Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-13-2006, 01:43 PM #22
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
Actually DNA mapping has allowed us to trace the migration of tribes out of Africa and settling into places like Asia, Europe and eventually North America using certain markers to establish common ancestry. ...
though presented as fact, this is all still theory and much conjecture (just like the entire evolution of humans from another species).
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:01 PM #23
elTwitcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
though presented as fact, this is all still theory and much conjecture (just like the entire evolution of humans from another species).
No it's pretty much fact. Evolution is a theory because there are gaps from one species and it's "evolved" species. With this study, they identified genetic markers so that they could see how a group of people in Country a were related to people in country b, who were related to country c, who were related to country d, in a line all the way back to Africa. They see it, we're related, it's a fact and there's no other explanation.

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 12-13-2006, 02:57 PM #24
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
No it's pretty much fact. Evolution is a theory because there are gaps from one species and it's "evolved" species. With this study, they identified genetic markers so that they could see how a group of people in Country a were related to people in country b, who were related to country c, who were related to country d, in a line all the way back to Africa. They see it, we're related, it's a fact and there's no other explanation.
I will agree to disagree with you on that point. I believe that it's pretty much conjecture. the basis for the arguments are based on theory, there is no observable "proof". the DNA record just doesn't exist, and the extrapolation of what is called Neanderthal man will also not go in that bucket. of course the common preconceived idea is that Neanderthal is not homo sapien sapien - but that is another issue altogether.

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:02 PM #25
elTwitcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
I will agree to disagree with you on that point. I believe that it's pretty much conjecture. the basis for the arguments are based on theory, there is no observable "proof". the DNA record just doesn't exist, and the extrapolation of what is called Neanderthal man will also not go in that bucket. of course the common preconceived idea is that Neanderthal is not homo sapien sapien - but that is another issue altogether.
Sorry Brent, I'm not trying to force the issue or argue, if you simply want to leave it at "agree to disagree" I understand completely as I don't think matters of faith are something to debate over. Nonetheless, I think you might not be aware of the project I am reffering to as you said "the DNA record just doesn't exist". The record does in fact exist and is an ongoing project

https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/...c/journey.html

This is the observable "proof" I was reffering to and why I consider it more or less a fact. Neanderthal man is another issue entirely and what that is a bit more muddled.

No disrespect intended to your beliefs, naturally

EDIT: Here is the overview of the project if you are interested in learning more.

https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/...hic/atlas.html

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 12-13-2006, 03:16 PM #26
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
Sorry Brent, I'm not trying to force the issue or argue, if you simply want to leave it at "agree to disagree" I understand completely as I don't think matters of faith are something to debate over. Nonetheless, I think you might not be aware of the project I am reffering to as you said "the DNA record just doesn't exist". The record does in fact exist and is an ongoing project

https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/...c/journey.html

This is the observable "proof" I was reffering to and why I consider it more or less a fact. Neanderthal man is another issue entirely and what that is a bit more muddled.

No disrespect intended to your beliefs, naturally

EDIT: Here is the overview of the project if you are interested in learning more.

https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/...hic/atlas.html
Thanks for the links. I was aware of the project(s) but always welcome more information. I think you hit the nail on the head though, and what I was referring to. you say Neandrathal muddles, my assumption (that you and others believe that) is because "it" isn't "human". Assumptions based on a human evolutionist paradigm, which I do not hold, as you know. (BTW - nice to have a real discussion here, even if we do disagree as in the past. )