PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-24-2006, 03:45 PM #1
wompkiller
im better than you

pulse harness

do the dm destructive customs pulse harness work for the quest?? also ive been hearing about problems with the rf transmitter and WAS boards...has any1 experienced this with their quest??
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2006, 11:38 PM #2
Sagg
FEP FTW!!!

Sagg is a Supporting Member
did DC come out with one for the Quest?
Old 12-24-2006, 11:56 PM #3
Chicago Quest
Hmm...

i thouht the rf chip is universal
it should work w/ w.a.s
im putn on on my pm7 bicthes

you best not be come round here
unless you've got me sensi herb
Old 12-25-2006, 12:05 AM #4
gremlin75
.....I got nothing!

gremlin75 is a Moderator
gremlin75 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
gremlin75 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gremlin75 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
gremlin75 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by wompkiller View Post
do the dm destructive customs pulse harness work for the quest??
No the Quest uses a different harness then the DM series.

later
gremlin
Old 12-25-2006, 01:45 AM #5
The EastCoast Kid
chicka chicka yeahh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Quest View Post
i thouht the rf chip is universal
it should work w/ w.a.s
im putn on on my pm7 bicthes
it works on most guns, except angels

i am mclovinnnn
Old 12-27-2006, 11:37 PM #6
.:{}:.
I eat so mucking Fuch

.:{}:. is a Supporting Member
.:{}:. owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
so the only way to get the rf chip to work with a quest is to solder it on the board? or is there a hidden harness out there somewhere.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:53 PM #7
gremlin75
.....I got nothing!

gremlin75 is a Moderator
gremlin75 is a Supporting Member
gremlin75 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gremlin75 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
gremlin75 is Legendary
For right now you would have to solder the rf chip to the board. Im sure someone will eventualy come out with a quest/pulse harness.

later
gremlin
Old 12-27-2006, 11:55 PM #8
I eat so mucking Fuch

boo. i cant use my christmas gift to its full advantage. maybe i will just have to get creative and make one myself.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:37 AM #9
jeffreyjames

your gift was the harness? otherwise you could just solder the rf doohicky to your board. if your actually interested in getting creative you could probably make the harness work or just cut it off and solder it to your board(or appropriate wires).

personal prejudice.... i think the pulse is a whole lot more hype than happenin. the tray idea to take out the guts is really the only thing it has that i like(and apparently has its occasional problems). the feednecks are also proving questionable on the pulse. im still going to run my empire b. it works and i dont see a need to replace it until it dies a horrible death(in which case i can get a fairly cheap shell if thats all it is). cost vs. gains just arent enough for my likes. newer is NOT always better. but ive been playing for 15yrs so thats something most of you kids wouldnt really understand. your just worried about fashion and having the newest and latest.

"Originally posted by QuencyJones16: It is not the making of a resume' that is hard, it is actually getting those achievements to actually put on it that take time."

snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!!!
Old 12-28-2006, 09:53 AM #10
KMA

KMA is a founding member
KMA supports DLX Technology
I soldered mine. The quest shoots great with the pulse. The PSP mode streams are perfect. I didn't realize my reloader B was feeding any differently until I tried the pulse. It's definitely not a "night and day" difference, but the pulse seems a bit better. The rf chip didn't make it shoot any better, but I think it will be better on battery life. I guess it could also be more gentle on fragile paint with the chip since it is not constantly pulsing on the ball stack. (?)

If you don't have the extra cash or need, I wouldn't suggest running out and buying a pulse to replace your halo/reloader b. But it does seem to work pretty well so far.
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback
Old 12-28-2006, 11:32 AM #11
haser
FEP Production Monkey

Ok here is the scoop. When I tested the pulse on our gun this is what I found. The Quest with no RF chip outshot the dm and shocker that were chiped. The chip interupts the solenoid wire. We do not currently make a harnes for plug and play compatability. There are some issues with using the RF chip on Quests with new grips. The metal plate blocks most of the signal so if you just have to have the extra bells and whistles you'll need to use OG grips. But like I said the gun absolutely ripps with the Pulse. I noticed that I got to my ramp threshold much faster. These are personal observations. We have not done any extensive testing as of yet.

I hope this helps.

Rich
FEP Sales Monkey

(805)487-5297
Old 12-28-2006, 02:03 PM #12
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
If someone can get me a Quest board with connectors (or better yet, a Quest marker ) I should be able to put together a drop in adapter.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack
Old 12-28-2006, 02:34 PM #13
The EastCoast Kid
chicka chicka yeahh

i dont like my pulse at all, it feeds fast but its ugly big and heavy compared to my vlocty.

i am mclovinnnn
Old 12-29-2006, 01:28 PM #14
Physcojosh
FEP Hawaii TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by haser View Post
Ok here is the scoop. When I tested the pulse on our gun this is what I found. The Quest with no RF chip outshot the dm and shocker that were chiped. The chip interupts the solenoid wire. We do not currently make a harnes for plug and play compatability. There are some issues with using the RF chip on Quests with new grips. The metal plate blocks most of the signal so if you just have to have the extra bells and whistles you'll need to use OG grips. But like I said the gun absolutely ripps with the Pulse. I noticed that I got to my ramp threshold much faster. These are personal observations. We have not done any extensive testing as of yet.

I hope this helps.

Rich
FEP Sales Monkey
I wanna TesT this out today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallNAngel View Post
If someone can get me a Quest board with connectors (or better yet, a Quest marker ) I should be able to put together a drop in adapter.
If you would have Said that earlier, you could of had mine.. ive been over here on Vacation for like a month...<mainland>
Zr1 Renegade OLED boards
Gear Sale and Pressure Testers
Old 12-29-2006, 02:03 PM #15
KMA

KMA is a founding member
KMA supports DLX Technology
Quote:

I hope this helps.

Rich
FEP Sales Monkey
I haven't had an issue yet with the newer grips interfering with the RF signal. I'll post up if I eventually do. I don't see any difference in speed (PSP mode) whether in pulse/chip mode. I think the only advantage is battery life. I agree that this hopper seems to ramp up a bit faster, and the stream is ball-on-ball like a frikin laser beam.
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback
Old 12-30-2006, 04:13 PM #16
I eat so mucking Fuch

Quote:

I hope this helps.

Rich
FEP Sales Monkey
any plans in the future for an adapter/harness?
Old 01-01-2007, 08:31 PM #17
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
Hell... someone just PM me some good *PICS* of the harness and I'll see about making one up.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack
Old 01-07-2007, 04:13 PM #18
I eat so mucking Fuch

just a little fyi, DC now makes an adapter for the quest.