PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-14-2006, 06:45 PM #85
general rob
Hell Katz

Annual Supporting Member
I was about 19 or 20 when i first played, used rental pistols.
I feel so uneducated, i did not go to collage, so i dont have any cool collage stories............oh well.....but i had PAINTBALL and thats all thats important...

Rob
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2006, 08:19 PM #86
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
professor totally didnt quote me
Old 12-15-2006, 09:49 AM #87
The Professor331
I just shoot people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
professor totally didnt quote me
That's because it's too hard to select only one quote from such a witty guy like you.

What was the name of the medic for Ares? Are you talking about the kid with the blue hair? If so, his name is Carlos. He was one of the best medics I've seen play. He was always where I needed him to be healing guys and keeping them in the game. Moreover I heard him say more than a few times that he 'was sorry that he couldn't heal a player since they had a head shot which nulified being healed. He also went through 3 pens writing down who he had healed. I remember this because I have this funny image of him knealing down in the MIDDLE of a firefight writing and writing and writing. Now THAT's a medic I'd want on my team!

General Rob: I may correct you sir, you are the Head Master of the School of Paintball. Jeez man, how many games have you generalled over the years? I'd imagine that you have a few stories from those games.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:16 PM #88
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

Annual Supporting Member
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
when i was medic i only had 3 people call for medic and imagine that they were all our teammates. haha, im running around with a piece of paper and pen in my pocket and nobodies callign for a medic. got 3 heals all day.. yay me!

atleast i didnt have to do to much work, i think i may need to get a vest and have pouch on the front so i can flip it out with like a little board in it to have paper on incase i get a role like that and have to write something down.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:05 PM #89
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Professor331 View Post
That's because it's too hard to select only one quote from such a witty guy like you.

What was the name of the medic for Ares? Are you talking about the kid with the blue hair? If so, his name is Carlos. He was one of the best medics I've seen play. He was always where I needed him to be healing guys and keeping them in the game. Moreover I heard him say more than a few times that he 'was sorry that he couldn't heal a player since they had a head shot which nulified being healed. He also went through 3 pens writing down who he had healed. I remember this because I have this funny image of him knealing down in the MIDDLE of a firefight writing and writing and writing. Now THAT's a medic I'd want on my team!

General Rob: I may correct you sir, you are the Head Master of the School of Paintball. Jeez man, how many games have you generalled over the years? I'd imagine that you have a few stories from those games.

I dont remember his name, he was there with his dad. I have a pic of him and Blue, but it didnt come out to good.

I won MVP as a medic a few years back, so I know how hard this kid worked.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:34 PM #90
PaintballSportsGirl

Eir_Ragnarok:
It's great to hear from another female's perspective, and I agree wholeheartedly! The guys who play paintball, for the most part, are very open to women playing, even though the percentage of men to women is something like 90 percent to 10 percent. Still, I've always felt welcome hanging out with the boys.

Also, paintball has definitely brought me and my husband closer to our three teenage nephews... it is the way we bond. At first, when we got together for games, we mostly just talked about paintball. After about one season of playing together, we all became closer friends. It's also awesome because I get to buy them paintball gear for Christmas!

I also love having a family-based team because we get to avoid a lot of team politics. I'm going to miss the boys when they go away to college and we can't take them to as many games.

Dawn
Old 12-16-2006, 10:59 PM #91
papaintballer15

Annual Supporting Member
then u can buy me christmas presents dawn! once they goto school i mean...
Old 12-17-2006, 02:17 PM #92
general rob
Hell Katz

Annual Supporting Member
Woman and girls of paint ball, great topic.
I have had my but handed to me in a fire fight with a kind woman player from blues crews at pyro. sorry i dont know what her name is , but man i gota tell you i cant remembe when i had a better fire fight.
The Ladies contrubute so much to this game , I only wish more played.
My oldest daughter Stephanie has played since she was 10, first game was a Castle Keep at Skirmish, she is now 15 and has recruited some of her ladie friends who will soon join Hellkatz. As far as role playing she is just awsome, her call sighn is Miss Information, and has turned many a male role player to mush.
Soon my youngest Amanda (phsyco frog) will join us for games, she is 12.
I enjoy the company from team Ragnarock, They also have some die hard ladies that play as well.
Rob
Old 12-17-2006, 02:20 PM #93
general rob
Hell Katz

Annual Supporting Member
professor,
I lost count about 10 years ago, i just know i always look foward to the next game!!!!!
Rob
Old 12-17-2006, 08:35 PM #94
PaintballSportsGirl

Rob,
That hadda be Pixie! tiny little redhead? Go Pixie. LOL
I don't think it's any secret that women can be every good as men at paintball...the question is: How do we get more women interested in playing?? Ideas anyone?
http://www.specialopspaintball.com/b..._banner_01.gif
Old 12-17-2006, 08:44 PM #95
papaintballer15

