PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-26-2006, 12:45 AM #1
Joelpaintball

Nppl oc reffing

Of course the most talked about event was the Joy and Dynasty game.However that only over shadowed the reffing on other fields.And before you torch me I understand the NPPL is doing a lot to fix the problem and not all reffing was bad.In fact most was pertty good.
With all that being said the poor reffing had a lot to do with the out come of the entire event for many teams.With teams staying away I wonder what effect poor reffing does and will have on future attendance?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2006, 11:36 AM #2
Vision646
Sniper Force

Vision646 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Yeah reffing was great until sunday,then refs were calling one for one's for stupid ****.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:49 PM #3
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
Fox4paintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
Fox4paintball plays in the PSP
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Fox4paintball plays in the APPA D4 division
It's a tough job.....Like any sport played by humans and reffed by humans - there are good calls and bad calls. Look at Baseball, Basketball, Football, etc....There are plenty of calls during a game that you think where great calls (tough decisions where the ref made the "Right" call) and there are plenty of calls where you wonder if the ref was watching the same game as you. It's even easier for us to be critical of the other sports reffing since they have instant replay.

I'd have to say that overall the reffing was fairly good at OC. What I was most frustrated by was the apparent rules change for how Semi-finals and finals would treat draws and while the new rule was discussed during the captains meeting it was not how the games where played on Sunday (much to our surprise and disappointment). The explaination was that the rules discussion was aimed at next year, not this event - why would anyone talk about future rules during the captains meeting for the current event - doesn't makes sense and seems to lead to a lot of confussion.

Oh well....That's paintball.....Had a blast - enjoyed the great weather....Came in third in DIII.

Dave Painter
Fox 4 Paintball
(hanging out with the guys from Friendly Fire Factory for the weekend)
Old 10-26-2006, 07:00 PM #4
Vision646
Sniper Force

Vision646 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
And I whole heartedly agree that it is a hard job, and they have my gratitude, it was just odd that the reffing was so great in prelims, but come sunday it was so different.