Old 10-26-2006, 12:58 AM #22
akinas2k
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD9940
THIS is what I belive happened.
There is also a key so I can better explain what happened IMO
JD1= Joy player that bunkered Fragie
JD2= Other remaining Joy player (Sebban I believe)

BC- Brian Cole (duh)
AF -Alex Fragie (tricky huh?)
Here we go:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since JD1 was shot by Fraige when he attempted to bunker him, the INITIAL call was to leave JD1 in. However I belive that call was overturned when the Judges discussed the part of the game. Since JD1 probably felt the hits, and continued to play and eventually shoot BC, the judges deemed it necessary to penalize JD1.

BC did have his armband pulled after jumping into the snake, but I think the reffs overturned that call along with the call to deem JD1 "clean" while he was CLEARLY out after bunkering AF.
So after reviewing the play (lol NFL referee quote) the NPPL referees decided to call JD1 out, AF out, BC clean, and JD2 clean.

But since JD1 was ruled out after review/conference and continued to shoot his gun, the 3-for-1 was assessed and the pull and hang awarded to Dynasty

I am a Dynasty fan, but I wrote this as a partial paintball fan trying to get to the bottom of this mess.
And I as said this a WHOLE bunch of times earlier this is just my opinion, and I am still entitled to that.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2006, 01:33 AM #23
bleda
MN Underground '09

bleda plays in the PSP
bleda is for the Gunfight
bleda supports Bob Gurnsey
bleda supports Sherwood Forest
bleda supports our troops
bleda plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by akinas2k
Originally Posted by JD9940
THIS is what I belive happened.
There is also a key so I can better explain what happened IMO
JD1= Joy player that bunkered Fragie
JD2= Other remaining Joy player (Sebban I believe)

BC- Brian Cole (duh)
AF -Alex Fragie (tricky huh?)
Here we go:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since JD1 was shot by Fraige when he attempted to bunker him, the INITIAL call was to leave JD1 in. However I belive that call was overturned when the Judges discussed the part of the game. Since JD1 probably felt the hits, and continued to play and eventually shoot BC, the judges deemed it necessary to penalize JD1.

BC did have his armband pulled after jumping into the snake, but I think the reffs overturned that call along with the call to deem JD1 "clean" while he was CLEARLY out after bunkering AF.
So after reviewing the play (lol NFL referee quote) the NPPL referees decided to call JD1 out, AF out, BC clean, and JD2 clean.

But since JD1 was ruled out after review/conference and continued to shoot his gun, the 3-for-1 was assessed and the pull and hang awarded to Dynasty

I am a Dynasty fan, but I wrote this as a partial paintball fan trying to get to the bottom of this mess.
And I as said this a WHOLE bunch of times earlier this is just my opinion, and I am still entitled to that.
Actually you are NOT entitled to that as you cant have an opinion on something that is fact. Thats like saying i have an opinion the sky is red and I am entitled to that. They can not retroactively yank a player and penalize him for playing on when the ref clearly saw the action and did not eliminate him. He was a live player. BC was shot by JD2, not JD1 in the wrist, he was gone before he even jumped into the snake thus it doesnt matter what JD1 did/didnt do as BC played on aswell which would have ment that JD would get the pull and hang as AF was out and dynasty did not have the bodies to assess the penalty. In the end no matter which way you look at it at worst joy would have had no guys left but would still get the pull and hang thanks to BC playing on.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:43 AM #24
JD9940
Forever an AA's Fan

JD9940 supports Cereal Killerz 2
JD9940 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
JD9940 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
JD9940 plays in the APPA D4 division
JD9940 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleda
Actually you are NOT entitled to that as you cant have an opinion on something that is fact.
whatever you say President Bush
lol

But I'm pretty sure BC was shot by JD1 before JD2 came in and blew eveyone to bits

