Did the they make the right call? - Page 15 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Did they make the right call?
Yes (Dynasty Supporter) 255 26.56%
Yes (Joy Supporter) 139 14.48%
No (Dynasty Supporter) 215 22.40%
No (Joy Supporter) 351 36.56%
Voters: 960. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-28-2006, 08:11 AM #295
Breikin

Cole has a hit ,Joy snake player also have a hit..=OK

Cole HAVE A HIT and his ARMBAND IS OFF
But he is still shooting.. eeh? isint that 1-4-1 and another 1-4-1.

And what is Fraige doing? Touching a player should give 1-4-1
And how about that 3 GAME SUSPENSION.

Last edited by Breikin : 10-28-2006 at 09:37 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2006, 08:13 AM #296
Breikin

x
Old 10-28-2006, 09:58 AM #297
Breikin

NPPL rule book: 21.3
Three-game suspension:
2.Physical contact during during or after that does not result in injury
Old 10-28-2006, 12:42 PM #298
Ebladesss
You's cold as ice

For the ****ing record... that was malicious... if he didn't put his hopper infront of his face and neck... BC would have been lying on the ground
Old 10-28-2006, 01:07 PM #299
Xarvaz
Um, Riiiight....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebladesss View Post
For the ****ing record... that was malicious... if he didn't put his hopper infront of his face and neck... BC would have been lying on the ground
Are you serious? Oh yea, sure. Not like pros cant take a few extra balls.

He was still breaking the rules. And im not saying sebban's actions were 100% correct but still. BC was imo breaking more rules during that particular scene.

www.stallions.se
www.paintball.se
Old 10-28-2006, 01:08 PM #300
seeds00
urkel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarvaz View Post
Are you serious? Oh yea, sure. Not like pros cant take a few extra balls.

He was still breaking the rules. And im not saying sebban's actions were 100% correct but still. BC was imo breaking more rules during that particular scene.
shut up scrub seriously. let all this crap die. dynasty won. joy can go shoot some more reballs in the mountains and come back next season. its not even that big of a deal.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:09 PM #301
Breikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeds00 View Post
shut up scrub seriously. let all this crap die. dynasty won. joy can go shoot some more reballs in the mountains and come back next season. its not even that big of a deal.
Mountains?? whatever..
Not a big deal?? just 25000d and "wrong" team won the NPPL

Im noy saying its Dynastys fault, Its the refs wrong and mostly Perez

Last edited by Breikin : 10-28-2006 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:15 PM #302
CraigAL32

has been a member for 10 years
CraigAL32 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Class act there Christ Crew, Um I think your member ship was just revoked with that remark. Please turn in your ID Card to you know who.
You do know BC put 2 shots into his neck right, oh no you did not know that.

Owner of the Annihilators and one of the original founding players.
One of the founding players for Miami Rage 1994-1997
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Florid...s/377685150910
http://www.floridapaintballing.com
Boogie Fan #1
Old 10-29-2006, 01:32 AM #303
livewire_101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breikin View Post
Cole has a hit ,Joy snake player also have a hit..=OK

Cole HAVE A HIT and his ARMBAND IS OFF
But he is still shooting.. eeh? isint that 1-4-1 and another 1-4-1.

And what is Fraige doing? Touching a player should give 1-4-1
And how about that 3 GAME SUSPENSION.
im guessing that that is the only video that you have sceen. if you watch from pbstar the joy player clearly trades out with fragie ( he is shot once in the pack and once in the shoulder, but plays on and tries to trade with BC. thats what we call a 1 for 1 and all joy players are gone. dynasty wins.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:38 AM #304
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by livewire_101 View Post
im guessing that that is the only video that you have sceen. if you watch from pbstar the joy player clearly trades out with fragie ( he is shot once in the pack and once in the shoulder, but plays on and tries to trade with BC. thats what we call a 1 for 1 and all joy players are gone. dynasty wins.
WRONG!

All joy and dynasty players are gone and it goes to a one-for-one.

Since both Dynasty players get their bands pulled, and no playing on penalty was called on the last Joy player, there is *ABSOLUTELY NO WAY* for Dynasty to get the win. Period. Read the rules. It's not possible. Dynasty getting the win without playing the one-on-one was an error.

- Chris
Old 10-29-2006, 11:32 AM #305
Ebladesss
You's cold as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigAL32 View Post
Class act there Christ Crew, Um I think your member ship was just revoked with that remark. Please turn in your ID Card to you know who.
You do know BC put 2 shots into his neck right, oh no you did not know that.
Hey... go pound sand pal
and nobody can call Raehl out for that statement... hes absolutely right
Old 10-29-2006, 11:37 AM #306
Fargbollen
WDP certified airtech

raehl is absolutely right.

I don't know how many times in the week following the tournament that I've suggested that people actually read the rules before commenting on this incident. And it is UNBELIEVABLE how many still don't and still believe they can sell their own pitch on this (as in the not very bright "the call was right/ Yay Dynasty!").

