Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-13-2006, 09:49 PM #22
Greatest ION

Greatest ION plays in the PSP
Greatest ION is an NCPA player
Greatest ION plays in the APPA D3 division
When the balls break observe where the paint starts. If it is in the breech (significantly not just a little splatter) then the barrel is not the problem. If not its obviously what this guy said above about that stock barrel. If it is in the breech here's a trick. Turn eyes off and shoot rapidly and break a few balls. i know it sounds insane, but it will work. Then take gun apart and see if there is paint on the underpart of eye slot or on the eyes themselves. If so your break is occuring before or during the balls passing through the detents and it has to be either detents or bolt to paint relationship (the latter is almost never ever a problem, especially if you are not shooting brittle paint) Anyway, if the eyes are clean it is the sft o-ring or possibly, but unlikely that the paint is ginormous and wont fit through breech well. I know this because my ring was contorted when i got my gun and i broke paint. I fixed it and then my eyes wouldnt work a few weeks later. I took the gun apart and the eys were covered in paint. I concluded my rubber nubs, which looked very misformed and frayed were the clupret. Also when observing the angle of the holes the eyes peep through it is impossible for paint to pertrude the hole from in front of the detents ;-)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2006, 11:35 PM #23
whisper78
Chicago

Smile We're in business

So after everyones' advice I ordered a package of orings and a pair of kila detents. I went ahead and changed the detents first because I had a strong feeling that they were the cause of the breaks, especially after reading Greatest's post about significant splatter being a sign of breech rather than barrel breaks, and when I took the original ones out they were gunked up with paint and seemed deformed.

I threw the kila's in, loaded up a hopper, held my breath in hopes that my problem would be gone, and let her rip.....

What happened next was that a s*** eatin' grin came across my face due to the stream of paintballs that spewed forth from the barrel in a perfect straight line until the hopper was emptied.

My buddy who was present then responded with, "Sold...I'm so gettin' one of those..." lol

We went through a half case of paint with not a single break... it was great...

So thanks for the input everyone. I more than appreciate it. I can't wait to play...
Old 11-23-2006, 11:40 PM #24
Whoelse
Spray and Pray

glad you solved your problem. it must have been real frustrating.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:40 PM #25
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
Glad to hear the Kila's solved your problem. Happy shooting.

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Old 11-24-2006, 01:12 AM #26
jakiechan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper78 View Post

What happened next was that a s*** eatin' grin came across my face due to the stream of paintballs that spewed forth from the barrel in a perfect straight line...

bon appetite

cool that u fixed it, i had constant barrel breaks as well last week, just got around to installing some spring detents and i hope that help as well!