Action Star Games
Old 10-26-2006, 02:39 AM #25
Musashi20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleda
Actually you are NOT entitled to that as you cant have an opinion on something that is fact. Thats like saying i have an opinion the sky is red and I am entitled to that. They can not retroactively yank a player and penalize him for playing on when the ref clearly saw the action and did not eliminate him. He was a live player. BC was shot by JD2, not JD1 in the wrist, he was gone before he even jumped into the snake thus it doesnt matter what JD1 did/didnt do as BC played on aswell which would have ment that JD would get the pull and hang as AF was out and dynasty did not have the bodies to assess the penalty. In the end no matter which way you look at it at worst joy would have had no guys left but would still get the pull and hang thanks to BC playing on.
The opinion is not based on fact. If it were indeed fact then the argument wouldn't be happening and the forum wouldnt' exist. The point is that there is speculation and educated guesses. Only the players really know what happened and sometimes they don't even know. Many say that JD1 was shot before bunkering Alex, this is a 1 for 1 eliminating JD2 because JD1 continued to play in the snake. Some say that Alex shot JD1 after JD1 shot him. This would be the same call but on the reverse team. The photos make it look like the JD1 player did get hit on his way to bunkering Alex. There is no way to know this 100%. IMO, I highly doubt that the JD1 player didn't get shot by Alex, give me a break. It was at the very least an exchange. Either way both teams will support their own theory. At this point that is all it is. Lets just let this die.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:58 AM #26
andreb
Brasil's Most Wanted

andreb is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
This is a very interresting post. The majority of the other posts were postes just moments before theB star video was realeased or at least before most people were able do download it and watch it.

Anyways, the thread starter is, in my opinion, correct whan describing the events and the order at which they happened.

Yes the first JD player eliminated Alex Fraige and this same JD player was shot (probably by BC) while doing that. Not gonna argue about who shot who first because it was as typical to close to call situation in which normally both players are pulled.

However in this case the JD player was left in the game basically because the ref didn't see the paint in his left shoulder since he dove in the snake as soon as he ran by Alex Fraige and then crouched with his left side against the bunker.

At this point Alex is up and his armband has been removed but the JD player is alive and has his arm band and is just crouching there behind the snake. Now comes BC flying and eliminates the JD snake player and getting eliminated himself in the process in another too close to call situation.

At this point BC and the JD snake player both have their armbands removed being OFFICIALLY dead.

Now there is one player alive on the field. He is clean and has his armband on and he plays for JD.

At this point this guy could have just ran passed everyone while they were arguing, picked up the flag and that would be it. Joy wins with one alive.

The problem is that this is a pretty important game so he takes no chances (and that is fine considering what is at stake). He decides to run past the 3 players and the 2 refs and basically blasts everyone. You can see on the video that the first one to get hit by his paintballs is Fraige, he get 4 or 5 shots in the left thigh. The JD player then turns his gun in and shoots a couple of shots at his teamate which can be seen getting hit in the PBStar video and next in line of course is BC who also gets shot a couple of times.

Now things get messy as Alex Fraige pulls teh JD's player jersey and BC returns fire which causes teh JD player to light him up.

So who's fault is it?

Well, why the hell were 3 players all without armbands and 2 refs inside the field and on their feet behind one of the knots of the snake with their guns down arguing a call?

Someone failed to get these people out of there quickly. Had this been done probably the last player alive on the field (JD) would have simply checked the field and headed for the flag instead of blasting everyone just to make sure they were out.
www.bmwpaintball.com
Old 10-26-2006, 07:31 AM #27
baron von awesome

baron von awesome supports Cereal Killerz 2
There has been precedents of a result of a match being over turned after the game in other sports. This year in the AFL (australian football leauge) a team was awarded premiership points (series points) a week after the game ended. When the siren sounded to end the game the umpires didn't hear it and continued play alowing the trailing team to get a tie and get 2 premiership points they didn't deserve. The team that got screwed petioned the AFL and got the result over turned and recieved the full 4 points.

sorry for the long post but a win is a win. Magued you guys, your sponsors and reps from XSV (who were screwed aswell) should petition the NPPL to review the decision.