Fact: Perez did in fact not follow the NPPL rulebook making those calls and avoiding to make quite a few unpleasant calls against Dyansty.
Fact: It does not look good for the series when one team is reffed a lot harder than their opposition in the finals.
The conspiracy theory?: I don't really believe in it although I can see the points made by those who do. Let's say the other refs and the series aren't really to blame, Dan Perez made a faulty call that could very easily be seen as biased, perhaps even grossly biased. Whether this was really the case or not, at this point only a complete moron would still not accept that the ruling was faulty. Only a complete moron would not get how this will affect the series long term, with less repect for refs, the rulebook and the series as a whole. Now if you don't care, then sure, go ahead, try to hush this down with stupid remarks.

BTW. To those few who STILL try to quiet this down. You need to get into your heads that Joy still has the 6 game suspension hanging over them. If you want this to "just die", then make a fight with NPPL for them to not get this obviously uinfair penalty. Because for them, and for us, this will never rest until that is revoked. Making NPPL drop the penalty will be a good first step for this to settle down.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Angel One.

Last edited by Fargbollen : 10-29-2006 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:00 PM #307
Fargbollen
WDP certified airtech

Quote:
Not from about 7 shots on him it wouldn't.
Do you actually play paintball? I've shot up and been shot up way worse than that and it's no big deal, it happens on any given training day, any given sunday, especially for a pro player like BC. If anything was hurt it was his ego, not his body. The Malicius intent would be in play if Sebban hunted down a Dynasty player that was leaving the field and giving him a hoppers' woth of paint. That clearly did not happen. Instead he gunned down a player unwilling to leave the field although he'd had his armband pulled, a player taking a bead on him and shooting repeatedly.

BC levelled his gun on Sebban with his armband off (penalty) and shot him repeatedly (penalty and suspension). So how do you mean the shooting was malicious? Or *gasp* are you implying the rules should apply differently to Dynasty than other teams? I think that is exactly what you're saying.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:01 PM #308
Kjeti Kjønli

Quote:
Shut the f#"# up self, go go go JOY, you won, dynasty robbed your money!

Stavanger Mayhem Norway
Old 10-29-2006, 12:12 PM #309
Fargbollen
WDP certified airtech

Quote:
its not even that big of a deal.
Yes it really is.
If it's not that big of a deal to you, then why are YOU still making a fuzz over it? I suggest you leave this discussion to those who feel it is a big deal, regardless of opinion.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:32 PM #310
CraigAL32

CraigAL32 plays in the APPA beginner division
Anyone watch the ESPN2 Smart Part series this week?

If you did you would see BC talk himself out of another trade out. BC gets gogged and hit in the side but is allowed to play EVEN AFTER a Judge called him out. Alex gets benefit of the doubt on 2 other situations during this same series.

Shows a recent history of getting refs to change their ruling ON THE FIELD. Sure refs make bad calls and everyone else is expected to live by it but not Dynasty. BC talked himself out of a hit plain and simple.

He did the same to Joy.

Owner of the Annihilators and one of the original founding players.
One of the founding players for Miami Rage 1994-1997
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Florid...s/377685150910
http://www.floridapaintballing.com
Boogie Fan #1
Old 10-30-2006, 07:18 AM #311
niceshot009

lol...on that smart parts thing, the announcer said BC used his "jedi mind tricks" on the ref for that call

maybe he was practicing for when he used it at OC...lol

EX D.C. Monstars
UMD TERP Alum
R.I.P Black Label
R.I.P Descent Legion
Old 11-01-2006, 08:57 PM #312
InterstellarCowboy
Logic Prevails!

InterstellarCowboy is a Supporting Member
Let me see if I understand the ins and outs of the situation:
-Fraige gets taken out of snake by Joy player. That looks clean as the hit is noticeable on Fraige's left shoulder before Fraige could have even had a shot against the Joy player.
-Joy moves up the snake.
-BC dives into snake and shoots at the Joy player, while at the same time the Joy player shoots at BC. Too close to call who got who first and both are out.
-BC's armband is removed, thus making him a neutral player.
-Joy's armband is removed by the same ref
-Joy comes up along snake, shooting at the ref/Fraige/BC/Joy crowd...lol, nailing the ref, hitting BC after his armband was removed.
-Joy moves between the group settled around and continues to fire at BC (what is he waiting for, a ref to come over and remove his band?).
-He continues to hit BC about 8 times and then moves on. While BC was out for about 3-4 seconds already and the ref was in the group that the Joy player was hitting.

The other Joy player even recognizes the problem and you can see him put his hand over his head as the Joy player moves on to Dynasty's end. Everything looked fine for a Joy victory if the other player had not moved up along snake.

Observations:
-I do not see any hit on BC as he dove into snake.
-Fraige doesn't continue firing after he is hit on the shoulder, he re-shoulders, but never fires, he stops as soon as the ref calls him out and comes over to take his armband off.
-Cole never makes a shot after his band is taken off.
-One, two, three, four, heck even five shots is fine. When the player has to stop in order to take more shots at a very close range even when he sees that the paint has broken and there are refs everywhere, that to me is malicious intent. I don't care if "its paintball dude, get over it" his intent was not to signal the player was out, it was something else. Since I can't get into his head at that time, I'll have to go on my observation and that seems malicious.

