ISmokeIce
Postmodern Sophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duplicity. View Post
God might be like Sid from Toy Story.
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
He is willing and able? Then what kind of cruel being would continue allowing it? Like christians say, man cannot avoid sin. Man's like a 3yo who keeps pulling pots of boiling water onto himself from off the stove. He can't help himself. God is like the parent. The parent is willing and able to to stop the child from burning himself, and every decent parent on earth WILL. But god does not.

CQ
Evolution.
"No passion is stronger in the breast of man than the desire to make others believe as he believes...It is not the love of truth, but desire to prevail that sets quarter against quarter and makes parish desire the downfall of parish. Each seeks peace of mind and subserviency rather than the triumph of truth and exaltation of virtue-- But these moralities belong, and should be left to the historian, since they are as dull as ditch water" - Orlando: A Biography

Last edited by ISmokeIce : 12-08-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2006, 08:15 PM #86
Conqueror
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Conqueror is a Moderator
Conqueror is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Conqueror supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoytie View Post
Let's keep the analogy going then. God dove in front of the child and let the boiling water pour all over himself leaving the kid unharmed.
Only once. And he's been letting us burn ourselves ever since. He lets us burn ourselves every day, and we're supposed to thank him?

CQ
Old 12-08-2006, 09:03 PM #87
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duplicity. View Post
God might be like Sid from Toy Story.
or maybe not

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 12-08-2006, 09:11 PM #88
letspbnow
New and Improved

this thread needs a poll
Old 12-08-2006, 09:31 PM #89
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

TESlight'emupTES donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Only once. And he's been letting us burn ourselves ever since. He lets us burn ourselves every day, and we're supposed to thank him?

CQ
Our own free will burns us. He made a perfect earth for us. There was no disease, death, or sadness in the Garden of Eden and then Adam and Eve ate the apple. After that, God decided that, if we wanted to do as we pleased, He'd let us. Plus, it's not like He doesn't warn us about what will "burn" us in the Bible...
Old 12-08-2006, 10:12 PM #90
Conqueror

Conqueror is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by TESlight'emupTES View Post
Our own free will burns us.
So does the child's, the parent isn't forcing it to pull down the pot. God planted the possibility of sin by creating the apple, just as the parent planted the ability for burns by boiling the water. God sat by and watched Eve eat the apple, whereas a good parent would have stopped even the child's first attempt at seeing what was in the pot. Free will is bull****, a god that truly loved us would make it unconditional, unless we're some sort of amusing experiment to him.

CQ
Old 12-08-2006, 10:33 PM #91
ISmokeIce
Postmodern Sophist

Could it be said that God might be something that at this point human do not understand, and what do people do when they don't understand something? They jump on it and beat the pieces until they fit into the puzzle.
"No passion is stronger in the breast of man than the desire to make others believe as he believes...It is not the love of truth, but desire to prevail that sets quarter against quarter and makes parish desire the downfall of parish. Each seeks peace of mind and subserviency rather than the triumph of truth and exaltation of virtue-- But these moralities belong, and should be left to the historian, since they are as dull as ditch water" - Orlando: A Biography
Old 12-08-2006, 10:38 PM #92
alex06

I think there is. I don't feel like arguing right now, but I think it's retarded to believe that a bunch of random chemicals mixed one day and life began.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:39 PM #93
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

Quote:
So does the child's, the parent isn't forcing it to pull down the pot. God planted the possibility of sin by creating the apple, just as the parent planted the ability for burns by boiling the water. God sat by and watched Eve eat the apple, whereas a good parent would have stopped even the child's first attempt at seeing what was in the pot. Free will is bull****, a god that truly loved us would make it unconditional, unless we're some sort of amusing experiment to him.

CQ
A good parent (i.e. God) warns their children about something that will happen if they do something. If they still do it, guess what! It happens. A good parent lets its child learn for themselves, instead of doing everything for them.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:42 PM #94
PaInTbAlLFrEaK17 (Banned)

Quote:
A good parent (i.e. God) warns their children about something that will happen if they do something. If they still do it, guess what! It happens. A good parent lets its child learn for themselves, instead of doing everything for them.
aha! then HOW would god go about warning us?
Old 12-08-2006, 10:46 PM #95
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaInTbAlLFrEaK17 View Post
aha! then HOW would god go about warning us?
Uhh... the Bible, perhaps?
Old 12-08-2006, 10:47 PM #96
(Banned)again (Banned)

personally i dont think there is a god. I dont go to church or any religious junk.
and i hate people that are all about god and overly christian
Old 12-08-2006, 10:48 PM #97
PaInTbAlLFrEaK17 (Banned)

Quote:
well that's....ineffective on a personal level
Old 12-08-2006, 10:48 PM #98
Mps2216
Control Yourself

Quote:
Because Eve could do that right.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:38 AM #99
LGB (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex06 View Post
I think there is. I don't feel like arguing right now, but I think it's retarded to believe that a bunch of random chemicals mixed one day and life began.
And it's not completely logical to think that God clapped his hands and created an entire universe instantly?
Old 12-09-2006, 08:51 AM #100
Conqueror

Conqueror is a Moderator
Quote:
Only to a point, and that point definitely does not include letting them scald themselves. I think an eternity in hell also is way beyond that point.

CQ
Old 12-09-2006, 01:34 PM #101
Darkassaliant
CK Mafia Straight Killa

The bible as we all know was written hundreds of years ago, for all we know, it could be the ramblings of a few drunk monks, or it could be 100% truth. I choose to not believe in either the bible or god as I stated earlier. I gave reason for god, now im giving my reason for thinking the bible is all fake.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:58 AM #102
az bandits7
NXe JRNY

i believe that god was made up because man could not fathom what created the universe; thus, giving us some sort of explanation.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:05 AM #103
LGB (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by az bandits7 View Post
i believe that god was made up because man could not fathom what created the universe; thus, giving us some sort of explanation.
It's human nature to want to find an explanation for the unknown, and since they didn't have the understanding of how everything works (well less then we do), God was created to take responsibility for it all. The Egyptians did the same thing with the numerous amount of Gods they assigned to the sun, water, weather, etc etc.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:05 AM #104
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite

I agree 100% with CQ in every thing he has said so far.

Skillz