Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-30-2006, 12:40 PM #1
TESballer
Awaiting Email Confirmation

has been a member for 10 years
Odyssey O2 FAQ/Upgrades

Odyssey O2 FAQ/Upgrades
It is what the title says, If you want to add anything just PM.

Part Labels
The manual does a good of this except a few parts.

1. T-board in the O2.
  2. HPR blowout with the updated two o-ring piston.
  3. Setup with delrin bolt, and lightened spring. (update spring section later)
Odyssey O2 F.A.S.O.R. Animation
If someone wants to use the animation for anything else, but this thread, PM me first please.

Disclaimer! I am not at fault if any of this information, leads your gun to be malfunctioning or broken, if you don't trust me, read your manual.

Odyssey O2 Features
  • FASOR - Forward Aired Spring Operated Return
  • Spyder Barrel Threads
  • 20 BPS, Semi, TFA (True Full Auto), Tourney Lockout
  • LCD Interface, Saved Settings, MODES: Counter, Timer, Power, Sensor, Trigger Sensitivity, Dwell Adjustment
  • Odyssey Clamp Feedneck
  • .693 Bore Stock Barrel
  • 225-300 PSI HPR Operating Pressure
  • Operates on Co2 & HPA - Highly Recommended use of an anti-siphon tube. (Damage by non-a/s co2 is not covered under warranty)
  • 1700+ shots of 68/4500 (Confirmed in Manual)
  • Bouncebeam Eye (SE – Sensor Element)
  • Non-standard dovetail flush mount, if you wish to add a drop to the stock bottom-line regulator, modification will be needed.
  • An HP tank is recommended for the O2, although an LP tank will work.
  • High-Flow LPR & HPR
  • Lightweight Delrin Bolt
  • Standard 1/8 fittings

Last edited by TESballer : 05-19-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2006, 12:41 PM #2
TESballer

Odyssey O2 General Maintenance (Stock Parts)

Lubricants:
Use thick gel-like o-ring lube in the correct areas. Use gel-like lube for the Ram, Regualtors HPR & LPR), and serviceable solenoid.
Good examples of gel-like lube are Dow 33 (Shocker Lube), Evil Pus, Hater Sauce, and Shocktech Gun Butta.
You can use thin paintball gun oil, such as Gold Cup, or Empire Blowback Lube, but this lube will not last nearly as long, thus you will have to oil much more often.

Bolt:
It is stated in the manual that the bolt does not require lubrication. This true to the fullest. Although some O2's come with the bolt lubed (mine did) that is incorrect and the bolt should be thoroughly cleaned off, with soap and warm water. Then dried with a cloth thoroughly.

Ram:
Use a gel-like lube on the ram o-ring that enters the ram cap, and lightly lube the entire main spring, and ram.

Solenoid:
Take off the LP hoses from the ram cap and LPR, and remove the gripframe. Looking down at the top of the gripframe unscrew the two screws. These two screws hold the solenoid in place. Remove the screws, and push the solenoid lightly out of the LCD side of the gripframe. Wires are still attached so be gentle. Once the solenoid is out, pull out the piston at the rear of the solenoid, and lightly lube the four o-rings inside of the solenoid. I recommend doing this as soon as you get the gun to prevent any leaks that may happen. Do these steps reverse to reassemble the O2. Make sure the solenoid in fully seated into the gripframe, and the two screws that hold the solenoid in place are securely tightened on the solenoid. If this isn't done the solenoid will not work correctly, and will act sporadically

HPR:
This is the regulator under the gripframe. The regulator has a total of five parts. The regulator body, piston, spring, spring guide, and cap.
Check the two O-rings of the piston for wear, and replace if needed. Lube the piston throughly, and put light coats on the spring, and cap, and reassemble.

LPR:
The LPR is hard to remove, because of this i've upgraded to a Intimidator VA & LPR. Although once the LPR has been removed once, the removal should become easy. Since I did not fully remove the LPR I found another "easy and safe" way to lube the LPR.

LPR Lube (Easy and Safe Way):
This way does not require the full removal of the LPR, but does not do as thorough a job as fully removing the LPR would.
With the gun un-pressurized, unscrew the LPR adjustment screw on the front of the LPR. Once the screw in out, the spring guide, and spring should fall out easily. Within the LPR you should see the piston. This part will not come out without removing the entire LPR.
I lubed the LPR the same way I lube my valve. I used a thin paintball gun oil, and put a few drops down directly onto the piston and laid the gun down, with the LPR pointing upward, for a minute or two. Put light coats of lube on the spring and adjustment screw, and reassemble. Once you pressurize the LPR, the LPR piston will begin moving, and will basically lube it self with the lube that's already in there.

