Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-09-2006, 05:44 PM #64
InspectorChao

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuktAwnFoniks View Post
He was.

He spoke of "God" not as the invisible powerful man in the sky, but as nature. He basically used the word "God" in place of "nature"

Believers try to make it look like, "hey, Einstein was really smart and believed in God! Join the church!" but it's actually the exact opposite. Anyone who doesn't believe me can look it up.
Einstein was born a jew. I believe that's why he had to leave Germany. I don't know if he renounced his faith later though.

As to the god question. I agree in the fact that Santa and God have similarities. But if god created the universe where did god come from?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2006, 07:12 PM #65
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

has been a member for 10 years
A lot of people will tell you he has always been there, but then when you try to explain that maybe the universe is infinately old and constantly collapses on itself, they mock you...
Old 12-09-2006, 07:14 PM #66
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectorChao View Post
Einstein was born a jew. I believe that's why he had to leave Germany. I don't know if he renounced his faith later though.

As to the god question. I agree in the fact that Santa and God have similarities. But if god created the universe where did god come from?
Santa??? eh

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 12-09-2006, 10:05 PM #67
HuktAwnFoniks
Thanks a lot, Bin Laden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippmann playa View Post
Santa??? eh
Tell me some ways they aren't similar and get back to all of us. I promise you there are more simliarities than differences.

In response again to the Einstein thing, here is a quote...

"I believe in Spinoza's God, Who reveals Himself in the lawful harmony of the world, not in a God Who concerns Himself with the fate and the doings of mankind."

Spinoza was a philosopher who actually founded modern biblical criticism. He believed that nature and God exist as one in the same. There is no supreme man in the sky watching all that goes on in the universe. God is simply nature.
Very interesting philosophy IMO
Old 12-09-2006, 11:47 PM #68
05 ProStock
ΦΔΘ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenuliveudie View Post
Why am I atheist? There are a number of reasons and they are in no specific order:

-Lacks sufficient evidence
-Modern science has constantly proven religios theory incorrect
-Religious teachings/Organized religion has created secular groups that are currently destroying the international community
-Religion is a product of Man's insecurity and inability to cope with various aspects of life. Therefore, religion is a belief in others and not one god
I couldn't agree with you more. Your last statement is defiantly sig worthy.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:20 AM #69
ραrαbellum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.'

-Albert Einstein
Actually that's by Carl Sagan.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:58 PM #70
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
just you all wait...years from now we're gonna find out that some alien race planted us here

kinda like scientology...but less gay

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 12-10-2006, 04:38 PM #71
Mps2216
Control Yourself

I'm an atheist as well, but I'd like to clarify some of your points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenuliveudie View Post
Why am I atheist? There are a number of reasons and they are in no specific order:

-Lacks sufficient evidence

Religion isn't supposed to have evidence. It's faith vs. logic. I agree, I am not willing to have faith in something that is irrational, or unsupported, but realize saying it lacks sufficient evidence won't always fly.

-Modern science has constantly proven religios theory incorrect

I would like to think this is true, but unfortunately it hasn't. I'm a strong proponent of science as well, however, science has not provided any truths which disprove religion. We have much evidence to suggest religion is severely flawed but nothing definitive. For instance, evolution. It directly contradicts the creation story, however, evolution is not proven. It has so much evidence, but until we have absolute proof which ultimately declares that evolution definitely occurred, religion will always be able to slip by. Science will get there eventually, but not yet...

-Religious teachings/Organized religion has created secular groups that are currently destroying the international community

True. Although even I won't blame a Christian or Islamic friend for events which are essentially irrelevant to him.

-Religion is a product of Man's insecurity and inability to cope with various aspects of life. Therefore, religion is a belief in others and not one god.

Agreed, but don't forget a key element of religion. It answer's questions. As atheists, we don't need belief in a supernatural deity in order to fathom our existence.
I made them not to correct you in any manner necessarily, but rather to add another perspective from someone who takes a similar standpoint.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:44 PM #72
Wenuliveudie
100% Organic

Wenuliveudie plays in the PSP
Wenuliveudie donated to help Peyton Trent
Wenuliveudie helped look for balloons
Wenuliveudie plays in the APPA D5 division
I do agree with some of what you have added. It certainly does add a different perspective which I do appreciate.

I would like to state that my previous post obviously does not provide any examples. Rather, just my thoughts and beliefs on events that have taken place over the past couple hundred of years. There are examples citing proof of some of my beliefs and some citing yours.

Just a different approach in some areas. I like it.

Old Feedback +16
Don't lose touch.