LT to skip out on Pro Bowl? - Page 2 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:03 PM #22
JungleLarry (Banned)
Algorithms and bananas
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
So let me get this straight...

The Pats win, and celebrate which is their right for out playing the other team on the field. They use a dance which Merriman always does to TAUNT other teams when he sacks someone and the Pats are the bad guys? LT is a poor sport is what that boils down to.
Get a grip, Kolder. A defensive lineman doing a dance after a sack is the same thing as a wide receiver doing a dance when they get a touchdown. The fact that the Patriots walked out on the field, did the same dance that Merriman does reflects their inability to be classy. They also wandered around and yelled "That's lights out, San Diego!"

If that's not classless, I don't know what is. If the Patriots just went out on the field and celebrated, I don't think LT would have had a problem, but they went out and targeted one of LT's teammates which he took quite personally...and he had every right to.
JungleLarry is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:10 PM #23
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by berry_wendel View Post
U say you are a better player??? So that means you are playing football at this point in your life (like high school, pop warner, college etc)? Also that statement doesn't pertain to anything. Joe never once said anything about his athleticism in this thread. The fact that you mad that statement just makes you look like a retard.

Thanks, I wasnt gonna respond to his comments. He constantly has it out for me and is now just upset that I was right all along about Manning and that he just now looks like a fool. As usual.



Back on topic....I dont disagree with LTs feelings toward the Patriots, after seeing how they reacted in front of the cameras yesterday, but Peyton did say Bill and Tom both congradulated him after the game, so its a tough call. While Peyton defended them, I think what people saw was Bellichick brush him off and Brady head straight for the tunnel without the customary mid-field hand shake. So, that being said yea, I think the Patriots, namely Bill and Brady tarnished their image a bit more today. LT called them on it last week, and this week they reinforce what he said. I mean, Peyton and the media can say what they want, but anyone who see's those clips is going to automatically call the Patriots classless and figure LT was right.


I've repeatedly try to tell people brady is a whiny little girl when he gets beat, and this is just another example. You never saw Peyton walk off the field in any of his defeats without first giving props to the winning team. It was a classless, cry baby move by both the coach and the face of the franchise QB, and this isnt the first we've heard of it. I dont understand why people never saw it before, but hey. Im forced to see all the Brady post game interviews and the like, so I know hes a whiny little girl. This just further proves my point.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:12 PM #24
empiretimmy53
 
 
empiretimmy53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
 has been a member for 10 years
if LT was as classy as he says he is, and as classy as he displayed during the season then he would have handled this in a classy manner....such as walking away from the problem, and not saying anything degrading about the Patriots to the media

sure hes still a classy guy, but in this situation it seems he got a little bit too cocky because of all the attention America was giving him
empiretimmy53 is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:15 PM #25
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
He defended his teammates, I dont think you can call that classless. He wouldnt have mocked one of the Patriots if they had a signature dance, hell, the man wont even do his own dance. My only problem with LT was that he called himself classy. We know your classy, you dont have to point it out.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:26 PM #26
empiretimmy53
 
 
empiretimmy53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
 has been a member for 10 years
Hes not classless at all, but calling himself classy and the Patriots classless was a cocky move. He didnt show cockiness other than that press conference, but im positive that deep down he was getting pretty cocky after breaking the record and all the attention he was getting. But i dont blame him for getting cocky, hes the best running back in the game right now and i know for a fact i would probably be a cocky son of a ***** if i was in the NFL.
empiretimmy53 is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:31 PM #27
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well, cocky is a nessecity if your going to compete at your sports highest level. However, theres a fine line between cocky and arrogant, cocky is ok, arrogance however is just bad.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:35 PM #28
blaker615
RIP Air McNair
 
blaker615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nashville,Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
Well, cocky is a nessecity if your going to compete at your sports highest level. However, theres a fine line between cocky and arrogant, cocky is ok, arrogance however is just bad.
thats my view on it too. people say i'm cocky, but if you go into a game thinking youre gonna stomp the other team, you will more than likely versus "oh well you know i have great teammates" bull****.
__________________
ROCKY TOP!
The University of Tennessee
GO VOLS
blaker615 is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:36 PM #29
paintballkid97
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: baltimore *410*
LT is beeing a little *****, plain and simple.
paintballkid97 is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:45 PM #30
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaker615 View Post
thats my view on it too. people say i'm cocky, but if you go into a game thinking youre gonna stomp the other team, you will more than likely versus "oh well you know i have great teammates" bull****.
You gotta have that attitude that no ones better then you and you can hold it down with anyone anywhere. So yea, it works.


Quote:
LT is beeing a little *****, plain and simple.

Another outstanding contribution from one of our most esteemed members.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:46 PM #31
Towelieman (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Bellichick can't control what the players do every moment of every game. It's fine if LT was pissed at what the players did, and I agree what they did was not in good taste at all. But he needs to stop being a baby and play in the pro bowl. He's one of the best players in the league and a lot of fans will be disappointed if he doesn't show up.
Towelieman is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:47 PM #32
paintballkid97
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: baltimore *410*
dude, he's beeing a little *****, after the game called out Bill Bellichsck and said he was "classless" and now he's gonna not go to the probowl, he is being a dousde bag
paintballkid97 is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:48 PM #33
_V_ (Banned)
Secede.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Republic of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleLarry View Post
Get a grip, Kolder. A defensive lineman doing a dance after a sack is the same thing as a wide receiver doing a dance when they get a touchdown. The fact that the Patriots walked out on the field, did the same dance that Merriman does reflects their inability to be classy. They also wandered around and yelled "That's lights out, San Diego!"

