PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-22-2007, 02:31 PM #1
skydad

Environmental Documentation

Been able to find all sorts of informal information on paintballs and the environment but does anyone have a link to more of an official report/statement that can be used in a proposal to show how safe paintballs are to the environment?

Many Thanks!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2007, 02:53 PM #2
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
I searched for something like that a couple months ago and could find no formal study. The field manual advertised at the top of this forum has some reports in it, but no formal studies.

My strategy was to collect the MSDS's (material safety data sheet) from the paint suppliers and use those to show that the paint is deemed non-hazardous. I also researched the ingredients used to make the paint and got the MSDS's for them as well.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
Old 01-22-2007, 08:47 PM #3
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends VII
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
lopez17 is Immortal
That's usually what I'd recommend. You might want to call Pevs at their Manassas location. They had to provide Loudoun county in VA with an Environmental Safety report before working on their new field. Essentially I think they did a quick analysis that due to the fact that the MSDS's for the products being used were clean and non-toxic that there was no tangible risk to the environment.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:30 PM #4
DLSPaintball
Team Breakout

Yup, that's what you have to do. The owner of a store around here had to call up his friends that work for the major paint companies and get the MSDS's and all that info. Just call a paint company and ask them about it.
Smart Parts Ion w/ Ups: 14" Freak w/ .693 and Reball Inserts, Silver Smart Parts Body, Extreme Rage Twistlock Feedneck, Clippard QEV, ****** Eyes (Green), CP Reg, CP Roller Trigger, NDZ Rail, NDZ On/Off w/ Bleed, Scenario Dreams Ion T-Board w/ Membrane Pad, Tech-T L7 Bolt, Orange Ball Detents, ****** Easy On/Off Button, and Contract Killer Grips.

My Feedback > +2/-0

Free, quick, and easy money!
Old 01-23-2007, 10:40 PM #5
skydad

Thx all - I was hoping to get something that was from an independant source and considering how big of issue this has seemed to be I thought there would have been some done by now -
Old 01-23-2007, 11:51 PM #6
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Well, it hasn't been made quite an issue as maybe it should or could have been by now.

The fact is: Paint is not good for the environment. "Biodegradable" isn't truly accurate, since the stuff never really leaves an area that has been drenched in it. It washes away fairly easily, and won't kill any animals if they eat it, but plants tend to grow poorly (if at all) and the soil in the surrounding area gets muddy and/or hard for years to come. Paint even eats away at goggle lenses, slowly... or at least a main ingredient of paintballs does.