Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-17-2007, 06:01 PM #1
boomslang
lo-fi

boomslang is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Vouching for AM-Steve and a petition for leniency

Hello,

I've been a long time Action Markers customer and supporter. While by no means do I have any relation to the company, I assisted AM by administrating the web forum that used to be hosted on their webspace. I've spent a good amount of time communicating with both Steve and Lynelle. I understand that Steve has been flagged for corporate spam:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post30147789

However, there are a number of reasons why I believe a three week ban is unnecessary and unwarranted.

-Action Markers, as a company, is no longer. They stopped producing parts and markers a long time ago. Corporate spam is, in my understanding, generally defined as a shameless promotion of one's own company to sell more products... Essentially advertising. AM-Steve was not advertizing because he has no company to advertize for. He is merely trying to get rid of the last bits of stock left over from the days when Action Markers was still in production. As of now, he is just a guy with an accumulation of parts that he doesn't have a use for, which brings me to the next reason...

-The Action Markers community DOES have a use for these parts. After AM went belly up, there was no longer a reliable source for support and replacement parts. With this sale of AM leftovers, Steve is providing the means for someone else to act as support for our relatively tightly knit community. Action Markers doesn't benefit from this sale because they don't exist any more. Those of us who still swear by our AM products need support and replacement parts from somewhere, and whoever purchases these lots from Steve will be able to help out.

-When AM-Steve ran Action Markers, he would regularly make an appearance in the AM subforum in order to find out what he could do to help AM customers. This, in my opinion, is no different, except he is no longer operating in the name of a company he runs. It is simply a way for him to help.

-By posting only in the AM subforum, he is not trying to win "new customers..." (In quotes because a company that doesn't exist can't actually have customers.) We already own AM products. If he had posted in some other subforum, it might be different, but he hasn't and has clearly stated that he won't. Because he has only posted in the AM subforum, Steve is trying to do AM customers (and AM customers alone) a favor.

If someone would be kind enough to lift the ban on AM-Steve, the entire Action Markers userbase could benefit. Please, remove the ban and let the sale of AM leftovers continue.

**Everything stated is my own opinion.
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2007, 06:07 PM #2
Prairie
DRINK CHEERWINE

Prairie is a Supporting Member
Prairie is a Paintball photographer
No doubt AM-Steve is a good guy, met him at a few events back in the day.

Unfortunately, it was 'corporate spam'. To make an exception just because he is a good guy would be pretty lax on our part.

I wish him the best, truly, and I hope someone buys the lots so I can pick up an Illusion.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:09 PM #3
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
Unfortunately, Steve went about the situation all wrong assuming his situation was unique, rather than asking us first.

In the past, we have not permitted "going out of business" sales or auctions. Such posts can prove troublesome to our staff.

Understand that we have already been lenient. Such actions typically warrant a permanent ban. I believe the staff took the situation you've outlined into consideration when a 3-week ban was called for instead.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
Old 01-17-2007, 06:17 PM #4
boomslang
lo-fi

boomslang is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Understand that we have already been lenient. Such actions typically warrant a permanent ban. I believe the staff took the situation you've outlined into consideration when a 3-week ban was called for instead.
Ah, okay. My fault. I hadn't realized this was any different from the normal corporate spam ban routine.

I won't pursue the matter further. Thanks for your time.