If that's not classless, I don't know what is. If the Patriots just went out on the field and celebrated, I don't think LT would have had a problem, but they went out and targeted one of LT's teammates which he took quite personally...and he had every right to.


Quote:
Originally Posted by blaker615 View Post
thats my view on it too. people say i'm cocky, but if you go into a game thinking youre gonna stomp the other team, you will more than likely versus "oh well you know i have great teammates" bull****.
Confidence, NOT being cocky is what is needed in pro sports. HUGE difference between the two. To be cocky you have to be good first tho..



Belicheck may not be directly responsible for what the Patriots did but its his team and he is responsible for them. Like when your kid breaks something in a store, you are responsible for that.
_V_ is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:50 PM #34
berry_wendel
I WILL RULE YOU!!!
 
berry_wendel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
berry_wendel is playing at Living Legends III
berry_wendel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
berry_wendel supports Team VICIOUS
berry_wendel is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballkid97 View Post
dude, he's beeing a little *****, after the game called out Bill Bellichsck and said he was "classless" and now he's gonna not go to the probowl, he is being a dousde bag
You're a Pats fan?!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA


I am laughing out of how sad I feel because the same team I support is "supported" by you. How does such a great team gain such ****ty fans?
berry_wendel is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:51 PM #35
Mr. SparkleIsBack
Viva La Nation
 
Mr. SparkleIsBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto
Mr. SparkleIsBack is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Ives View Post
Brett Favre has turned down some pro bowl invites, I don't see it being to big of a thing.
There is a difference between turning down, and being selected and skipping out a month before...

Favre did it and didn't waste peoples time.
Mr. SparkleIsBack is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:52 PM #36
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelieman View Post
Bellichick can't control what the players do every moment of every game. It's fine if LT was pissed at what the players did, and I agree what they did was not in good taste at all. But he needs to stop being a baby and play in the pro bowl. He's one of the best players in the league and a lot of fans will be disappointed if he doesn't show up.
Right, but like a brat kid most likely reflects its parents ability in bringing them up right or wrong, players actions are mostly reflected on the coachs ability to maintain discipline over his team and make sure they understand what to do in every situation, before, after, during a game, it doesnt matter. You coach your team to have respect for you and the other players, and mainly the game. It reflects on Bill as much as it does the players. If you coach your team to have class, you wont have to baby sit them.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:53 PM #37
paintballkid97
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: baltimore *410*
No I'm not a Pats fan, LT is being a baby because he doesn't get the coach he wants in the probowl so he decides to let all the fans down and not go.
paintballkid97 is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:53 PM #38
elite_aim
 
 
elite_aim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Bend, IN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by berry_wendel View Post
You're a Pats fan?!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA


I am laughing out of how sad I feel because the same team I support is "supported" by you. How does such a great team gain such ****ty fans?
god damnit I know. It makes me angry to see all of his ****ty posts that just make us New England fans look bad.
__________________
| University of Notre Dame Fighting Irish
| New England Patriots
| Boston Red Sox
| Boston Celtics
| Boston Bruins
elite_aim is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:54 PM #39
paintballkid97
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: baltimore *410*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
Right, but like a brat kid most likely reflects its parents ability in bringing them up right or wrong, players actions are mostly reflected on the coachs ability to maintain discipline over his team and make sure they understand what to do in every situation, before, after, during a game, it doesnt matter. You coach your team to have respect for you and the other players, and mainly the game. It reflects on Bill as much as it does the players. If you coach your team to have class, you wont have to baby sit them.
I'm not talking about that, he doesn't need to skip the probowl because he doesn't like someone.
paintballkid97 is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:54 PM #40
berry_wendel
I WILL RULE YOU!!!
 
berry_wendel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
berry_wendel is playing at Living Legends III
berry_wendel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
berry_wendel supports Team VICIOUS
berry_wendel is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite_aim View Post
god damnit I know. It makes me angry to see all of his ****ty posts that just make us New England fans look bad.
I like you, but I can only like you so much because you are from SC. Nothing personal against you or the state. Are you a gamecocks fan???
berry_wendel is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:55 PM #41
Fat Joe
 
 
Fat Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MASSachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Believe me, his posts dont reflect anyone elses on these boards, Patriot fan, Brady fan, etc.


Quote:
I'm not talking about that, he doesn't need to skip the probowl because he doesn't like someone.


Great, but I can understand why he wouldnt want to participate in the probowl under a classless coach.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain

Last edited by Fat Joe : 01-22-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Fat Joe is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:57 PM #42
elite_aim
 
 
elite_aim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Bend, IN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
Right, but like a brat kid most likely reflects its parents ability in bringing them up right or wrong, players actions are mostly reflected on the coachs ability to maintain discipline over his team and make sure they understand what to do in every situation, before, after, during a game, it doesnt matter. You coach your team to have respect for you and the other players, and mainly the game. It reflects on Bill as much as it does the players. If you coach your team to have class, you wont have to baby sit them.
Oh come on, every damn person who knows the NFL, knows that Belichick is one of the most disciplined coaches in the NFL. Guess what, the players let the emotions get the better of them ONCE. Everyone makes a big ****ing deal about it. How about the Chargers shut the hell up, and go on to next season, just like every other team in the NFL besides the Colts and the Bears. LT still has my utmost respect, but that respect is only going to decline if he rags on one of the most respected coaches in football for not having his team disciplined enough.
__________________
| University of Notre Dame Fighting Irish
| New England Patriots
| Boston Red Sox
| Boston Celtics
| Boston Bruins
elite_aim is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump