PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-17-2007, 11:53 PM #1
James_Haun (Banned)
Boom Headshot

Help Upgrading

Hello everyone, I am coming into the ownership of two Dragonfly's and I would like to know what upgrades are available for it. I am looking to get a better bored preferably one with ramping modes on it, a 15 degree inward regulator mount, and maybe whatever other upgrades are available or easily modified to fit it. The mod I would like to know most about is if there are materials available to half block a fly, I know that there are for the other cockers but... I am not sure if they will fit on the fly... thanks guys.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2007, 03:25 AM #2
DarkeWolf

Ok, first, I am taking it that they are both electronics?
about the only aftermarket boards available for them are the t-boards from scenariodreams. they use the TES t-board, but you'd want to order it with the Drallionultrachip for the ramping modes you're looking for.
http://www.scenariodreams.com/oscomm...roducts_id=103
http://www.scenariodreams.com/oscomm...roducts_id=108
http://www.scenariodreams.com/produc...lion_ultra.htm

I dont know of an INWARD vertical adapter for them, I do however have an OUTWARD 15* (chrome) from KAPP that will fit them. Basically, they use the same V/A asa as a cocker.
halfblocking it would be the same as any other cocker. you'd need a shortened bolt, pump arm, and a sled. along with the milling to the body, of course.
other ups are pretty much the same as a cocker, such as rams, tho you might have to get the pump arm threaded for a shorter length depending on if you've got a led or lcd body. Only other ups that arent cocker are the valve...spyder, and barrel, also spyder.

A paintball community PBO! SundragonPPS.com www.scenariodreams.com
---Dragun T-1 Black to Green--- evo2 w Zboard--CP Reg--RMR Killstick--68/4500 DXS--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue-- 68/3k crossfire -- evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--EVO 44mag+QEVs--SCM3--AKA SideWinder--SLIK kit---
---Dragun TES Blue/Black---
---Dragun T-1 Black--Parts---
Old 01-18-2007, 01:41 PM #3
James_Haun (Banned)
Boom Headshot

More help

Thankyou very much man um I still have some questions though.

Okay I do not have faith enough in my skills to work on turtling my marker by myself nor do I have the tools. So, I was wondering if you know anywhere anyone I could send it to to have it turtled and the parts installed profetionaly, or at least well. Also where can I find turtle cocker parts.

My second question is about the board, and its vision. I saw that it has one infered beam eye. I am not a fan of these eyes and is there a way for me to use break beam with this board. I ask because I still have an old fly body laying around somewhere and I was thinking about tinkering with an internal eye design.

Also you are telling my that other than otherwise mentioned all the parts are cocker as well, what about the pump arm and will that matter if I were to get it turtled anyway. What about the feedneck which one will fit on the Fly.

Thanks for your time man I appretiate it.

Last edited by James_Haun : 01-18-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:43 PM #4
James_Haun (Banned)
Boom Headshot

Come one someone help me.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:20 PM #5
kingsmurf
Whycocomagh ,Canada

http://cgi.ebay.com/autococker-half-block-turtle-halfblock-cocker-milling_W0QQitemZ200067632242QQihZ010QQcategoryZ36 285QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-18-2007, 07:21 PM #6
kingsmurf
Whycocomagh ,Canada

buy the way if your gonig to get it milled for half block get it milled for an eye also if you plan on getting a t-board .
Old 01-18-2007, 07:22 PM #7
DarkeWolf

Ok the t-board will run either breakbeam, or bouncebeam eyes. bouncebeam being the single unit, and breakbeam being the dual sided unit. the stock dragun boards will not run either on a dragunfly without the addition of a dragun eye board. But the eye logic SUCKS doing it that way. MUCH better to get the t-board. Plus you are wanting the extra firing modes, which the stock boards wouldnt give you

UNFortunately, I'm not gonna be much help on being able to tell you about some places that would do the body milling for you, for the turtle-ing. If somebody around here cant give you some suggestions, you might try in the voided warranty section of the boards http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=231 or the autococker sections. Not sure which one I would recommend trying first. Probably autococker.

The threading for the pump arm will match up to any A/C parts, its just the length that is the factor. Its a bit shorter than a standard A/C arm. However, if you're getting it turtled, they will have to cut and rethread a part of the pump arm anyway.

Feednecks are kinda limited. You've got your choices of ones made either specifically for draguns http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Dragun-Gun...QQcmdZViewItem
or clampers made for the Odyssey Wrath. (couldnt find any of those). A spyder feedneck like this- http://cgi.ebay.com/Blue-Spyder-UFD-...QQcmdZViewItem could work, but you'd need to file down the tabs for the retaining screws a little bit, in order for them to fit into the body of the d-fly correctly. Which is basically those feet at the very bottom of the neck.

Hope this helps

---Dragun T-1 Black to Green--- evo2 w Zboard--CP Reg--RMR Killstick--68/4500 DXS--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue-- 68/3k crossfire -- evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--EVO 44mag+QEVs--SCM3--AKA SideWinder--SLIK kit---
Old 01-18-2007, 08:22 PM #8
XxAltecxX
BEO Mafia

Jesus, I'm in the wrong business! I could be making a killing right now with half-blocking, and brass hammers.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:45 PM #9
James_Haun (Banned)
Boom Headshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAltecxX View Post
Jesus, I'm in the wrong business! I could be making a killing right now with half-blocking, and brass hammers.
Well Thanks everyone fore the input, but I would like to know where I could get the part for it by themselves as well. THANKS ALL.

P.S. I KNOW.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:14 PM #10
DarkeWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Haun View Post
Well Thanks everyone fore the input, but I would like to know where I could get the part for it by themselves as well. THANKS ALL.

P.S. I KNOW.
NP James
Not understanding the part that I put in Bold tho

Old 01-20-2007, 12:03 PM #11
James_Haun (Banned)
Boom Headshot

Oh my bad, I meant were can I get the turtling part, but it is not big deal I found the turtleinnovations website and have emailed them.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:00 PM #12
XxAltecxX
BEO Mafia

Turtle innovations should only be used if you don't mind not getting your stuff back!

Contact this guy for half-blocking. Hes the best you'll find, and hes a really cool guy. Also, he makes the half-blocking parts for Whitewolf Airmithing!

http://www.pbnation.com/member.php?u=34891
Old 01-20-2007, 10:09 PM #13
motoman13

i will half block it and do all the work for u, if u want u could by the bolt and sled, it would make things alot easier, then i would just have to mill the body, the hammer and shorten the cockin rod. i could also mid block it for u too.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:18 PM #14
MecTurtleCocker
GIMME JOE PRE2k COCKER

Hey people. Darke PM'd me on PBR. The only person who would likely be able to do it on such and obscure cocker is Mr. Blackbean. His site is Cocknpull.com
Old 01-21-2007, 09:56 PM #15
DarkeWolf

Thanks very much for coming over to help out mec
I knew that if anybody would know, you'd be one of them that would