PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 01:11 AM #1
350zkilla

Moderator Request!!

Kyle, if you remember I was the one that initally proposed having the investments/small business thread about a month ago.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1840568

I would really like to become a mod for this forum, and I feel that I could contribute lots of positive information to ST:I. I have interned at two different investments brokerage firms, I am a finance major, and my father works for Merill Lynch.

I feel that I would be more than qualified to become a mod.

Thanks
Old 12-07-2006, 01:13 AM #2
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dager
Here are a couple of guidelines to becomming a mod

1. Please dont ask (this is a biggie) - Moderators are picked from the users by other moderators. Want to stick out so you are noticed by the mods? Make sure you posts are friendly, helpfull and contribute to the site. Sure there are alot of users but those that truely want to help the site grow stick out among all the other users.

2. Become an Annual member - Although its not required it shows that you really do wish to help the site grow. All and all its just a good thing to do.

3. Put in your time. Mods are not picked from new users. It takes months or years of helpfull posting to get noticed among the 100's of thousands of registered users. So keep posting and make each count.

4. Keep your nose clean - Bans, temp bans, and warnings from mods will ruin a chance at a user becoming a mod.

5. Know your stuff - New mods are picked based on how much they can help in a pacticular area. Again keep posting on something that you know alot about. Use the forum report features to help the forum mod see any bad posts in their forum. Don't type like an eleven-year-old, we want to see that you actually put care and thought into things.
yep.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 12-07-2006, 01:14 AM #3
sKum
I like Catbert Again

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
yep.
Troof

Golfer for mod imo (Who remembers that?!)
Old 12-07-2006, 01:15 AM #4
350zkilla

I was the one who even intially proposed the idea at all... I haven't been here the longest, or am a supporing member (no paypal/$30).
Old 12-07-2006, 01:16 AM #5
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
*raises hand*

Golfer for mod!

350z, while you may have suggested it, and been the last suggestion before it was implemented, I have seen the idea of a business subforum for longer than you have been here.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 12-07-2006, 01:21 AM #6
sKum
I like Catbert Again

has been a member for 10 years
You don't want to be a mod anyway, I hear from reliable sources it's alot of work
Old 12-07-2006, 05:38 AM #7
trilogykid23
..o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350zkilla View Post
I was the one who even intially proposed the idea at all... I haven't been here the longest, or am a supporing member (no paypal/$30).

Yes, we both did fight for it in the suggestion box.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:07 AM #8
IwasKutan
Hi

Wait. Why should you be a mod again? becuase you simply purposed the idea of a new subforum that has been asked for many times before? Yea, Im sure the PBN Mod staff is really going to go for that . Im confident the current ST mods will have no problem finding the difference between a bad thread and a good thread in this section. Good effort though.

Last edited by IwasKutan : 12-07-2006 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:16 AM #9
350zkilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwasKutan View Post
Wait. Why should you be a mod again? becuase you simply purposed the idea of a new subforum that has been asked for many times before? Yea, Im sure the PBN Mod staff is really going to go for that . Im confident the current ST mods will have no problem finding the difference between a bad thread and a good thread in this section. Good effort though.
If it was proposed so many times, why was it never created. Oh right, because Triology and me were the only ones that fought for its creation.

Its alright, we will see how many intelligent "ACCURATE" posts come out of there with our current highly knowledable stock broker mods.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:13 PM #10
AndyAllen019
INSOMNIAWESOME

Annual Supporting Member
AndyAllen019 is a Moderator
AndyAllen019 is a Supporting Member
AndyAllen019 is playing at Living Legends VII
AndyAllen019 supports our troops
AndyAllen019 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dager
Here are a couple of guidelines to becomming a mod

1. Please dont ask (this is a biggie) - Moderators are picked from the users by other moderators. Want to stick out so you are noticed by the mods? Make sure you posts are friendly, helpfull and contribute to the site. Sure there are alot of users but those that truely want to help the site grow stick out among all the other users.

2. Become an Annual member - Although its not required it shows that you really do wish to help the site grow. All and all its just a good thing to do.

3. Put in your time. Mods are not picked from new users. It takes months or years of helpfull posting to get noticed among the 100's of thousands of registered users. So keep posting and make each count.

4. Keep your nose clean - Bans, temp bans, and warnings from mods will ruin a chance at a user becoming a mod.

5. Know your stuff - New mods are picked based on how much they can help in a pacticular area. Again keep posting on something that you know alot about. Use the forum report features to help the forum mod see any bad posts in their forum. Don't type like an eleven-year-old, we want to see that you actually put care and thought into things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
yep.
/thread
Closed Thread