Congrats on what has been a great year. If you continue to improve like you have there's no stopping you guys next year.

proudly sponsored by a 40 hour working week
Old 10-26-2006, 09:14 PM #28
jayj
NN

jayj owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
jayj owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
and Alex Fraige playing on as well!

One more point never talked about.
Check out AF after Scandal bunkers him. Check the video that was recorded from the center.
AF immediately turns around and shoots at Sebban, the second JD player, from the snake. At that moment the ref takes his armband.
But still he is bunkered and he plays on!!
That's a not even a 1for1, that should be a 2 for 1.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:28 PM #29
Golden_Monkey
BB Productions

im ****ing tired of theese ****ing threads sure refs made a bad decision there human dynasty won and thats final no matter how much u ***** and mown they wont be winning oc
Old 10-26-2006, 10:50 PM #30
feared

Take a look at picture 6747 on www.blacklistphoto.com, you can see that after Fragi's arm band is removed, and he is standing up, he shoots the joy player in the back. You can clearly see he has no hit, and then Fragi points his gun, and bang new hit on his back.

Where is the 3 4 1 on Fragi for shooting after his arm band is removed.

TEAM MAUI BUILT
Old 10-27-2006, 06:51 PM #31
JD9940
Forever an AA's Fan

JD9940 supports Cereal Killerz 2
JD9940 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
JD9940 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
JD9940 plays in the APPA D4 division
JD9940 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by feared View Post
Take a look at picture 6747 on www.blacklistphoto.com, you can see that after Fragi's arm band is removed, and he is standing up, he shoots the joy player in the back. You can clearly see he has no hit, and then Fragi points his gun, and bang new hit on his back.

Where is the 3 4 1 on Fragi for shooting after his arm band is removed.
It's Fragie with an "e" at the end..
srry, I had to tell u

Action Star Games
Old 10-27-2006, 08:56 PM #32
Glazed_Donuts
#Penny4NASA

Annual Supporting Member
Glazed_Donuts owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I feel bad for Joy, I am a Dynasty fan and such. But I don't hate foreign teams for the fact that they are foreign. My favorite team is Russian Legion. Maximus said "They have homefield advantage" Or something of that nature, I think they have bitter feelings for U.S.A. now and that's a shame. I don't care what the outcome would have been, I just wished that the team that SHOULD have won, WOULD have one. I honestly am like dead 50/50 and I don't really know. I don't wish to be crude but I mean it's over and I doubt Joy will get grattitude even if the NPPL officials do later admit that they made a bad call. I mean like $20,000.00 is with Dynasty and I doubt they are going to send it to them with a note appologizing. The real thing here I believe, is that Joy shouldn't be mad at Dynasty, but the reffing. I mean the dominos may have fell Dynasty's way (I say may because like I said, I am 50/50, and rather to remain neutral in this situation.) but the real mistake was the refs calls. That could have went either way I believe, depending on seconds in which certain things happened. I mean if BC would have went a moment erlier or later, things could be more clear. I just don't know but I do feel bad for Joy because they make some valid points, and I think that suspension was a kick in the nuts on top of everything else.
*Sorry about the language*

Last edited by Glazed_Donuts : 10-27-2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:59 PM #33
pntbll309
Money Talks BS Walks.

pntbll309 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pntbll309 supports Team VICIOUS
pntbll309 supports Team VICIOUS
pntbll309 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
pntbll309 is Legendary
pntbll309 supports DLX Technology
making more useless threads, complaining wont change this.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:00 PM #34
Glazed_Donuts
#Penny4NASA

Annual Supporting Member
Glazed_Donuts owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pntbll309 View Post
making more useless threads, complaining wont change this.
Posting more useless post's. Read the threads, you will notice that not ALL of the replies are "B.S. that wasn't right, they should have WON!"
Old 10-28-2006, 11:56 AM #35
GoNexus1991

