PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-30-2006, 10:31 PM #337
rlapid2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsnnappy View Post
From what i see scandal traded out with alex and then played on and shot bc causing sebban out and played on
QFT
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2006, 10:40 PM #338
qdogg23
I'm a Beaner *rz

qdogg23 is a Supporting Member
look at that joy lost
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttbcdRi1R8Q&eurl=
Old 10-30-2006, 10:56 PM #339
fds (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qdogg23 View Post
just posted that
Old 10-30-2006, 10:59 PM #340
WorrGamR2k1
Earns Money Sleeping

has been a member for 10 years
WorrGamR2k1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorrGamR2k1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
And with that video, E-money loses all credibility...
Old 10-30-2006, 11:40 PM #341
bhskins05 (Banned)

If refs didn't make a call that they aren't allowed to make, then Joy would have won. However Dynasty could not legally hang the flag with the calls that had been made, unless they were overturned. The only way Dynasty could have won is if one of their players were in still, or Joy players were called for wiping to end the game, neither of which happened....
Old 10-31-2006, 12:02 AM #342
NuVision
Team NuVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhskins05 View Post
If refs didn't make a call that they aren't allowed to make, then Joy would have won. However Dynasty could not legally hang the flag with the calls that had been made, unless they were overturned. The only way Dynasty could have won is if one of their players were in still, or Joy players were called for wiping to end the game, neither of which happened....
QFT.

i dont care who you support or who shot who. the point is the refs called BC out. BC raised his hand. Sebban overshot/got shot or w/e to get out. all players dead. where is the flag hang? field refs can't make that call. it's in the psp/nxl rules. look it up.

Silver and Red NXT Shocker
Old 10-31-2006, 12:23 AM #343
ilovethenerve
novice

this would be nppl buddy....
Old 10-31-2006, 12:30 AM #344
Musashi20

Ir3Mike6909

"For those of you who sare saying "Joy played on and cheated" let me ask HOW? Sebban never got his band pulled and scandal shot BC and traded out with him. And that paintball weekly video ****t is the most retarded thing ive ever seen. That guy on the video is just some ignorant assshole who has a biased opinion for dynasty. He says things like this is what actually happened like he knows from the video. Weve all watched the lucky paintball footage so what makes that idiot on paintball weekly's opinion so valuable?"

Actually Scandal shot at Alex and either got shot first or traded. Then continued into the snake and shot at BC. Armbands are not the end all be all of paintball calls. If a ref is in the process of calling you out then you're out even if your armband is still on. That's right in the rules. That guy in the video didn't say for sure that is what happened. He said that was his opinion. He was also on the 30 yrd line snake side watching as it happened. He wasn't watching a fuzzy youtube video.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:47 AM #345
teusch40

teusch40 is a Supporting Member
you guys probably have already have talked about this, but i just found it.

Lucky Video

at 6:30 you can here the ref call "your out, both of you" meaning BC and the first joy guy (the one the got overshot point blank by a playing on BC, that in one of the other vids they show him taking a hit going into the snake), then you can here BC marker shoot sebban, i think, first, after his armband is off.

Dynasty is the kind of role models i want my son looking up to...
Send me a friend request if you want to game!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Editor-in-Chief of PS3Evolved - If you own a PS3 this is what you should be reading!
Editor on 360Evolved - Your source for all Xbox 360!
Writer on Platform Nation - United we Game!
Action Acres Paintball
Old 10-31-2006, 01:22 AM #346
feared

Just listen to the reffs choice of words...
first Scandel and Fragie...
"your out" Meaning one of them, and he pulls Fragie's arm band.

Then Scandel and BC
"your both out" meaning both of them.

Just by the reffs own words this means that Scandel was alive to trade out with BC. The reff doesn't yell one 4 one, or do the arm pumping thingy, as if Scandel played on.

I don't see how you can interpret this any other way.

Sebban is still alive and wins game. There is no way that a dead player, like Fragie or BC should be allowed to grab or shoot at Sebban. The only penalty should be on Dynasty.

Now I can see how people will say, it was a bad call and there is nothing we can do. In a normal game that would be true. But this is the pro finals, and the ref went from "draw" to "dynasty wins" with the wrong info. This is more about Improper ruleing then trying to reverse a bad call.

There has been president for changing scores, when rules had been broken. I see no difference with this case. Rules were broken by the reffs and the call should be reversed.

