Old 10-22-2006, 09:51 AM #22
SpydyKid24

yea i heard about this last night
Old 10-22-2006, 09:52 AM #23
fAllout_oMen

fAllout_oMen donated to help Peyton Trent
fAllout_oMen helped look for balloons
fAllout_oMen is an NCPA player
There is alot of breakout modes going on.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:14 AM #24
shamu
Transplanted

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farside_Logan
chad got a 3 for 1 for getting rid of a hand hit. the ref got confused and pulled a 4 for 1... something that's hard to argue when you just got caught cheating.

-logan
the ref didn't get confused. One of the players he went to pull was hit before he got there, so that player didn't count towards the penalty.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:01 PM #25
810Chad810

810Chad810 is a Supporting Member
I'm not going to justify what I did or anything like that. Hiding a hit and wiping a hit are 2 different things and are 2 different penalties. I watched the video myself after that day. I did grab my arm where I felt I was shot then switch hands and shot the other way, in which a ref pulled a 4 for 1 after he had told me he was pulling a 2 for 1. After we set up the same situation to the scrutineer he said at most it would have been a 1 for 1 because it was hiding a hit and not completly taking it off. A 2 for 1 would have been given if it was at the end of the game and changed the out come of the game. Morale of the story Hiding/Wiping Hits does not pay off and is not worth it. We could have missed the cut because of this.

SoMich OG #3
Old 10-23-2006, 06:41 PM #26
geekyrocketguy

Ramping also doesn't pay off.
-_-

My Photo Site
Old 10-23-2006, 06:49 PM #27
Evosniper05

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyrocketguy
Ramping also doesn't pay off.
-_-
unless you were there and tested the gun...i would seriously not say ramping. the other guy said it kept shooting after he would stop....thats not ramping...thats run away guns aka bounce. big difference between bounce and ramping.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:53 PM #28
dandaman7715 (Banned)
MOUTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgp04cocker
I just asked and they said that one of the Chicago players wiped a hit off break causing a 3 for 1, and at the same time one of their players got shot so it had the appearance of a 4 for 1.

so technically that would be a 4 for 2
Old 10-23-2006, 09:16 PM #29
automagdude

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
automagdude owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
automagdude posts videos on PbNation
automagdude has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
automagdude has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
automagdude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
automagdude has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by fAllout_oMen
There is alot of breakout modes going on.

In this one tournamnet I saw the said 10 seconds so every takes their barrel plugs off and gets their gun ready. Then the refs yells GUNS DOWN GUNS DOWN ON THE GROUND. It was soo funny. They checked all the guns for cheater guns. Must of been a big problem that day or something. Didn't happen in the NPPL.

geekyrocketguy what was the result of your avatar or icon picutre?? Looks like he would land right on top of the guy. LOL
Old 10-23-2006, 09:40 PM #30
geekyrocketguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evosniper05
unless you were there and tested the gun...i would seriously not say ramping. the other guy said it kept shooting after he would stop....thats not ramping...thats run away guns aka bounce. big difference between bounce and ramping.
I know the difference between bounce and ramping. The guy would only be using one finger on the trigger, and yet the gun would be ripping faster than any other on the field. Plus, bounce wouldn't explain the tut tut tut tutututututut of the gun or the perfect consistancy of the shots. If you're in true semi-auto, your shots will not be totally consistant in the timing.

Plus, I saw more wipes by Evil than by any other team. I saw at least 4-5 of their games...
I don't hate people who wipe. I'm going to get flamed for this, but pretty much every serious tourney player wipes. But I do dislike people with illegal gun modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagdude
geekyrocketguy what was the result of your avatar or icon picutre?? Looks like he would land right on top of the guy. LOL
I don't know...I found this photo floating on the internet.

My Photo Site
Old 10-23-2006, 09:48 PM #31
furby37
Friendship4sale

Watched a Joy player switch modes,on top of the wild overshooting in the snake vs. XSV-that they didn't get called for.

Anything you've read here is MY opinion.Get your own.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:11 PM #32
Farside_Logan
Chicago Farside '07

Farside_Logan is a Professional paintball player
shamu - good lookin out.

chad - yea, i've definately seen refs go a tad overboard and pull 3 for 1's for things that were not deserving. i saw ntk get a 4 for 1 in HB over more or less the ref's ego. i really wish refs were more consistant in their calls. sometimes you just get pulled for playing on with a head hit, and others you get a 3 for 1 for playing on with a hand hit... eh, happens.

furby37 - can't say much about that as i don't know anyone who actually switches modes during a game. their guns shoot pretty fast for sure, but not to the point that i'd be willing to make any accusations. they do however bonus ball more than any other team we play, and every time we played them this year (with the exception of one game) they had at least one player check in with a hit. they are a very different team in a lot of aspects and i look forward to playing them in the future.

-logan
Old 10-24-2006, 03:44 PM #33
ragnar1 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEOGBOSS
evil must blow cause if u hav ta wipe off da break then may- b u should think bout how u iz playin
Chicago Evil > The way you spell
Ebola > The way you spell
Everything > The way you spell
Old 10-24-2006, 04:02 PM #34
mrmag911
Spam ftw!

mrmag911 plays in the APPA D4 division
Automagdude - We did that in the finals at the San Diego NPPL this year...on Sunday we had an inclination that one or both of the teams had break-out mode set and we did the 10 second warning, and 5 seconds later all the refs ran in to check the guns. Nothing was found, but hopefully it sets a tone.

Old Feedback: +40/-0
Old 10-24-2006, 04:18 PM #35
ChuckLove
Paintball?

Cheating had become part of the game (IMO) if you can get away with it, thats a skill. It should be fround apon, but at the same time, if you get away with it and it wins you into the finals or a championship its with it. (IMO) I noticed at Boston NPPL, that there was alot of teams using modes other then semi, like what seemed to be a descrete bounce or ramp. It was almost like they were firing too consistant at all times, its not the speed but the consistancy.

whos there

not your apex seals....."
Old 10-24-2006, 06:34 PM #36
mamo06 (Banned)
User title.

i was watching some d1 or 2 teams playing one one guy got so pissed! he threw pod 1 at ref and then threw pod 2 on ground, pod 3 on ground again and proceeded to jump on it and cussing ****ING HORRIBLE REFS!!!. i laughed.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:41 PM #37
robinsucks
It means Vicious

Annual Supporting Member
robinsucks is a Supporting Member
robinsucks is a founding member
robinsucks owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
robinsucks supports our troops
robinsucks has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
robinsucks is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamu
the ref didn't get confused. One of the players he went to pull was hit before he got there, so that player didn't count towards the penalty.
I wish that was true, but he told the team several times, "I only pulled three." He got confused because the video shows 4 being pulled.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:20 PM #38
MiaDvs
-Picris

MiaDvs owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
MiaDvs owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyrocketguy
-_-
Realistically, most do.
But the guy on Evil was BLATANTLY ramping.

speaking of BLATANTLY ABUSING RAMPING.... did any one see one of those divisional finals, a team shooting Egos... the back center was ramping insane... shot like a bat out of hell... uncaped ramping... next to a ref...