Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-19-2006, 08:11 PM #64
graysonp
Me = Awesome

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Christians in this country try to force their beliefs by swaying politicians to their side. By pushing their religious icons in public places. Keep your religion to yourself and us oppressors will not point out the fallioucius nature of your religion.
Oh please. That's what politics is. Replace the word "Christians" with any other demographic. Blacks, whites, hispanics, liberals, conservatives, etc. EVERYONE is trying to push their beliefs, morals and opinions into being represented in politics. It's not forcing beliefs on anyone. It's being represented. But for some reason everyone wants to oppress the representation of religious people in politics. They seem to think that "separation of church and state" means that religious people can't have an opinion.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2006, 08:12 PM #65
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious_J View Post
I only KNOW what I hold true in my heart I can not speak for you or anyone else here, but I do have "it" figured out and by "it" I mean the direction that God wants my life to take ,it's simple he wants me to be more like his son Jesus Christ and live my life to praise and glorify his name. I don't have enough faith to be an atheist.
As for Rambo being outnumbered... he has more people standing with him than you think it really wouldn't matter if it were 1 vs 100 my faith and trust in God would remain unshakable.
So you are going to be impoverished and walk the countryside spreading the word of the lord?
Old 12-19-2006, 08:13 PM #66
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper

Quote:
The country was NOT found on christian principles. I wish you guys had some type of clue as to the origin of your own country.
That's right our founding fathers were all deist or freemasons Religious freedom was what our great nation was founded on though no matter what that religion may be.
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Please support the March of Dimes!
http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=620728
Old 12-19-2006, 08:13 PM #67
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonp View Post
Oh please. That's what politics is. Replace the word "Christians" with any other demographic. Blacks, whites, hispanics, liberals, conservatives, etc. EVERYONE is trying to push their beliefs, morals and opinions into being represented in politics. It's not forcing beliefs on anyone. It's being represented. But for some reason everyone wants to oppress the representation of religious people in politics. They seem to think that "separation of church and state" means that religious people can't have an opinion.
Oh, you can have an opinion. But when that opinion wants to spread your religion(see the Dover Pa creationism case)in public schools, post your ten commandments in general public areas, etc then it infringes on the rights of others to not be subjected to your beliefs.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:17 PM #68
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper

Quote:
So you are going to be impoverished and walk the countryside spreading the word of the lord?
What if I said yes, would you call me a liar?
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Old 12-19-2006, 08:17 PM #69
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
Please state the basis for your opinions on the birth of The United States of America.

Where and when I share my faith is my choice. You may not like it, but spending an eternity in Hell is a infinitely worse option. I've got friends that were given glimpses of it by God in their dreams. If you had seen the absolute terror in their eyes when they talked about it, you would NEVER want to even think about going there. To take it one step further, I don't want my fellow man to have to go there and experience pain and agony beyond anything you could ever imagine for the rest of time. If I can share my faith, and bring just one person to Christ, then I'm ecstatic.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:20 PM #70
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladd_17 View Post
Please state the basis for your opinions on the birth of The United States of America.

Where and when I share my faith is my choice. You may not like it, but spending an eternity in Hell is a infinitely worse option. I've got friends that were given glimpses of it by God in their dreams. If you had seen the absolute terror in their eyes when they talked about it, you would NEVER want to even think about going there. To take it one step further, I don't want my fellow man to have to go there and experience pain and agony beyond anything you could ever imagine for the rest of time. If I can share my faith, and bring just one person to Christ, then I'm ecstatic.
I don't think a dream qualifies as reality. I have dreamed about dinosaurs eating me as a kid. Guess what? It is never going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furious_j
What if I said yes, would you call me a liar?
Until I see it yes. You play paintball, or at least I would think you do being on this site, so I already know you have a taste for expensive things.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:21 PM #71
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious_J View Post
I only KNOW what I hold true in my heart I can not speak for you or anyone else here, but I do have "it" figured out and by "it" I mean the direction that God wants my life to take ,it's simple he wants me to be more like his son Jesus Christ and live my life to praise and glorify his name. I don't have enough faith to be an atheist.
As for Rambo being outnumbered... he has more people standing with him than you think it really wouldn't matter if it were 1 vs 100 my faith and trust in God would remain unshakable.
Okay? Are you that thick that you can't realize I feel just as strongly? Maybe you have something in your head that is telling you, "No, I have God on my side, I must feel stronger", but I KNOW that there can not be a god of any sort. If you follow how religions have evolve, Christianity is nothing new, and niether are the feelings you have. So drop it, and stop thinking you are so god damned right.

Quote:

Okay? Last time I got high, I had extremely strong feelings and visions from "The weed God". If you think I'm kidding, I'm not. Do you see me coming in here and preaching about it? No. I'm mature enough to realize that visions and hunches can come from anywhere, and there is no need to interpret them as from a god.

If I can take one person away from their religious beliefs in my entire life, I will be pleased.

