PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-19-2006, 12:08 PM #1
ikey

has been a member for 10 years
ok...oils

well me teammate recently bought a brand new 06 ceptor. he pretty much knows nothing about them, and me hanging around in these forums and kinda being the team tech means ill probably be handle a lot of questions and matenence for him.

am i right that these guns need oils, not lube? and it needs to be COMPLETELY synthetic, high quality stuff (KC trouble free).

what about on other seals, like in the reg and lpr? can i lube those with dow? is it only the ram that needs oil?

problem, i bought gold cup fro my mags (when i had them), and i have some extreme rage synthetic stuff i bought cause i misplaced my gold cup. thats all we got to lube this alien. anybody know about this extreme rage stuff? im pretty sure its syntheic...its a blue/clear color and does not smell like a petrolium based product, nor does it say it on the bottle.

this is what is it http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...sAAAD3S0WlA_2t

anything else i should know about taking care of these things? anything to do out of teh box or is it pretty much good to go?

Last edited by ikey : 10-19-2006 at 12:15 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2006, 04:08 PM #2
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
the extreme rage stuff will work, it's a synthetic oil. kc trouble free and aka extreme lube are reomended though. A few other owners have been testing dropping 3-4 drops of aka extreme lube into their asa's then dryfiring. it's worked well for all of them.
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 10-19-2006, 04:11 PM #3
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

I drop 2 drops of AKA Extreme in my macroline fitting every 3 cases, and swab my ram with it every day of play. I've been doing this for about 5 months and haven't had an issue.

I strongly recommend you get the right stuff, but the Extreme Rage will be ok for the ram. Do not use it in the macroline fitting. You can also use some on the LPR pin and dow (33? I would think) is good for other regulator components.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:52 PM #4
Mind'sEye
Mad Money

PMI oil and Extreme Rage are the same oil, so you should be ok there. ikey, you've been around here long enough to know the drill, 3 recommended oils: AKA Extreme Lube, KC Trouble Free and PMI. Dow 33 ok'ish. If you wanna make it complicated use the DOW grease and tear the regs down everytime you lube. If you wanna simplify, do what Exit Wounds does. I do believe that some of the AKA guys have been using KC Trouble Free dropped into the ASA or macroline for dryfireing. Personally, I can only recommend AKA EXtreme Lube for this usage. I've been using it in my Interceptor for 10 months now with no problems. I cannot vouch for the viscosity of PMI/Extreme Rage Oil to be used in this way.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:36 PM #5
ikey

well i knew the high end lubes like KC but i have never heard form anybody in here about extreme rage and PMI, thats why i asked. on the topid i sapose any good stuff would work, like WDP love juice. well i have an oposition to putting lube in the asa just cause you can control where it goes...like in the noid. i will probably just lube everything but the ram with down, and use the pmi/extreme rage stuff i have on the ram.

in terms of the lube, i dunno. its probably not as good as KC. i would say that goldcup is thicker than the pmi stuff. i dunno. i pretty much have stopped using gold cup since i sold my mags. i mostly use the pmi stuff for various parts on my karni and i guess i will use it on my freinds alien until i bug him enough to shell out money for good lube.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:39 PM #6
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

I have a better idea, tell him that PMI/ER will wreck his gun if he uses it more than once or twice. That will get him to "shell out" 5-6 bucks for some lube.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:11 PM #7
dyeboy

is gold cup ok
Old 10-19-2006, 08:36 PM #8
Mind'sEye
Mad Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey
well i have an oposition to putting lube in the asa just cause you can control where it goes...like in the noid.
We've been through this before too. Baldusi opened a thread in the AKA Forum a while back asking this question. Everyone there including a former AKA factory tech agreed that no harm will be done with the proper oil. Here's a quote posted in the PBN AKA forum by Coolhand, the well respected aftermarket producer from Logic Paintball and Automags.org fame:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand
Synthetic oil won't harm even solenoids not rated for oiled air.

Now, that said, nearly all solenoid valves used in PB today are rated for oiled air (IE, NOT dry air only).

As long as you don't goop up the spool with something that will turn to glue when it ages, and you avoid oils with additives and detergents, you'll be fine.

The worst thing you can do is not lube your 'noid at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyeboy
is gold cup ok
Gold Cup is a mineral based oil, more refined than petroleum based but still more harmful than synthetics. Stick with the recommended brands. Paying a few more bucks for the good stuff is worth it in the long run.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:40 PM #9
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

For which markers is goldcup appropriate?
Old 10-19-2006, 08:47 PM #10
Mind'sEye
Mad Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Wounds
For which markers is goldcup appropriate?
It was popular with Automag owners and was the recommended stuff, ok at the time for sear trippers. I now use AKA Extreme in my Xmag too. I don't see any good reason to use anything other than synthetic in all my high quality markers.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:47 PM #11
ikey

true. yeah gold cup is fine for mags and stuff, but from what ive read i would be hesitant to use it on an alien or something.

i guess that thing with the noids makes sense. so like dow 33 in the noid is bad, but these synthetic oils arent. ok. now it makes sense to put oil through the asa of a cocker (i always had teh question of wasnt it bad for that oil to go directly into the noid). ok good stuff.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:55 PM #12
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Actually I used dow33 on my Impulse noid (recommended by the manual) and never had a problem, although I'll stick with AKA for my Alien.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:02 PM #13
ikey

well i think it was recommended that for maintaining the noid, lubing the internal spool o rings wit dow is normal. however, putting dow in your asa and letting dow get into your noid will clog it up eventally. i just assumed oils would have teh same effect.

if you notice every gun that takes oils in the asa uses very good OIL- wdp says to drop love juice in teh asa, aliens and vikings do it too with KC or extreme. every other gun that uses lube never says anywhere to do this.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:50 PM #14
Mind'sEye
Mad Money

AlienPB DOES NOT recommend dryfiring oil through the ASA, but it is something some of us have been doing for a while now with no problems whatsoever. Baldusi (who was the closest thing this forum had to an expert airsmith, besides Jack ) has stated that he has been using the AKA Extreme Lube/ASA method in all his markers, including his Interceptor, for quite sometime.

Last edited by Mind'sEye : 10-19-2006 at 10:52 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:55 PM #15
Ant!c
Viva La 2k6'er

some good information on the thread
Old 10-20-2006, 01:40 AM #16
Game101

thanks for all the info now i have to find someone who will ship aka oil to the uk
Old 10-22-2006, 02:55 PM #17
ruschinrocket
Booyah Grandma. Booyah.

"Mookies Urban Gun Goo" has anyone used this stuff before and would it be good to use on the reg's orings and such?http://www.tagsportz.com/products/lubricants.html. Just wondering because they also sell the KC trouble free and seeing as I'm out of dow, I'll need to be getting some grease for my CP reg and the LPR when my Interceptor gets here.