 trigger in PMR UL frame mod by downhillracer17
- Will the PMR UL frame be heavier or lighter than the stock frame?
- What is the advantage of a UL frame?
Mainly feel. Has better buttons, LED is on grip and HUD.
- What upgrades should I get for my PMR?
Suggested PMR Upgrade thread: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1923175
None should be needed... and it is all preference. Here are a few suggestions from PMR owners:
- new metal bolt guide
- new barrel or barrel kit
- new hopper - halo, reloader, velocity, pulse + RF chip <- all preference
- new feedneck
- on/off ASA
- trigger or UL frame
- new board
- What aftermarket bolts are available?
- Are there laser eyes for the PMR stock board?
virtue laser eyes are available for the PMR stock board
NOTE: Laser eyes do NOT enhance performance. They are only mainly for looks, and easier to see if the eyes are working.
- Where can I find a PMR UL frame or other upgrades?
Last edited by erayser : 10-21-2008 at 09:22 PM.
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off