PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-06-2006, 11:15 PM #1
USCBRo
but can you wipe bullets?

Silver and Oil

So whats your take on the Precious metals and Oil market? Bull or Bearish? How much does it have to rise still, in your opinion, before it settles back out again, and will you invest in the exploration/mining/production companies, distribution and sale companies, or actual precious metals? Futures, options,(Actually, futures isnt probably a great idea for things that are long term bull type investment). Just looking for some feedback.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:10 PM #2
t_mo (Banned)
Baller Status

has been a member for 10 years
Oil- (Bull) the price will steadily increase, and whenever there is any kind of major event in the middle east it will spike. Demand should ween over the next 10 years with the rise in technology to conserve it, and the shift in alternatives.

Silver/ Precious metals-(Bull) I think this market rode a recent wave over the last few years. It will always be a market that will increase, I feel the demand is inelastic, more so than oil, and the supply is more easily controlled by the suppliers. My prediction for this market is it might under go some corrections because of the wave, but they shouldnt last too long.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:38 PM #3
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)
BOS

Silver is uesless these days, and oil is too damn high to know whats going to happen in the short run
Old 12-08-2006, 12:53 AM #4
t_mo (Banned)
Baller Status

Well silver is a small percentage of the precious metals market, but has been under significant recent demand based on the ETF's that are solely based on silver. I agree silver is not as inelastic as gold but I would not consider it useless. I was addressing the precious metals market as a whole in my post.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:53 PM #5
USCBRo
but can you wipe bullets?

silver is useless? tell that to China
Old 12-09-2006, 01:16 AM #6
2term8r
Free Baller

Titanium is the metal of the future! The largest supliers of titanium to the aerospace industry is TIE. from wiki "high tensile strength (even at high temperatures), light weight, extraordinary corrosion resistance, and ability to withstand extreme temperatures, titanium alloys are used in aircraft, armour plating, naval ships, spacecraft, and missiles" I'm not recomending this stock, but the metal itself is in a higher and higher demand of lighter materials