Did the they make the right call? - Page 2 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Did they make the right call?
Yes (Dynasty Supporter) 255 26.56%
Yes (Joy Supporter) 139 14.48%
No (Dynasty Supporter) 215 22.40%
No (Joy Supporter) 351 36.56%
Voters: 960. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-23-2006, 02:56 AM #22
cmesa

so... 3for1 or whatever the rulebook says. is it OK to hang the flag without an armband too? what does the rulebook say about that?

could be an exciting 2007 season. 14 players on the field just running for that flag from the deadbox.

it shouldve been a rematch or a 1vs1 or a f.. bbq

bc = bad call
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2006, 02:56 AM #23
Ag-Ryan˛
Jellymen

Ag-Ryan˛ donated to help Peyton Trent
Ag-Ryan˛ supports our troops
Ag-Ryan˛ is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB Reborn
If you are a judge on THIS level of a finals in the best leage in the world, where things will happen and misstakes like this can NOT be made. dont care if BC got shot before he got too the snake, but he was def shot when he went over the snake by the the JOY back player.plus the JOY snake player blasted him too, soo is hard fore the judges too get BC and the snake player of the field?? IT was a traid(spelling).
Its the judges job too make BC neutral, if the judges isnt doing that. HE was still in play!
so this is a wrong made call from the judges, what they say is final even if its a bad one.
i have seen worse incendents with overshoting. where the player was having his hand on he´s head and stil gets blasted away= No overshoting cal from the ref in that case.
refs dont really call players neutral anymore in the us (i dont know if they still do that in europe or not)

i could not really tell from watching the game, but from my eyes it looked liked it should have been a tie (1on1)

but regardless, that game was amazing, probably one of the best paintball games i have ever seen (especially since it was for the tournament and the series)
Old 10-23-2006, 03:30 AM #24
mett
5 Chickens from Hell

bs call. Don't know where I got that from. :S
Old 10-23-2006, 03:33 AM #25
jonleflar (Banned)

robbery...
Old 10-23-2006, 05:03 AM #26
Papa J

Of course it was the right call,,, if u r a biased ref....
Yeah BC was clearly hit several times b4 he dives in... he kept on playin so ofcourse he recieved some more paint.... whats the big deal???
3 -1 its just a robbery... No way some1 gonna let Joy win twice....
1-1 or rematch if the refs couldnt make up whats really happened....
Anyways big up 4 Joy who once again showed whos the best... Makin the finals against 8 players every game...

Peace Papa J
Old 10-23-2006, 07:36 AM #27
CraigAL32

has been a member for 10 years
CraigAL32 plays in the APPA beginner division
Yea I do not like the way that game was called.

When I first saw it I thought I had seen hits on BCs right .
After watching the video again you can see the back Joy guy running in as BC heads out of the cheese towards the snake and you can see paint exploding , the back guy gets him in the arm and it looks like it comes off his shoulder BEFORE he gets to the snake. When you watch the video the dead Joy guy in the snake cannot shoot at him UNTIL he is over the snake and on the ground. SO it is obvious he was hit by the back guy, slow the video down and you can see the Joy guy picking him up and running with him towards the snake.
Yes the Joy guy that is dead shoots BUT this is AFTER BC should have been eliminated at which point there would be no penalty to give.

Owner of the Annihilators and one of the original founding players.
One of the founding players for Miami Rage 1994-1997
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Florid...s/377685150910
http://www.floridapaintballing.com
Boogie Fan #1
Old 10-23-2006, 07:50 AM #28
gump

There should have been a penalty on Fraige anyway.... Look at the pictures on pbstar, they show him spinning on the JD player and shooting him as he slides by.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:32 AM #29
Kaotix
Chive on

post said pics... regardless thats a call dynasty otherwise would've gotten away with because no ref even whispered about it and a ref was looking right at fraige. it's only illegal if your caught right?

The biggest question is was BCs' armband pulled?

Maxs' interview was questionable. he said bc was shot in the wrist on the dive and then later says 7...6...5 jd players saw him get it on his left shoulder???????

bottomline... live joy player slaughters eliminated BC
Old 10-23-2006, 09:23 AM #30
cmesa

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post27581469

read that post now.

comments?
Old 10-23-2006, 09:34 AM #31
Mischa Barton
IM'A BUST YA JAW

Man, it's war. It was chaos... I'd do the same thing.

This is bs.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:02 AM #32
Complaint Dept.

I saw that video replay so many times. Yes, it was a tough call, but this is what I saw. The joy player took out Fraige then slid into snake 2. The ref has only called Fraige out at this point and turns to check the joy player. BC jumps over the snake and exchanges with the Joy player. Both are eliminated and have armbands pulled. The final Joy player who is still live comes around to clean-up and BC stands up points his marker at the player and the Joy player shoots him. Everybody here would have shot him too. BC should have been penalized not Joy. There was so much going on though that it was hard to make that call. Like I said I watched the replay multiple times. Maybe they can start offering instant replay to the refs like they do in football.
On a side note I want to correct the call that the ref did make. Even if Joy was given a 3 for 1 penalty that doesn't automatically give Dynasty the pull and hang. All players were still eliminated. Joy would just be given a score deduction.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:02 AM #33
Toadlee62

How about it does not matter what we all think. The Ref made that call and the game was over.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:49 AM #34
Blazestorm2
I like me

** LISTEN **

It DOESN'T MATTER if BC or Alex were dead.