My personal verdict:
The assessment of the situation was correct, the ruling was not.
The refs should have given a one-for-one. Since Dynasty at that point had already technically lost, giving them another shot at the title with a 1 for 1 would have been justified. Making a complete 180 and making a loss a win due to the actions of a single player seems a bit much. Plus it would have been cool as hell to have had a 1 for 1 at the last game of the series with that much on the line. Oh well...the call is over. The best we can hope for is the NPPL to remove the suspension (that I agree is completely uncalled for).
"And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1925019
Old 11-02-2006, 03:39 AM #313
Fargbollen
WDP certified airtech

Although I fully agreee with your end conclusion, I do feel there are certain details you missed that needs to be filled in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterstellarCowboy View Post
Let me see if I understand the ins and outs of the situation:
-Fraige gets taken out of snake by Joy player. That looks clean as the hit is noticeable on Fraige's left shoulder before Fraige could have even had a shot against the Joy player.
-Joy moves up the snake.
-BC dives into snake and shoots at the Joy player, while at the same time the Joy player shoots at BC. Too close to call who got who first and both are out.
-BC's armband is removed, thus making him a neutral player.
-Joy's armband is removed by the same ref
Actually, no Joy armband was removed until after the game had been stopped. It's on tape and in several pictures that both Joy players still have their armbands on when the game is stopped.

Quote:
-Joy comes up along snake, shooting at the ref/Fraige/BC/Joy crowd...lol, nailing the ref, hitting BC after his armband was removed.
-Joy moves between the group settled around and continues to fire at BC (what is he waiting for, a ref to come over and remove his band?).
This is why, and it makes a huge difference if it can be deemed as malicious or not: Sebban fires again because BC (with no armband) has raised his gun at him and starts lighting him up. Sebban is hit in the mask and on the shoulder by BC, a total of 4-5 hits. When BC levels his gun at Sebban is clearly visible in the pictures taked by pbstar. It is also clearly visible he tracks Sebban with the gun when he moves past him. And both pictures, videos and refs all agree Sebban was clean coming in. He's far from clean coming out with his goggle and shoulder clearly marked by repeated hits and as the pics show that's clearly BC shooting him up.

Quote:
-He continues to hit BC about 8 times and then moves on. While BC was out for about 3-4 seconds already and the ref was in the group that the Joy player was hitting.

The other Joy player even recognizes the problem and you can see him put his hand over his head as the Joy player moves on to Dynasty's end. Everything looked fine for a Joy victory if the other player had not moved up along snake.

Observations:
-I do not see any hit on BC as he dove into snake.
-Fraige doesn't continue firing after he is hit on the shoulder, he re-shoulders, but never fires, he stops as soon as the ref calls him out and comes over to take his armband off.
-Cole never makes a shot after his band is taken off.
Yes he does. See pbstar pics of Sebban having hits on his mask. That's Dynasty color paint on him. He has no hit on him, definitely clean goggle coming in, as can clearly be seen in other pbstar pics and video.

Quote:
-One, two, three, four, heck even five shots is fine. When the player has to stop in order to take more shots at a very close range even when he sees that the paint has broken and there are refs everywhere, that to me is malicious intent.
Not when BC (with no armband) is shooting at him. That's why Sebban comes back to make sure a second time and all he does is keep shooting until BC gives up and stops shooting back. You can even see BC pulling the trigger, shooting one-handed at Sebban in one of the videos as Sebban shoots him again.

Quote:
I don't care if "its paintball dude, get over it" his intent was not to signal the player was out, it was something else. Since I can't get into his head at that time, I'll have to go on my observation and that seems malicious.

My personal verdict:
The assessment of the situation was correct, the ruling was not.
The refs should have given a one-for-one. Since Dynasty at that point had already technically lost, giving them another shot at the title with a 1 for 1 would have been justified. Making a complete 180 and making a loss a win due to the actions of a single player seems a bit much. Plus it would have been cool as hell to have had a 1 for 1 at the last game of the series with that much on the line. Oh well...the call is over. The best we can hope for is the NPPL to remove the suspension (that I agree is completely uncalled for).
Apart from those, as you probably would agree, rahter important little details I say the same. It should have been a 1 - on - 1.

Last edited by Fargbollen : 11-02-2006 at 03:46 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:12 AM #314
Fargbollen
WDP certified airtech

Here's some more controversy for you:

So, let's say I hang a flag with a hit on my pack. What happens? The NPPL rules state that the player is eliminated and there is a re-hang by the next live player. If there are any live players and game time left that is.
So then, why didn't that happen when Ryan Greenspan hung the flag in game 1 of the finals? Just asking...

This puts the whole final in a different light. I'm not saying this is a definite, but what if... Dynasty didn't really win Game 1 either?

Still think the refs were unbiased? Yeah, right.

Last edited by Fargbollen : 11-08-2006 at 03:18 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:25 AM #315
TeamShellShock
Collect All 16!

TeamShellShock is a Supporting Member
TeamShellShock supports our troops
TeamShellShock is a Forum Captain
you do know that he was hit in the mask the first game right?