Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-06-2006, 05:49 PM #1
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity

has been a member for 10 years
Want to learn the basics of the stock market

Well, lets start it off saying that my mine and my families life was pretty much ruined by stocks. My parents had came here from Egypt 27 years ago, knowing absolutly no english and had 10 bucks each in there pockets. They worked there ***** of for those 25 years to raise a family and be classified as "upper upper middle class". Well, then my dad decided to put some cash in stocks, and before you know it, we lost everything. It ruined my parents live knowing that there 1.3 million dollars that they saved up all those years is gone just like that. Yes, my dad actually lost 1.3 million dollars in the stock market in a span of 1.5 years.

Now, so I dont end in the same way my dad did, I want to no a little about stocks. All of the basics, how they work, ect.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2006, 05:53 PM #2
trilogykid23
..o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
Well, lets start it off saying that my mine and my families life was pretty much ruined by stocks. My parents had came here from Egypt 27 years ago, knowing absolutly no english and had 10 bucks each in there pockets. They worked there ***** of for those 25 years to raise a family and be classified as "upper upper middle class". Well, then my dad decided to put some cash in stocks, and before you know it, we lost everything. It ruined my parents live knowing that there 1.3 million dollars that they saved up all those years is gone just like that. Yes, my dad actually lost 1.3 million dollars in the stock market in a span of 1.5 years.

Now, so I dont end in the same way my dad did, I want to no a little about stocks. All of the basics, how they work, ect.
Dont do what your dad did...:nododgy:

But seriously, not to be mean, but your dad must have been pretty stupid to lose that much that quick.

Watch where you put your money

Do it early!
Old 12-06-2006, 06:11 PM #3
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilogykid23 View Post
Dont do what your dad did...:nododgy:

But seriously, not to be mean, but your dad must have been pretty stupid to lose that much that quick.

Watch where you put your money

Do it early!
he invested a lot in stock, lost a lot of it, and felt a dire need to make the money back, still kept failing though
Old 12-06-2006, 06:16 PM #4
trilogykid23
..o.

Oh,

another big tip,

Dont get addicted!
Old 12-06-2006, 06:21 PM #5
69!

69! is a founding member
69! is playing at Living Legends V
69! is for the Gunfight
69! is Legendary
Okay if you want to learn the basics go to virtualstockexchange.com

and sign up and mess with some stocks.

i did int and hey i made a ton of virtual money.

So i think y not put some into the real market

try it out
Old 12-07-2006, 12:45 AM #6
sKum
I like Catbert Again

Read. That's probably the best advice I got about it. Read read read and absorb. If you're not 18, its best to not worry about the market and simply learn as much as you can about it. The most valuable commodity in today's world is information, plain and simple. The more you know, the more you will make.

Talk to people you're close with who follow the market closely, watch MSNBC or any other financial channel. Get a newspaper subscription to The Wall Street Journal and Investors Business Daily, both great tools to use in today's market.

And the best thing I can tell you, is not to believe everything you here. You can lose money just as fast as you can make it.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:07 AM #7
Owned13
The Family

Owned13 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post

they probably got bad advice from someone. 1.3 million is a substantial amount and I hope they did not setup their portfolio themselves. A good portfolio manager would have spread their money in not only stocks (and it seems that they had to have invested in tech stocks for the most part for that much of a drastic change or a hedge fund that went under as they are very poorly regulated currently) but also in bonds, and other alternative investments. This is the business I make my living in and you should read the wall st. journal etc. to get a brief knowledge of the market and if you're planning on investing heavily I would suggest a professional or to seek a financial consultant who work every day at this