PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-08-2006, 07:13 AM #22
Hoytie
F=ma. Believe it.

has been a member for 10 years
I really wouldn't know how to defend Islam or Buddhism but the proof of Christianity is in the resurrection of Jesus.

Commence criticizing the NT and claiming that it was changed/interpreted/translated too much/etc.

joel.hoyt@gmail.com
Old 12-08-2006, 10:00 AM #23
Aggressive Bill

Its tough to prove anything on the net. Everyone has some sort of proof or argument. There are many things that I've experienced that I don't have proof of it happening.

My advice to you is to search it out. Don't let opinions be your guide, but really search it out. Many times people ask "God, if you are there, give me money" (or whatever you want) That's not searching. And you have to keep at it. Its not a one night deal. "He didn't answer so he must not be real or care." If I burried a million bucks out in a huge field, you would tear that thing apart trying to find it. You wouldn't stop because you didn't find it in the first place you dug. You wouldn't let rain or snow stop you. You would go after it.

Sometimes God will say hey early on. Sometimes not. Just don't give up.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:10 PM #24
GoldEagle (Banned)
Christianity = Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoytie View Post
I really wouldn't know how to defend Islam or Buddhism but the proof of Christianity is in the resurrection of Jesus.
Please show me any proof of this besides the Bible, which has too many errancies and contradictions to be true, and (the Gospels) were written more than 40, or even 50, years after Jesus' death.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:30 PM #25
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldEagle View Post
Please show me any proof of this besides the Bible, which has too many errancies and contradictions to be true, and (the Gospels) were written more than 40, or even 50, years after Jesus' death.
He didn't mean PROOF proof, he meant like justification of faith, ie. supposedly jesus did this, and he believes jesus did this, therefore he believes Christianity is correct.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:48 PM #26
NicoleW

You won't go to hell even if you are in the supposedly "wrong" religion if you honestly and in good conscience tried with all your heart, mind and soul to seek out God and his will for you. Catholics do not believe that only catholics go to heaven in the least. If through no fault of your own, you have never heard of Christ or his Church, you can still attain heaven if you live a good life, namely a life that is in accord with the natural law which is all written in our hearts and we all have the ability to know.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:50 PM #27
NicoleW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Bill View Post
Its tough to prove anything on the net. Everyone has some sort of proof or argument. There are many things that I've experienced that I don't have proof of it happening.

My advice to you is to search it out. Don't let opinions be your guide, but really search it out. Many times people ask "God, if you are there, give me money" (or whatever you want) That's not searching. And you have to keep at it. Its not a one night deal. "He didn't answer so he must not be real or care." If I burried a million bucks out in a huge field, you would tear that thing apart trying to find it. You wouldn't stop because you didn't find it in the first place you dug. You wouldn't let rain or snow stop you. You would go after it.

This was a very good post! Well said
Old 12-08-2006, 04:54 PM #28
Hoytie
F=ma. Believe it.

Quote:
Do you believe Julius Caesar ruled Rome? Looking at the reliability of ancient documents, there's WAY more evidence that Jesus did what the Bible says He did than Julius Caesar ever existed. The Bible just blows every other document out of the water.

joel.hoyt@gmail.com
Old 12-10-2006, 01:17 AM #29
LGB (Banned)
.animal.

How so? How does the bible directly prove that Jesus came back?
Old 12-10-2006, 01:36 AM #30
ak907 (Banned)

because it said he does, duh
Old 12-10-2006, 01:55 AM #31
JayAcob
zoh mah gawd its me

As to someone mentioning who goes to hell etc.
You can't go to hell without hearing what God is about, aka having a choice. You obviously don't have a choice if you don't know about it, thats where the concept of Christians "spreading the word of God" comes in - where christians tell other people about it, aka giving them a choice to beleive it or not.

Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2140085
Old 12-10-2006, 02:16 AM #32
LGB (Banned)
.animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAcob View Post
As to someone mentioning who goes to hell etc.
You can't go to hell without hearing what God is about, aka having a choice. You obviously don't have a choice if you don't know about it, thats where the concept of Christians "spreading the word of God" comes in - where christians tell other people about it, aka giving them a choice to beleive it or not.

That's the problem though, you have people telling you about it, random people that you can write off as weirdos, so it comes down to believe in what Joe Shmo is telling you or you end up going to hell.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:15 AM #33
44hondaeater
Common Sense > you

I never post in here but this thread really intrigued me. I think all religions, in one form another, got it wrong. That right, they got it wrong. That's why so many things are based on faith. Will anyone ever know for sure? Probably not. That's the one thing about reilgion.... it's man made. We will never know what Jesus, or Muahmmaed ever said. The only thing that we do know is that anything that happened was interprreted by man and therefore is fallible.
Enter "The Davinci Code" It may be blasohmeous BUT there is one fact that still remain IT IS POSSIBLE. but there again it depends on what you take on faith...

Personally, I think God and Satan are in it together.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:11 PM #34
turkeyes
BornTobeWild

I talked to my cousin and this is what he said

"this is what i believe..
I believe that all religion is right.
It is the people that is making it not right.
Religion always teach you how to be "good", to stay out of troubl.
I think God made a religion so we could hold on to something. "

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."

Last edited by turkeyes : 12-10-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:39 PM #35
christianballer4life

dude i believe in christianity. i believe this bc of the bible and it tells so much and gives so much proof of god. find a book as old as that with more proof of god and believe whatever u want. look for ur self study the religions and what u find happiness in, i find it in Christ
Old 12-11-2006, 08:40 PM #36
TheAdministrator (Banned)

what "proof of god" are you talking about?
Old 12-11-2006, 08:45 PM #37
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
That's right, you really can't. It's an individual choice. Google an essay called "The Thermodynamics of Hell" for one of my favorite little essays on religion.

CQ
Hahahaha.

Thats pretty good.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:47 PM #38
thelama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementEighty525 View Post
you have to decide if you are actually going to follow all doctrines of the religion or just say you are a part of it.

It all depends what you want out of religion, though I'd say no matter what, don't convert to Islam.
do you even know anything about islam?

DC
Old 12-14-2006, 04:49 PM #39
Truthiness

That was a good read. Thanks, CQ.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:50 PM #40
Truthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleW View Post
You won't go to hell even if you are in the supposedly "wrong" religion if you honestly and in good conscience tried with all your heart, mind and soul to seek out God and his will for you. Catholics do not believe that only catholics go to heaven in the least. If through no fault of your own, you have never heard of Christ or his Church, you can still attain heaven if you live a good life, namely a life that is in accord with the natural law which is all written in our hearts and we all have the ability to know.
I'm glad you're so sure you know what happens after you're dead.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:17 PM #41
Mps2216
Control Yourself

Quote:
"Right" and "wrong" is just a matter of perspective.
And then one must ask the question, what is God's perspective? One will likely realize that said "god" probably does not have a perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Bill View Post

The problem with this search is that you assume there is a singular "treasure"; God. Threadstarter, if God does miraculously present himself to you, great. But realize God might not be the answer. That's a personal decision and should be based upon what makes sense to you.

Quote:
Salvation through good works? Luther would disagree...
And wait, isn't the natural law in our hearts founded on original sin? I don't think that would be the best guide for one's life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayedPbPlayer View Post
No one will know until they die
Considering "knowing" is a brain function that stops with death, one will never in fact know. However, it won't particularly matter because you won't exist anyway.

Old 12-14-2006, 06:15 PM #42
Hoytie
F=ma. Believe it.

Quote:
If through no fault of your own, you have never heard of Christ or his Church, you can still attain heaven if you live a good life, namely a life that is in accord with the natural law which is all written in our hearts and we all have the ability to know.
It's not our rejection of the Gospel that sends us to Hell, it's our sin. There is only one name under heaven by which we must be saved.

joel.hoyt@gmail.com