Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-06-2006, 05:15 PM #22
trilogykid23
..o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSpeed View Post
And what happens when you leave/get fired/laid off with that employer?

(What's a 401k account?)
It can stay with you, and you can get it when you retire, OR you can withdraw it but take a penalty for it.

e.g.

You have 1000$ in it, they will penalize you $400.
You get $600 dollars back
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2006, 05:17 PM #23
FlashZ33

FlashZ33 plays in the PSP
FlashZ33 plays in the APPA D3 division
Big companies like Disney, Microsoft, etc. have already peaked and will have little to no growth. If you wanna make money, invest in penny stocks.

Also invest alot while you're young because if by any chance you do lose money you have another 50 years to get it back.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:17 PM #24
LiquidSpeed
Blah Blah MW>HK Blah Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilogykid23 View Post
It can stay with you, and you can get it when you retire, OR you can withdraw it but take a penalty for it.

e.g.

You have 1000$ in it, they will penalize you $400.
You get $600 dollars back
Ahh, that's the bank account my teacher told us to put it in, so if we did take it out, it would be a bad move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashZ33 View Post
Big companies like Disney, Microsoft, etc. have already peaked and will have little to no growth. If you wanna make money, invest in penny stocks.

Also invest alot while you're young because if by any chance you do lose money you have another 50 years to get it back.

Everybody mentions penny stocks, what are they?
Old 12-06-2006, 05:19 PM #25
Beers78n9
Why settle for 72 Virgins

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSpeed View Post
And what happens when you leave/get fired/laid off with that employer?

(What's a 401k account?)

Its still your money. You can keep the account open but your best bet is to roll it over into your new employers 401k plan or into an IRA.

A 401k account is a retirement plan offered by many employers that are run by financial institutions. You are allowed to have a specific dollar amount or percentage of your paycheck withheld PRE tax. Up to $14k a year. And usually your employer will offer to match up to a certain dollar aount or percentage at the end of each fiscal year.

The financial institution will offer different places your money can be invested (mutual funds/gold/tech stocks) your money will apperciate with over time and you are able to withdraw from the account without penalty when you turn 65. You can draw from it before you turn 65, but you will be heavily taxed on it. You can also use your 401k as collateral on a loan or as reserves (which are needed to finance a home).

Your best bet is to start as young as possible, with as much as possible. And also to be more aggressive in the options the financial institute is offereing at a younger age.

"Originally posted by bizkitfan601: There is no reason to have a need. The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to own those weapons without a need or a cause. This is America - the land of freedom. And we have cool **** to prove it.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."
Old 12-06-2006, 05:21 PM #26
FlashZ33

FlashZ33 plays in the PSP
FlashZ33 plays in the APPA D3 division
Penny stocks are high risk stocks... usually are associated with companies that are just starting out.

Look it up on Wikipedia. I don't really feel like giving a definition.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:24 PM #27
trilogykid23
..o.

http://www.allstocks.com/pennystocks/

help any?
Old 12-06-2006, 05:31 PM #28
codyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beers78n9 View Post
screw a savings account and screw when you turn 21. As soon as you are working and over the age of 18, open a 401k account through your employer. If they dont offer 401k, then open an IRA account. An IRA will allow you to deposit up to 2000 - 2500 a year. which is between 165-210 a month. Your account will yield much higher returns than a savings account. In the 6-8% range whereas a savings account will bring you 3-4%

you know whats better than that a roth ira because you pay taxes when you put money in but you dont have to when you pull it out
Old 12-06-2006, 05:37 PM #29
trilogykid23
..o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyf View Post
you know whats better than that a roth ira because you pay taxes when you put money in but you dont have to when you pull it out
Didnt quite get it?
Please try again lol, and grammar and spelling this time, make it a must!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:36 PM #30
SPECK
FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005 hustler View Post
Yeah, come on guys. Don't screw this forum up with unintelligent posts.

Fixed for grammatical reasons.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:36 PM #31
I love Impulses
Keep Calm and Booze On

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilogykid23 View Post
When I traded penny stocks I always had good guaranteed profits using the jump on the next day. Say a stock has large growth at the end of the day, it will typically grown a little bit more the next day in the first few hours then there will be a massive sell off.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Old 12-06-2006, 08:48 PM #32
trilogykid23
..o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Impulses View Post
When I traded penny stocks I always had good guaranteed profits using the jump on the next day. Say a stock has large growth at the end of the day, it will typically grown a little bit more the next day in the first few hours then there will be a massive sell off.
Seen it happen often, but not an always though.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:29 AM #33
rezdog

rezdog is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyf View Post
Pretty sure you dont pay taxes on the money you put into a Roth IRA. You however cant claim it on your taxes, but when the time comes to start pulling money out its tax free. And i think that time is after 58 or something like that.

Correct me if im wrong.