The fact that the JOY player, laying on the ground was shooting AFTER his armband was pulled... is why there was a penalty...

Because Joy had NO MORE players to be pulled, the Pull and Hang are INSTANTLY given to Dynasty, regardless of who is alive or dead.

BC didn't even have to hang the flag, he could have stood there... he was smart in doing that just to justify that he hung it...

Either way, the refs were right... no BS... no stealing... just a stupid joy player... If he would have just laid there, and the other joy player bunker BC, it would have been clean, Joy would have won... but because he shot AFTER his band was pulled... that's why joy lost it...
Old 10-23-2006, 11:03 AM #35
erayser
AlternativePB.com

Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is a Supporting Member
erayser is BST Legit
^^^ on topic. QFT

Off topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesa
comments? yah... he skipped a picture. The picture he skipped could go either way. If he skipped the picture on purpose, it looks like a biased post to me.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:26 AM #36
jjokeefe

I'm not a big professional paintball fanboy. I've been playing speedball for about a year now, after having seen the 05 tournament on ESPN2 and being reminded that paintball was a lot of fun back when I was in high school, so maybe it would be fun now that I'm out of college.

Since I don't have much invested in either team, or the outcome for that matter, here is my opinion after seeing the video and the pictures. I think it is obvious that Fraige is shot out and the Joy player is clean who bumps past Fraige. It happened so quickly however, as BC came running in, that it would be almost impossible to tell exactly where and when BC got hit. You watch the video, and its all so quick. The Joy player and BC clearly exchanged and it should be a 1 for 1.

However, upon watching the video, the last Joy player certainly had a good cause to shoot a few shots at both Fraige and BC. They were both standing there, and either of them could have been in. He doesn't just run up and shoot them each a few times however, he runs up, stops, turns his gun on the Dynasty player, shoots for a few seconds, then keeps running. That wasn't a "****, are you still in?" That was an angry person, pumped up on adrenaline, overloading on someone who wasn't really in a position to fight back.

I don't know enough about the rules for me to say whether or not BC is considered a neutral target, thereby skirting the idea of him being over shot. He was 100% executed, but far be it from me to determine intent.

It is just too hard to ref with 100% accuracy in a sport like this. The refs should have called a 1 on 1 to settle this as opposed to letting a penalty decide the outcome. However, the Joy player should be penalized or fined or dealt with. It is actions like that that are going to keep paintball on WEBTV as opposed to NBC. You want to make more money and have more tournaments? You keep paintball clean of BS like that, you eliminate as much cheating as you can, and you'll be playing for a lot more money. Then you can all afford as much BAWLS as you want.

Just my two cents!
Old 10-23-2006, 11:54 AM #37
Martece

The joy-player who bunkered fraige didnt get his armband pulled until after he shot back at BC.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:26 PM #38
Blazestorm2
I like me

According to the head ref... his armband was pulled before...
Old 10-23-2006, 12:30 PM #39
Martece

yea I heard him say that... Watch the video and see it for yourself
Old 10-23-2006, 01:23 PM #40
dark_angel_lcd
Amish

dark_angel_lcd plays in the PSP
dark_angel_lcd plays in the APPA D2 division
I would like to see most people here try to make a "fair" call on that one. I think the refs did what they saw best. Personally, I would have gone with Matty Marshall and declared a 1v1. That way nobody could argue. But I give the refs credit by listening to both sides before thier decision.

CIA | No Limit | CIA
Old 10-23-2006, 01:37 PM #41
PlayersuckRefsRule

grrr, We have been calling for this in the PSP and NPPL.

WE NEED REFS IN THE SNAKE.

Both leagues have taken the refs away from the snake, no way that call is being made from us on the ends 5 feet out and on inside.

Refs could not make that call with the info they had.

Both sides needed to be heard. B. Cole spoke his peace Seb did not.

Too old to play so I ref.
Stay clean and you do not have to deal with me.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:47 PM #42
Beaux
Capt. of Pumpenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersuckRefsRule

Both sides needed to be heard. B. Cole spoke his peace Seb did not.
When do you ever see NFL refs letting players argue their points? Never.

The refs should have discussed what THEY saw and make the rulings on that and not allow the players to say a word. Put them in their dead boxes and the refs make the call. period.

It doesn't matter if the dynasty player was hit while he was going into the snake, if the Joy player was called out by a ref and continued to fire, he caused the penalty.

Sponsors:
Tank's Paintball | pumpleague.com | HRL

My PBNation Feedback