PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-03-2001, 01:17 PM #1
UnDizClozed

has been a member for 10 years
worst tourney ever (mountain park paintball)

man i just played in a tourney yesterday that was the worst ever run tourney i have ever seen in my life. the reffing staff woulda been ok but the head guy was running around screaming at the other refs and they couldn't concentrate on the game and it screwed us in the the finals. then in the very last game the head ref makes this horrible call and totally screws 1 team out of the win. the guy is a real jerk as well you would ask him a question and if he answered it it would either be wrong or smart @zzd. some of the other players there said that this was the norm for this place and that they weren't ever coming back. i don't blame them and i as well will never go back. after a 3 and 1/2 hour drive i was rather displeased. we finished 3rd all in all it wasn't bad but we coulda done better if the WPF refs would have stayed out of the mix. the name of this place is Mountain Park Paintball in sevierville Tn. so if you ever see a tourney there be very careful and steer clear. also they (and this is the best) fill co2 bottles without a scale. they hold it in their hand untill it "feels right" which is never more than about 5 ounces. so i kept running out of co2 in every game.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2001, 06:27 PM #2
acid blue

get over it

i have now read on many different sites now that you had a bad expierence... i think it is time that you moved on.... you were not even in the final game so why does the last call bother you so bad??? they did a great job at Mountain Park but it didnt lived up to your standards... get over it...95% of the people there had a great time ,teams came from all over to play the tourny and left that nite knowing that they had a great day of paintball!!! it is a shame that a few will try to spole it for the rest.. i will not let that happen
Green"Bad to the Bone" Dark Angel
Blue Faded "Black Magic" Cocker
Old 12-07-2001, 12:40 AM #3
high country
AKA BIG MIKE

mountain park paintball

LISTEN I WAS A REF ON FIELD 2 AND 3. (THE ONE WITH THE SHIELD) MY TEAM CAME DOWN TO REF THIS TOURNEY TO SHOW SUPPORT TO MOUNTAIN PARK PAINTBALL. WE WERE THANKED BY MEMBERS OF THE SAINTS AND BRASS EAGLE ALLSTARS. AS FOR ANYBODY ELSE. NOPE NOBODY ELSE. ANYWAY, WE HAVE PLAYED TOURNEYS THERE BEFORE AND WE HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH REFS AT THIS FACILITY BEFORE AS WELL BUT (AND I SAY BUT)WHEN WE HAD A PROBLEM SUCH AS BIRD DOGGIN, WE WENT TO TRIPP AND HE FIXED THE PROBLEM. NOW YOU TELL ME WHERE YOU PLAYED A TOURNEY AND COMPLAINED ABOUT THE REFS AND THE REFFIN PROBLEM GOT FIXED? NOT TOO MANY PLACES HUH? THE BIGGEST LET DOWN I HAD AT THIS TOURNEY IS WHERE 3 YOUNGS KIDS STUCK AROUND AND WATCHED THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, AFTER NOT WINNING A GAME ALL DAY, AND HAD TO SIT AND WATCH A TEAM MAKE OUR SPORT LOOK SO TERRIBLE WITH ALL THE CURSING AND CRYING AND WHINING. GOOD GRIEF YOU LOST GET OVER IT AND REMEMBER HOW YOU LOST THE NEXT TIME YOU FACE THAT TEAM.AS FOR MPP KEEP HAVING YOUR TOURNEYS-KEEP PATCHING THE HOLES- KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING. MIKE DAVIS- TEAM VENOM
TEAM VENOM- 2000 DARK ANGEL LCD- 4500 MAX FLOW- PRO TEAM WARP FEED- CUSTOM PRODUCTS PRO BARRELL KIT- CHAIN TRIGGER- DYE STICKY GRIPS!!!!!!!SWEEEEEEET! MIKE TRIPP- PRESIDENT OF "BIG" MIKE FAN CLUB www.tnvenom.com--- WOLFHILL PAINTBALL/////PAINTBALLCYBERSTORE.COM///MOUNTAIN PARK PAINTBALL.COM///// SMOKEY MOUNTAIN DIVERS.
Old 12-07-2001, 06:34 AM #4
Splatmaster15
Dustin Wampler

whistle whistle

nicely put mike ;-)