One thing that people must remember is that the joy player was not pulled for overshooting or what not. He was pulled because he "shot ofter acknoledging(sp) being hit". The thing is is that the joy player did not have his armband of until he was up and not shooting. Therefore, the penalty awarded had no base upon it and therefore the game sould have been joy's. If anything, fraige should have had a 3for1 for shooting the joy player in the back after being hit. Secondly, BC had his armband off when sebban shot him, and he shot back, therefore earning dynasty a second 3for1. There is no doubt in my mind that joy won, even though the points reflect otherwise.
I also think that the refs were "pushed" fo results when confering after the call. Also, ONLY the refs in the vecinity of the play sould have been discussing, because from other points on the field, refs WILL make mistakes. Nowm that is not saying that the refs that were there did not make a mistake, which they did, but when perez acts like he's all that and pretending that he's the man when telling joy that they lost, you really get a hint to the attitude of the league.
Draxxus Paintballs
Exalt Paintball
Old 10-28-2006, 12:17 PM #36
WeeMan1100 (Banned)

Joy Number 1 Woohoo
Old 10-28-2006, 12:37 PM #37
Hybrid-Stunna

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx-captain
So, I saw that video from PBFilms... the player who runs down the snake gets shot in the shoulder at the same time he shoots Fraige or even after he shoots him but definately before he dives into the snake... watch his inside shoulder at the 3:01 to 3:03 mark... you will see the paint flare off his inside shoulder, and when he dives and begins to crawl... you will see the mark left on his shoulder.

THIS is where the Dan Perez story breaks down though... even if the Joy player was hit after he shot Fraige, the ref didn't make an effort to pull the JD player's armband. As Cole comes over the snake... you see the Joy player miss under Cole's arm and the paint explodes on the ground by Cole's right knee.. then he shoots Cole's hopper twice on the tape side.

Anyways, in the meeting with Cole and Magued, Perez says that the first JD player was hit prior to bunkering Fraige (which is seen in the PBFilms video, but it appears that he was hit after bunkering Fraige but before he dives), yet the ref at the snake didn't make the call and pulled the band only on Fraige. THEN, the JD player exchanges with Cole and they deem the JD exchange as overshooting with malicious intent after he was dead.

My question is that I never saw a moment where the first JD player acknowledge that he was indeed hit, which is the grounds for the 3for1 penalty.. Second, the last JD player had no bearing on the call except to make the situation worse by shooting BC after BC was eliminated, was unable see who was still alive because he was blinded to the action by the bunkers as he approached, so he gave some to both Dynasty players.

This is for the ones that say Joy didn't cheat and play on!

My:Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1794621
Old 10-28-2006, 03:30 PM #38
The_Korean_Kid
K4 da 423

wow have you no common sense ^^^, that bust is from where fraige turns on him.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:08 PM #39
NewYorkES

Joy should've won...Alex was pulled and also grabbed the joy player so there should've been a penatly on alex...and one of the refs called Bc and the joy snake player both out if u listen to the pbstar vid

Last edited by NewYorkES : 10-28-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:13 AM #40
livewire_101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid-Stunna View Post
This is for the ones that say Joy didn't cheat and play on!
Bravo, i was looking for pics of the joy player who was hit.

because everyone is so excited to post there opinions i will do the same.

fragie and joy player 1 trade out, joy plays on getting a 1 for 1. there should be no more joy players left, so BC should be the last one left and wins. its realy that simple.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:45 AM #41
Hybrid-Stunna

Quote:
Originally Posted by livewire_101 View Post

fragie and joy player 1 trade out, joy plays on getting a 1 for 1. there should be no more joy players left, so BC should be the last one left and wins. its realy that simple.

Agreed!

My:Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1794621
Old 10-29-2006, 12:38 PM #42
Underfunded
Autonomous

Quote:
Originally Posted by livewire_101 View Post

And BC didn't play on?