Why didnt God make us perfect? Why did God give us freewill? - Page 2 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-17-2006, 05:23 PM #22
XOne (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
yes you did...

you believe love is an idea and that it is ambiguous. I do not.
That is not my opinion, that is logic.

Here is proof: Me and you see love differently, based on our own personal expiriences, thus making love ambiguous.

Last edited by XOne : 12-17-2006 at 05:26 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2006, 06:02 PM #23
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by XOne View Post
That is not my opinion, that is logic.

Here is proof: Me and you see love differently, based on our own personal expiriences, thus making love ambiguous.
I agree that we disagree, but I further disagree that "is logic". if that is the case, then any word or etymological reference is ambiguous.

I would otherwise say, that it isn't ambiguous to me, and isn't to you, but we have differing opinions as to definition. But I can't say that because you already said that you believe the idea of love is ambiguous; unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying.
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:17 PM #24
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Supposedly he gave us free will so our characters would develop in a way unlike any other. I fail to see why god couldn't create us programmed with character, but, you know...we don't always have all of the answers.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:59 PM #25
TPB_Bubbles
Veritas Vos Liberabit

Your first pitfall is that you assume that we have "freewill." Says who? If God could create us, this world, and the universe, isn't it quite possible that he creates our lives, choices, and fate? Who says we choose anything...?

"Upstream, small redirectons of flow, downstream everything shifts."
Old 12-17-2006, 07:01 PM #26
907ak (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
we were created perfect. we chose not to be by disobedience and rebellion. As to the reason why he gave us that freewill, the answer goes back to my initial answer. He gave us a freewill. God created us, at least in art to have fellowship, and for His creation to have relationship with Him and to Love Him. It would not be love, if he created us as some of the angels that were created to love Him. we choose to love Him (or not).

per·fect
–adjective
1. conforming absolutely to the description or definition of an ideal type: a perfect sphere; a perfect gentleman.
2. excellent or complete beyond practical or theoretical improvement: There is no perfect legal code. The proportions of this temple are almost perfect.
3. exactly fitting the need in a certain situation or for a certain purpose: a perfect actor to play Mr. Micawber; a perfect saw for cutting out keyholes.
4. entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings: a perfect apple; the perfect crime.
5. accurate, exact, or correct in every detail: a perfect copy.
6. thorough; complete; utter: perfect strangers.
7. pure or unmixed: perfect yellow.
8. unqualified; absolute: He has perfect control over his followers.
9. expert; accomplished; proficient

if we were created perfect, then we wouldnt have disobeyed and been "rebelliuos"
Old 12-17-2006, 07:05 PM #27
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907ak View Post
per·fect
–adjective
1. conforming absolutely to the description or definition of an ideal type: a perfect sphere; a perfect gentleman.
2. excellent or complete beyond practical or theoretical improvement: There is no perfect legal code. The proportions of this temple are almost perfect.
3. exactly fitting the need in a certain situation or for a certain purpose: a perfect actor to play Mr. Micawber; a perfect saw for cutting out keyholes.
4. entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings: a perfect apple; the perfect crime.
5. accurate, exact, or correct in every detail: a perfect copy.
6. thorough; complete; utter: perfect strangers.
7. pure or unmixed: perfect yellow.
8. unqualified; absolute: He has perfect control over his followers.
9. expert; accomplished; proficient

if we were created perfect, then we wouldnt have disobeyed and been "rebelliuos"
Biblical definitions of "perfect" can mean sinless, or even of a pure genealogy. in any case, perfect does not mean contradictory to freewill to choose. so I agree to disagree with your conclusion.
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:12 PM #28
907ak (Banned)

the biblical definition is wrong.

if we were created PERFECT, then we would NOT sin.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:30 PM #29
SuperSupra619 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907ak View Post
the biblical definition is wrong.

if we were created PERFECT, then we would NOT sin.
shut up, you cant say that the biblical definition is wrong. In the bible, perfect means sinless, which we all were born.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:12 PM #30
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XOne View Post
According to Christianity, God created man in "his" image; Is God not perfect? Even more so, if God wanted to create a perfect race, then why did God give us freewill, knowing that we will abuse it, and become the sinners we all are today? Didn't God know that giving us freewill was a mistake? If God did, then why didn't "he" just create us perfect in the first place?

I know these questions have no answers, but lets see what is your logic.
Like, if you draw a picture of God in paint, then you save it in .gif, it's still a picture of God, but it's distorted and not as good. Saving it in .gif is like making a human.

I'm not a Christian, but I guess thats my logic. I'm on the computer too much during the winter.

Last edited by Jlausen : 12-17-2006 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:15 PM #31
MrTerddddd (Banned)

MrTerddddd is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPB_Bubbles View Post
Your first pitfall is that you assume that we have "freewill." Says who? If God could create us, this world, and the universe, isn't it quite possible that he creates our lives, choices, and fate? Who says we choose anything...?
So good CHOSE for me to kill my mom and go to hell?

Thanks jesus.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:38 PM #32
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlausen View Post
Like, if you draw a picture of God in paint, then you save it in .gif, it's still a picture of God, but it's distorted and not as good. Saving it in .gif is like making a human.

I'm not a Christian, but I guess thats my logic. I'm on the computer too much during the winter.
The question is, why didn't god save us in .jpeg, and why does he punish us for accidentally saving us in a .gif?
Old 12-17-2006, 08:49 PM #33
noob101

Annual Supporting Member
Im pretty sure the Bible says that God created humans in his own image, and since he has freewill, so do we.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:08 PM #34
TPB_Bubbles
Veritas Vos Liberabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerddddd View Post
So good CHOSE for me to kill my mom and go to hell?

Thanks jesus.

Sure, why not. Someone's gotta do it...

"Upstream, small redirectons of flow, downstream everything shifts."
Old 12-19-2006, 01:16 PM #35
Truthiness

Because God doesn't exist. That's my personal belief, anyway.