LPR (Full Removal Required): - UNDER CONSTRUCTIONThere's a retainment screw on the underside of the LPR. The screw goes through the VA (LPR Body) and is sealed with Loctite. You will most likely have to take off the entire VA (LPR Body), put it into a vice, and then unscrew the retaining screw. Wrap the VA in a towel to prevent scratches, from the vice. Remove the retainment screw and and remove the LPR. Unscrew the LPR adjustment screw on the front of the LPR. Once the screw in out, the spring guide, and spring should fall out easily. Within the LPR you should see the piston. The piston is held on opposite ends of the LPR. - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Old 04-30-2006, 12:42 PM #3
TESballer

Odyssey O2 FAQ’s

I just got my O2, what should I do first?
Before you even shoot the marker, I'd take everything apart, and lube everything as stated in General Maintenance. This way a lot of potential problems will be solve from the start.

Turning off the SE (Sensor Eye):
Press the lower button till LCD reads “Sensor”, press the top button till the LCD reads “Off”, then press the lower button to save the setting. - OR - Hold down the trigger for around 8 seconds.

Turning the SE (Sensor Eye) back on:
Press the lower button till LCD reads “Sensor”, press the top button till the LCD reads “On”, then press the lower button to save the setting.

Will CO2 work with my O2?
Yes, the O2 will operate on co2, but not at its best. With un-anti-siphon co2 you risk damaging the Solenoid, O-Rings, and other components. As with anti-siphon co2, and preferably a good co2 Regulator such as the Palmer Stabilizer, the O2 would perform fine with co2. Damage by non-a/s co2 is not covered under warranty.

How do I adjust the Velocity?
Velocity is the balance between HPR, and LPR pressure. Major velocity change should be made with the HPR by increasing pressure. Do not increase the HPR pressure over 400 PSI. Minor velocity change should be made with the LPR by increasing pressure. Do not increase the LPR pressure past the point where three threads are showing on the inside of the LPR, or damage may happen to the solenoid.

How do I adjust the HPR?
Using the Allen wrench provided, un-screw the large Allen nut counter-clockwise to decrease pressure. Turn it clockwise to increase pressure. Do it slowly and fire your marker when decreasing and increasing pressure. Set your HPR to 225-300 PSI. 275 PSI Recommended.

How do I adjust the LPR?
Using the Allen wrench provided, un-screw the large Allen nut counter-clockwise to decrease pressure and velocity. Turn it clockwise to increase velocity and pressure. Do it slowly and fire your marker when decreasing and increasing pressure. Since there's no gauge to set your LPR to, adjust your LPR adjustment screw threads inward until three threads are showing inside of the LPR. Do not adjust the LPR past this, or damage may happen to the solenoid.

Is air meant to leak out the barrel when I screw on my air source?
No, if there is a leak coming from your barrel, it is possibly your cup seal, take off your VA, and check the cup seal. Oil the cup seal and valve area. If leaking persists check for any signs of wear, and replace cup seal if needed.

How good is the stock barrel?

The stock barrel is 11”, and is pretty accurate compared to most stock barrels. A barrel may not need to be your first upgrade, as a fast hopper would benefit more at times.

How do I reduce the side-to-side trigger movement?
The best way is to remove the trigger, and add spacers to either or both sides of the trigger. I had trouble removing my trigger (trigger-pin wouldn't’t budge) and I just wrapped Teflon tape around the pin in between the frame, and trigger, and works perfectly.

How do I take out the bolt on my O2?
Grab the top cocking pin, and pull up fairly hard. You could take the time to remove the ram, ram cap, and bolt together as well. You can also unscrew the Allen screw on the back of the bolt to remove the bolt pin, then slide the bolt out.

How do I take out the internals of my O2?
Push out the quick strip pin. Unscrew the air-fitting from the ram cap. The bolt, ram, ram cap, main spring should come out the back.

Does the O2 use an QEV? & Does the O2 already have a built in QEV? - Being Debated
The O2 do not have a QEV on them stock. The O2 does have however have a solenoid that vents the used air very well, because of this if you installed a QEV, the air that travels to the ram cap would be vented out the QEV & the solenoid. This is a problem because since the air is leaving the ram cap so fast that the ram doesn't get enough pressure to cycle fully. Putting a QEV can be fine successful if you raise your LP pressure much higher, but this decreases efficiency. So basically if you want to use a QEV on the O2, you shouldn't, it wouldn't help anything.

Last edited by TESballer : 05-20-2006 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:43 PM #4
TESballer

Odyssey O2 Upgrades

Bolts
Dragun TES & The One Bolts & Most 2k2 Intimidator BoltsIntimidator Bolts Feed Necks
Accepts Odyssey, and Dragun feednecks. Spyder “No Holes” feednecks will work w/ slight modification Rams
Dragun “The One” RamsBoardsMain Springs
There are custom springs avaviable and you can make a "spring kit", I will update this upon further testing.