Annual Supporting Member
umm... im gonna go with the no comment on that one
Old 12-18-2006, 09:04 AM #96
The Professor331
I just shoot people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by general rob View Post
I have had my but handed to me in a fire fight with a kind woman player from blues crews at pyro. sorry i dont know what her name is , but man i gota tell you i cant remembe when i had a better fire fight.
Rob
Hehehe, I believe that was Pixie. 5 feet of pure redheaded paintball madness.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:08 AM #97
jrock0910
Old School Twists

jrock0910 is a Supporting Member
jrock0910 supports Bob Gurnsey
jrock0910 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i had the pleasure of meeting the Professor and Pixie at The Grand Finale they are Good People and Great Ballers i would be happy to share a table with them again any time

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members

:To Quote Former President Thomas Jefferson: "If any state in the Union will declare that it prefers separation...to a continuance in union... I have no hesitation in saying, 'let us separate
Old 12-18-2006, 09:19 AM #98
The Professor331
I just shoot people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballSportsGirl View Post
Rob,
That hadda be Pixie! tiny little redhead? Go Pixie. LOL
I don't think it's any secret that women can be every good as men at paintball...the question is: How do we get more women interested in playing?? Ideas anyone?
Dawn, I think this is a good topic for discussion. Over the years, I've introduced about 400 of my students to paintball (being that I made them go). By far the most interesting metamorphosis were among the female players, who at the beginning of the day were these prissy 'girlie girls'. At day's end however, covered with mud and paint, something had changed. They lost the what ever fear they had with maintaining this 'image' of what a girls is supposed to be like.

I think that the game will attract more female players if we slowly introduce it to our sisters, daughters and so on.

On the topic of playing with one's girlfriend, well, I'd say that it's a good measure of how compatible the relationship is. If a girl will play ball and enjoy it, then she's a keeper, if she complains about it, that may well be an indicaiton of what she'd be like in the future and how she will try to kill your game.

On the other hand, if she IS a paintballer, then she's just going to kick your butt all over the field which can be lots of fun! Just dont' EVER make her angry!

Hmm, here's an observation. out of the 10% of female players, how many are redheads?
Old 12-18-2006, 02:18 PM #99
8-Ball

How to get...or better yet, KEEP female players in the game.

By far the biggest complaint I hear from women who don't play anymore is lack of better "facilities".

Portapotties are the single biggest turnoff for a lot of the fairer sex, and truthfully, I think it is almost disrespectful to expect ladies to enter one of these considering the mess many guys leave them in.

Next, I think we just need more guys to consider bringing more women out to play. Too many guys only invite their buddies to join them, and then only ask the GF/wife almost as an afterthought.

Maybe if Producers/Field Owners offer some sort of 1/2 off discount to players bringing a woman/girl out might help encourage more guys to introduce women to the sport.

Like many have pointed out, once women see they can play with the guys most of them thoroughly enjoy it. the big turnoff ends up being inadequate facilities.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:38 PM #100
The Professor331
I just shoot people...

Hmm, I'm not sure about any kind of special treatment for female players. The great thing about the game is that it's fair for all players of all types. That kind of extends off the field as well. We all share the same brother and sisterhood sharing dirty toilets. Heck we are all pretty grimey by the end of the game anyhow.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:47 PM #101
jrock0910
Old School Twists

jrock0910 is a Supporting Member
jrock0910 supports Bob Gurnsey
jrock0910 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lol you know that aint so professor you know the women are gonna use a clean running water toilet if ones available to them and leave us to the stank johns

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members

:To Quote Former President Thomas Jefferson: "If any state in the Union will declare that it prefers separation...to a continuance in union... I have no hesitation in saying, 'let us separate
Old 12-18-2006, 05:04 PM #102
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Professor331 View Post
Hmm, I'm not sure about any kind of special treatment for female players. The great thing about the game is that it's fair for all players of all types. That kind of extends off the field as well. We all share the same brother and sisterhood sharing dirty toilets. Heck we are all pretty grimey by the end of the game anyhow.
Mud and paint is a lot different than what one can find lurking in a portajohn, grimey is one thing, stank is another...and to a lot of women that's a BIG thing. Just ask ANY women who says "she used to play", I'll wager that topic will come up somewhere in her reply.

Just my observation.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:08 PM #103
papaintballer15

Annual Supporting Member
im gonna try and get my girl to come and play atleast 1 event next year. Introduce her to it and see how she likes it. best part is, before we got together she asked if she could play bc she was up for the challenge i was like hells ya, your my kinda girl. haha

shes gonna cost me alot of money i know it
Old 12-18-2006, 06:28 PM #104
The Professor331
I just shoot people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Mud and paint is a lot different than what one can find lurking in a portajohn, grimey is one thing, stank is another...and to a lot of women that's a BIG thing. Just ask ANY women who says "she used to play", I'll wager that topic will come up somewhere in her reply.

Just my observation.
ugh, isnt that the truth. especially at big games.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:46 PM #105
general rob
Hell Katz

Annual Supporting Member
My wife and i Married 20 years, highschool sweet hearts. She has never nor will she ever play the sport with me or at all. Just not her thing. But , she is great with our kids, has no problems with them going out with me to play our sport.
The potty problem. I just went out and purchased a camper, mobile toilet, problem solved !!!!+
I know how we can atract more ladies to the sport , have the Professor set up a kissing both at the games!!!! what ladie can resist that???
rob