I r Aka PUBE

THRASH

2000-2003 Team Thrash
2003 CFOA Novice Champion... LoL! I'm getting old.
Old 12-08-2001, 02:31 PM #5
Tripp

its kinda funny now that i think about it

you and your teem has blown it bigtime and you dont even relize it. this park is brand new you retard sure some things need worked out but then again where you come from you know the land of million dollar paintball parks where the refs get paid a thousand dollars a game. then yes we are lacking but you failed to relize that this park has already booked two W.P.F. events for next year that you will not be welcome at.... oops ..so with that said i hope you boys like playing ball in the woods cause thats the only game your going to be able to play in this leage. so sorry for the guys that you call team mates hope they still have some camo left...see you somewhere sometime REAL SOON
Old 12-08-2001, 02:49 PM #6
mountainangel2

I would like to say to the person who keeps
complaining about the tourney last weekend
at Mountain Park: GROW UP AND MOVE ON...
In any sport that is played today, there are
going to be bad calls made, it does not matter
if it is paintball, football, baseball, whatever. And
when there are players who can't get over that
fact, all it does is give that particular sport a bad
name. I may be new to this sport, but already it
has grown on me and I would hate to see it get
a bad rap because of those few who can not get
past the bad calls and just enjoy the fact that they
are playing a sport that they love. And to all who did
have a great day at MP....my hat's off to you...for you
show the true meaning of sportsmanship.
Mountainangel2
Old 12-11-2001, 01:01 AM #7
blackout654

Smile

First off, you really shouldn't blame mountain park for your lack of equipment. It is my understanding that you chose to play in that tournament. You drove 3 1/2 hours to get there and you still failed to bring a tank that worked. It is really sad to see someone complain about that. Also I completely understand why you would complain about the refs, especially the head ref. After all no one of your caliber likes fair games and good reffing. So why not go after the head ref, he is the one that kept everything inline and organized. He also is the one who got more compliments than any of the staff. But unfortunately for you he discourages cheating and encourages fair play. The absolute best thing for you to do is put all of your paintball gear on ebay ( www.ebay.com ) and take up rock climbing, hiking, fishing ect... Any type of solo sport where you will have no excuses for failure.
Old 12-11-2001, 04:58 PM #8
CoroneR

I played this tourny

I played this tourny and thought everything went smooth. The refs did a hella good job IMO, they were fair,watched close, didn't bird dog till someone was fired upon, and kept the games moving. I picked up with a team (Mystique) and we had a blast. My regular team plans on making it to alot of tounys there next year.

Adam Smith
Team Radium cleaveland Tn
Old 12-12-2001, 08:45 PM #9
precision

Wink Sorry about your bad experience...

This is Kevin from Precision Paintball in Cleveland Tn. I know
of 2 teams that came from Cleveland that played and they
did Ok , but they only had good things to say about those guys.
I think that you should be grateful that they even hold tourneys
there. It is a huge tourist attraction and they could just do
newbies all the time like Atlanta Paintball, but they choose to
open their business to everyone. I know how difficult it is to
run a big tourney and with them being new I am impressed from
what I heard. Adam Smith that had just got done playing World
Cup with me went down there and he said they where nice
people down there and the comp. was good. So don't try to
down their business because of one bad outing.
Old 01-06-2002, 11:00 PM #10
Aaron-Legion-5

This is Aaron of Team LEGION for that tourney and we came in 4TH that day and we had a great time up there I thought the event was run just as good as many other tourneys we goto. We had no problems with the refs all day.
We will definetly be going back to Mountain Park to play more!!!
CYA
Aaron
Capt. Team Legion
10" Boomstick
11" TI Boomstick

Last edited by Aaron-Legion-5 : 01-20-2002 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:07 PM #11
streetdoc77

GOOD TOURNY

Okay well i played at the tourny at MT. Park the team i played for did not win anything but we had one of the best times we have had in paintball there. The Refs were very friendly and helpfull, the girls that ran the CHrono WERE GREATTTTTTT!!!! and the guys filling up tanks were fun to chat with since my air system took 15 minutes to fill. I also did not mind the double elimination format for the finals it put a different take on the tourny.

SO Mike keep up the good work, i think you will are progressing well and i will see you at any other tourny you have. Talk to you later dude.

Lance
Streetdoc77
Legion Green,(MYSTIQUE for that tourney)