Last edited by chodeyg : 12-19-2006 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:25 PM #72
graysonp
Me = Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
Okay? Are you that thick that you can't realize I feel just as strongly? Maybe you have something in your head that is telling you, "No, I have God on my side, I must feel stronger", but I KNOW that there can not be a god of any sort. If you follow how religions have evolve, Christianity is nothing new, and niether are the feelings you have. So drop it, and stop thinking you are so god damned right.
I don't see where he said that you didn't feel strongly about your beliefs. You know just as much as anyone that any religion, even athiesm, is 100% faith-based. I don't see any implication of intolerance towards athiesm, so why are you projecting it onto him?
Old 12-19-2006, 08:33 PM #73
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 is Boss
Alright, suppose there is no God, then nothing matters. There is no purpose in life, and humans are simply tiny insignificant specs in the cosmos. But, if there is a God and you refuse him, you will go to Hell. A simple prayer asking for salvation will prevent spending eternity in a place so horrible that the human mind cannot even comprehend it. Isn't taking the chance and living for God and going to Heaven when you die a better option than living god-less and going to Hell? I know I don't want to risk it. How about you?
Old 12-19-2006, 08:37 PM #74
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Alright, suppose there is no God, then nothing matters. There is no purpose in life, and humans are simply tiny insignificant specs in the cosmos. But, if there is a God and you refuse him, you will go to Hell. A simple prayer asking for salvation will prevent spending eternity in a place so horrible that the human mind cannot even comprehend it. Isn't taking the chance and living for God and going to Heaven when you die a better option than living god-less and going to Hell? I know I don't want to risk it. How about you?
Fine, I just made a religion. If you dont believe in it you are pounded with a meat tenderizer for all eternity. Do you want to give it a shot?

I already tried God. I realized I was wrong, and I saw the Truth.

Gray, atheism is less faith based than any religion. Don't try to argue it. We see God has no effect on our lives, we look to secular proof instead of spiritual proof. We use actual evidence, not lack thereof.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:52 PM #75
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
OT...
Quote:
...(see the Dover Pa creationism case)...
which is about not allowing REQUIRED ID teaching - not making ID teaching illegal; which I also happen to agree with, BTW. It shouldn't be required.
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:57 PM #76
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 is Boss
Quote:
Fine, I just made a religion. If you dont believe in it you are pounded with a meat tenderizer for all eternity. Do you want to give it a shot?

I already tried God. I realized I was wrong, and I saw the Truth.

Gray, atheism is less faith based than any religion. Don't try to argue it. We see God has no effect on our lives, we look to secular proof instead of spiritual proof. We use actual evidence, not lack thereof.
What your missing is that Christianity isn't a religion, it's a relationship with God. We don't solid evidence, our faith gives us all the evidence we need. Like I said before, I can't explain it, and you don't have to agree with me, but you're not going to convince me that you're right, thus, we're back to agreeing to disagree.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:01 PM #77
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
What your missing is that Christianity isn't a religion, it's a relationship with God. We don't solid evidence, our faith gives us all the evidence we need. Like I said before, I can't explain it, and you don't have to agree with me, but you're not going to convince me that you're right, thus, we're back to agreeing to disagree.
Your bias, as well as other Christians', becomes ever clearer the more you post. You are failing to realize people have the same EXACT feelings as you do with other religions. How do you explain them?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:03 PM #78
Diomedes
Nerd

Diomedes is playing at Living Legends III
Guys, tone it down a bit, we don't need a good discussion getting shut down.

. . . I think that's all. I don't really have anything to contribute beyond the science and law aspects of the discussion. I'm an atheist because it makes sense. <shrugs>. But Rambo, seriously, see the last thing I said about the constitutionality of teaching or requiring the teaching of ID. Long story short, it's not allowed.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
Zombie Defense Dispatches <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My PBN feedback
Old 12-19-2006, 09:12 PM #79
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper

Quote:
Until I see it yes. You play paintball, or at least I would think you do being on this site, so I already know you have a taste for expensive things.
Ok well how does this work out for you, My workplace and I have raised money to purchase a dairy goat for a family in an under developed country, I have participated in mission trips to help rebuild homes ,churches etc, I have witnessed to youth groups, and others to spread the word of Christ, The religion sub forum on small talk is a form of witnessing. I'm not bragging but you asked for proof, as for paintball I'm retired for two seasons to spend time living life and yes paintball is very expensive but I'm 30 years old and have a very good job and played on a sponsored team.
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Old 12-19-2006, 09:15 PM #80
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
G...But Rambo, seriously, see the last thing I said about the constitutionality of teaching or requiring the teaching of ID. Long story short, it's not allowed.
as I have said already, I disagree. there is a big difference between requiring the teaching of ID and whether or not it can be taught.

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:19 PM #81
LGB (Banned)
.animal.

Quote:
So are you simply believing in god out of fear? Out of the fear that if you anger him you will go to hell?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:19 PM #82
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper

Quote:
Your bias, as well as other Christians', becomes ever clearer the more you post. You are failing to realize people have the same EXACT feelings as you do with other religions. How do you explain them?
First off I think you need to work on your reading comp skill's Chodey, Nowhere in my previous post did I say that you didn't feel strongly about atheism, or any other religion, in fact I made it quit clear that I could only speak on my own behalf. I have respect for all religions I will never try and force my beliefs on anyone If they ask why i believe the way I do I will gladly tell them even then I can not force, or make them share in my beliefs that isn't my place.
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Old 12-19-2006, 09:20 PM #83
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 is Boss
Quote:
I can't. Of course I'm bias though, a Christian would tend to be bias in the favor of Christian priciples, as would an Atheist toward Atheist priciples. How can you use that as an argument? I can't explain it though, but I don't need to. I know what I believe, do I think you should believe the same way? Of course, but you've made up your mind already. Let's put it this way, I shoot an intimidator, let's say you shoot a matrix. I shoot a timmy because I think it is the best thing available, thus, I think everyone should shoot one. However, you think a matrix is the best, so you want everyone to shoot a matrix. Everyone has a different opinion, that's fine, you live your way, and I'll live mine.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:22 PM #84
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
...Let's put it this way, I shoot an intimidator, let's say you shoot a matrix. I shoot a timmy because I think it is the best thing available, thus, I think everyone should shoot one. However, you think a matrix is the best, so you want everyone to shoot a matrix. Everyone has a different opinion, that's fine, you live your way, and I'll live mine.
you both need to get a Blazer! heheheheee (sorry, but just wanted to interject a bit of brevity)