TEAM MAUI BUILT
Old 10-31-2006, 09:38 AM #347
bigman1416
Make'n you look good!

bigman1416 is a Paintball photographer
bigman1416 is playing at Living Legends III
Agreed the refs never made the 1 4 1 calls because they didn't see any credible hit until they got in to check them (that happens alot). **** goes down hill when another Joy player runs in on it for a run through shoots a player who should have been off the field and may have been live and another Dy players holds him back... The holding by another player right there is atleast a 1 4 1 regardless of any calls. Joy got it the refs called it right in the begining but didn't clear the field causing this mess and terrible calls resulted.
Officially Against the .50 "Revolution"
Don't believe the hype, not new, not the fix.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:57 AM #348
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teusch40 View Post
Dynasty is the kind of role models i want my son looking up to...
I hear ya. I have no respect for Dynasty at all.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
Old 10-31-2006, 10:38 AM #349
OpieP

This may have been posted, but im afraid i dont have the time to read all 17 pages. Seems to me alex should have gotten a physical contact penalty regardless.
Un-Cut Pride.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:24 AM #350
Musashi20

Allowed...

So does this mean that I'm allowed to play on as long as the ref doesn't know I'm hit? There are multiple refs that were on those players as the event was happening. They didn't have time to check and make sure everything was legit because it happened too fast. That's why they had to go back and think it through slower. What happens if one ref calls clean and one calls hit? It has happened before if you watch any paintball dvd. There are always players complaining about one ref saying one thing and another saying something else. I guess this should just be left to what the call is. Opinions will always be opinions. The only people who know 100% are Dynasty and Joy.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:00 PM #351
feared

A player is responsible for checking himself, and just because one ref thought he was clean it doesn't mean another didn't see the hit. It happened to our team at OC. Although on a close call like that, where the player is not sure who shot who first, you always wait for the ref to pull you. If they think you are out too they will call you. I've never seen that called 1 4 1 unless you just keep running around shooting people. Scandel only slid into the next bunker, and the ref didn't pull him, so he thought he was clean.
So if after thinking about it the refs decided Scandel traded with Fragie that would leave BC and Sebban still live.
Now Sebban comes in gets physical contact from Fragie and trades with BC.
In this case it's a draw, with a penalty on Dynasty. I don't know if it would be enough to give Joy the win, but it's at least a draw.

Goes to a 1 on 1 to decide.....

No other way to look at it

TEAM MAUI BUILT
Old 10-31-2006, 12:03 PM #352
Ir3Mike6909

Ok now that weve heard everyone on pbnations opinion does anyone have any updated word? Like did NPPL ever respond to that black guy who owns joy's letter? who cares what everyones opinion is WE ALL KNOW JOY GOT FUCCKED OVER! How about no one else post anymore useless opinions i wanna hear the actual NEWS
Old 10-31-2006, 12:04 PM #353
<("<)
One Among the Fence

<("<) is a Supporting Member
Wow the amount of people who care so much about teams they don't play on is astounding. "Dynasty is the kind of role models I want my son looking up to"? Jesus Christ man, BC did the same thing every sane person would have done.
Just give it up guys, there's no use in bickering back and forth about useless **** like this. The NPPL will not reverse the call, and they shouldn't. If you don't understand why, you shouldn't even be in this argument.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:04 PM #354
Michaud12 (Banned)
3 bans and still kicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpieP View Post

This may have been posted, but im afraid i dont have the time to read all 17 pages. Seems to me alex should have gotten a physical contact penalty regardless.

ya ur right, alex shpuld have kicked him in the nuts instead
Old 10-31-2006, 12:10 PM #355
kangaroodent
Rodenté

kangaroodent is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi20 View Post
So does this mean that I'm allowed to play on as long as the ref doesn't know I'm hit? There are multiple refs that were on those players as the event was happening. They didn't have time to check and make sure everything was legit because it happened too fast. That's why they had to go back and think it through slower. What happens if one ref calls clean and one calls hit? It has happened before if you watch any paintball dvd. There are always players complaining about one ref saying one thing and another saying something else. I guess this should just be left to what the call is. Opinions will always be opinions. The only people who know 100% are Dynasty and Joy.
Of course you can play on if the ref doesn't know you're hit. That's called good cheating. And who ever said we were doubting that it was confusing? No one! In fact, that entire element is integral to Joy supporters arguments: In the midst of it, armbands were pulled, players were sent to the deadbox, BUT THEN! they didn't go, and some of them suddenly weren't pulled again. How do you think that that might have impacted the decision of the final Joy player to run down the snake, just as a failsafe? How would the game have played out if he knew that there was actually still a guy left, and that the many many hits on him didn't count?

Those are the reasons why judges can't just retract their calls in the middle of the game, and worse, punish the opposite team for their own mistakes.

Feedback
Old 10-31-2006, 12:17 PM #356
feared

Plus NPPL has changed things after the fact before. Look at how Dynasty div 2 got Ballistic's ( I think it was them ) first place points taken away. Oh wait snap.... they did it when it helped a Dynasty team, but not now. Looks even worse.

TEAM MAUI BUILT
Old 10-31-2006, 12:20 PM #357
<("<)
One Among the Fence

<("<) is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feared View Post
Plus NPPL has changed things after the fact before. Look at how Dynasty div 2 got Ballistic's ( I think it was them ) first place points taken away. Oh wait snap.... they did it when it helped a Dynasty team, but not now. Looks even worse.
link?