PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-13-2006, 04:25 PM #22
--+--

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSlaughter View Post

Me, personally I can't see how there can be a god that lets such terrible things go on in the world.

Faith. Freedom of choice. If God saved everyone and let everything be good, why not just live in Heaven.
Once again, my apologies for being concerned with the safety of other human beings. I thought with all the precaution taken by PBN to avoid legal problems, my input would be appreciated. Next time I can prevent even a remote possibility of serious injury by suggesting a minor change to practices, I'll hold my tongue.""
Do your part.
Fold for a Cure Join Team pbnation. Team # 46692

DONATE
Old 12-13-2006, 04:52 PM #23
Mps2216
Control Yourself

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
there is some mixed information here. malevolencey or benevolencey doesn't dictate a god. some of the charactaristics mentioned have to do with what monotheists refer to as God, but a polytheist of Hellanism would call and did call the monotheistic Christians; atheists. why? because they didn't believe in all the gods.

their definition of a god included emporers and pharaohs, and great men, otherwise called "heros" (not the same definition we use today).
What's your point? Because I think you missed mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
I have reduced God to describable terms.
Thank you for proving my point. God should not be able to be reduced to describable terms. To describe him, is to characterize him. This shouldn't be possible if he's truly a god. Even the word perfection puts a metaphysical limit on a god. For instance, the Christian god desires fellowship with human spirits. I would assert that God knows nothing of "fellowship". Essentially he would find fellowship in himself, if he is anything.