PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 03:41 PM #1
rjcpaintball

has been a member for 10 years
Need explination on Omen bottomline

I was looking at my new Omen and the On/Off Bottomline. I thought it was a valve you could turn on and off to stop gas flow but doesn't seem to be. I could unscrew the cap but not sure why. Is this an automatic feature that does some kind of auto on/off. I'm confused. Thanks for the help.

-Rob
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2003, 03:46 PM #2
Fusion213
PBN Noob

When you tighten the cap, it allows gas to flow through. When you loosen it, it stops the gas flow.
Old 09-28-2003, 03:56 PM #3
rjcpaintball

Ahaaa thank you. Got some other questions as well now that I'm really inspecting this:

1) Where exactly is the recock screw? Is it the big hex screw right below and to the right of the feed tube? (The diagram in the manual SUCKS for this!)

2) How do I make adjustments to the trigger? Really confused here?

3) Can I set this gun of for bursts of shots or is strictly on and off full auto?

Thanks,
Rob
Old 09-28-2003, 04:15 PM #4
Mcot2

recock screw is a tiny screw on the left side of the gun if the barrel is pointing away from you.

The trigger is adjusted with allen wrenchs on the tiny screws

The omen is strickly semi auto, no modes, turn the gun on and fire, turn it off and it is off.
Old 09-28-2003, 04:46 PM #5
beastly115
welcome to the pros *****

theres 2 screws in the trigger. the top one takes the smallest allen wrench, and adjusts where it actually fires in your pull. i.e. at the beginning of the pull, middle, or at end. the one in the middle of the trigger adjusts how much you pull and none of the wrenches that come with the Omen will fit it.

B2k3 w/ PDS (lots of upgrades)
Omen

"Originally posted by hexum
The only black people ive seen were part of a church group, they were talking about busting caps in peoples *****, they held the procarbines with one hand, sideways "
Old 09-28-2003, 05:12 PM #6
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Fusion213
When you tighten the cap, it allows gas to flow through. When you loosen it, it stops the gas flow.
Incorrect explaination.

Do you know how a pin valve works on a HPA or co2 tank? When he center pin on the tanks valve is depressed, it releases the gas. On the Omens on/off asa, as with all on/off asa(excluding smart parts) When you screw in the nob it will open the valve to the tank but pushing onto the pin on the tanks valve. When you unscrew the Omens nob, it will back out on the tanks valve and stop the air coming out of the tank.

When you have a normal asa, it just pushes in on the as you screw the tank in.

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:10 PM #7
rjcpaintball

OK now I see that little screw. I missed that. That's right above the trigger area kind of right? I'll have to play with the trigger a little. I would have thought the Omen was full auto but oh well. Just as well anyways. There are places around where I live that do not allow full auto markers anyways. So that kind works out.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:13 PM #8
rjcpaintball

Thanks for the clarification SpartanX. I think I get it now. Basically I want to have that nob backed off a bit when I screw in the tank. Then tighten the on/off. That is cool! I like that feature. No more gas blasts on my arm.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:56 PM #9
Fusion213
PBN Noob

Holy **** spartan, I could barely believe I had it so wrong. I simplified it for him. No reason to be a smartass.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:15 AM #10
rjcpaintball

Fusion,

I understood what you meant by your explination too. You simply explained it a different way. It made sense to me.

Let's keep it friendly guys. Thanks for the help.

-Rob
Old 09-29-2003, 09:38 AM #11
beastly115
welcome to the pros *****

Fusion pretty much paraphrased what Spartan said... It's not hard to figure out when you push the pin in air comes out.

B2k3 w/ PDS (lots of upgrades)
Omen

"Originally posted by hexum
The only black people ive seen were part of a church group, they were talking about busting caps in peoples *****, they held the procarbines with one hand, sideways "
Old 09-29-2003, 09:46 AM #12
rjcpaintball

I could tinker I suppose but I'd rather understand everything before I start using it so I am not inadvertantly doing damage.
Closed Thread