Detents
It has been said that both Autococker and angel detents will work, with an additional o-ring to act as a spacer. - NOT COMFIRMED

Regulators (HPR & LPR)
Any standard Male ASA threaded (90% of them are) regulator for the HPR
With the Zenitram O3 LPR adapter, any Autococker LPR
With a Intimidator VA, any Intimidator LPRValves
Spyder Valves, with the use of an 2k2 Intimidator valve pin, or stock O2 valve pin
Dragun “The One” Valves can be used
If you want a Maddmann valve, get a The One valve not the spyder valve.

Triggers
VA's (LPR Body)
Intimidator VA’s, with the use of a Intimidator LPR as well.
If a new LPR is chosen to be put in another location, Spyder VA’s fit. You can run an Autococker LPR direct from a HPR, or a gauge port.

Last edited by TESballer : 04-30-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:48 PM #5
TESballer

Drop Forwards/Uni Mounts/Rails
Any standard inline drops/mounts/ASA’s
NOTE: New ASA’s will work with the stock mount, but the stock bottom-line regulator will not work with a standard drop, without modification.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:09 PM #6
Dr. Kevorkian

Red face

Great job on this, looks like you covered just about everything and coved it in good detail. to you.

Consider the o2/o3 threaded micro rock "confirmed" becaues I've got one on my o2.

Sticky much?
Old 04-30-2006, 02:21 PM #7
TESballer

Thanks Dr. Kevorkian!
I've never fully removed the LPR (yet) so I wasn't sure if the threads were the same. Updated!
Old 05-01-2006, 12:34 AM #8
Crash09

Awesome Job!
Someone needs to do one of these for some of the other markers too.

This deserves a sticky for sure

R3 with Delron Bolt, Detinator reg, QEV, Evil On/off, Delron tear Drop Valve Seal, Tboarded, Odyssey 5pc barrel kit

CRASH.
Maybe its better to Burn up then to fade away. Or you can just play paint ball instead of lighting yourself on fire.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:41 PM #9
jayrd21

jayrd21 plays in the PSP
jayrd21 supports Cereal Killerz 2
jayrd21 supports Team VICIOUS
jayrd21 supports Pev's Paintball
jayrd21 plays in the APPA D4 division
jayrd21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
this makes me want my 02 back!!! this deserves to be stickied
Old 05-07-2006, 02:13 AM #10
zmmflyer

Sticky This!
Old 05-10-2006, 01:46 PM #11
TESballer

Thanks for the comments!
Update: Odyssey O2 F.A.S.O.R. Animation oooo look at the colors

edit:

If someone wants to use the animation for anything else, but this thread, PM me first please.

Last edited by TESballer : 05-10-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:05 AM #12
TESballer

Update:

Updated FAQ's on QEV question.

Part Labels

Old 05-29-2006, 11:57 AM #13
Pb$4reak
I..I feel like a monster!

hi umm yes i was just wondering y'know and well uh...why hasn't this been stickied?
sticky this or someone will be locked in a barrel full of ticks.
awesome information, man. luv it.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:59 AM #14
jayrd21

jayrd21 plays in the PSP
jayrd21 supports Cereal Killerz 2
jayrd21 supports Team VICIOUS
jayrd21 supports Pev's Paintball
jayrd21 plays in the APPA D4 division
jayrd21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
anyone know where to get a lighter main spring?? for the 02
Old 07-18-2006, 01:02 AM #15
Dr. Kevorkian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrd21
anyone know where to get a lighter main spring?? for the 02
Check around the Dragun forum or email alamocity. When ACP's delrin ram came out there was a lot of talk about lighter springs.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:22 AM #16
aggiebrandon

This is great information!!

Does anyone know where I can order spare parts for my O2? I've tried visiting Odyssey's site recently to find some nasty place holder. I would like to replace the tubing in the gun as well as the wire to the eye. At same point putting my gun back together,I managed to crimp the wire going to the eye so the eye no longer works. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by aggiebrandon : 12-03-2006 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:37 PM #17
Crypticcorpse

I can't find the hose from the low pressure reg to the trigger solenoid, and I could have put all the money I've spent on hoses toward a new gun. Is there anywhere to find Odyssey parts period? I've looked all over the web. Thanks Cryptic
Old 03-19-2007, 10:46 PM #18
litehwk356
Bawlsagna

Old FeedBack +9/-0
New FeedBack +7/-0
Odyssey Legion #3
Old 03-20-2007, 03:16 PM #19
magik
Sleep?

Annual Supporting Member
magik is a Supporting Member
This is stickied under the FAQ. Open your eyes!
Old 04-09-2007, 02:09 AM #20
tonkpils707

can a dragun or odessy board fit in a rex type-r