PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 06:41 PM #1
bloogle18
bro chill mcdudeskavitch

FAQ on Basic Techniques

If you want to be a success on the field, here are some great quick tips to get you and your game started!

shoot or get shot! - very important.

Stance

1.) Play with your wrist tucked in, on the front of your tank.
2.) If shooting right handed point your lead foot toward your opponent, & vise versa.
3.) Dont expose your loader out of the bunker.
4.) Dont play with your tank on top of shoulder. Place between your chest and collar bone and shoulder.
5.) Dont aim with your marker near your face bring your head to the marker. Only bending knees not your back.
6.) Play tight against the bunkers if possible, and be constantly aware of your surroundings. Paintball tunnel vision is a very easy thing to do, avoid it!

Snap Shooting

1.) Start shooting as soon as your barrel is exposed beyond the bunker, in and out of the bunker, 1-5 shots.
2.) Dont over expose yourself to your opponent.
3.) Be Aggresive, but know where you are shooting.
Quick Tips
Practice snapshooting behind your couch or furniture, and or doarways.
Practice making your fingers stronger for faster snapshooting, there are some small excersises for this.
1 Put a rubberband Over your fingers(your walking fingers), and practice walking.[this builds finger strength]
2 JUST PRACTICE WITH WHAT AND WHENEVER YOU CAN!!!
3 Remember to practice this more with your non dominant hand. Being ampidextrous is one of the most needed skills in paintball.

Wrap Around Bunkers(back)

1.) Balance is a big issue here. Be fast on your feet.
2.) Quickly wrap around bunker and snap shoot.
3.) Follow snapshooting.

PHYSCOLOGY

1.) Remember Paintball tunnel vision IS VERY BAD!!! avoid it at all costs. If you are laying down paint non stop on your bunker you have been focusing on then the opponent isint going to be soo sure to pop his head up. Look around all angles from your position at your bunker. be aware of those surroundings!!!
2.) Expect the unexpected!!! Because believe me, this happens a lot. while shooting you have to think about possible advances and opponents moves.
3.) If you think an opponent is behind a bunker, shoot there.
4.) Dont be arrogant.
5.) A lot of begginers get phyced out easy. go in with confidence! The first time you play you arent going to be amazing, I can tell you that. But as long as you think and use common sense your on the right track. A good motivational helper is music! I personally like listening to intense music before I enter the field.

Shooting With Both Hands

1.) You must learn to shoot with both hands(ampidextrous), no exceptions.
2.) From switching from one side of the bunker to another, tip marker forward, turn to your angle, raise marker, start shooting again.
Quick Tips
Practice walking with both hands.
Know how to play the bunker!

Loading Hopper while Firing

1.) This takes mental concentration.
2.) Hold your marker with your select hand.
3.) Put hand behind back, pull pod, and open.
4.) Be aware of your surroundings, and poor the pod.
5.) Practice this many times before games, because you dont want to poor pods worth of paint on the ground, and have none in the hopper.

Running and Shooting

1.) Dont move your upper body.
2.) Run as fast as you can.
3.) Look above your hopper when shooting.
Quick Tips
Dont stumble, or trip. (obviously)
Practice in your backyard. Do Sprinting drills with this running stance.
You may want to run with your hands in front of you, it is personal preference, This is done to hopefully get bounces off the break.
KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! AT ALL TIMES!!! Dont over run it or anything of that nature!

Diving and Sliding

1.) How to slide- Depending on what your preferences are sliding is basically simple.
-1 Superman dive/slide - basically a headfirst slide into position, some people make the mistake of diving totally on there stomach, you want to dive in headfirst, and land on your hip/stomach area, using your arms and elbows as balance, then crouch up to your knees then resume and get back into stance.
2 Regular sliding feet first- if you have ever played baseball you can use your sliding skills for that in paintball... basic sliding feet first into an area. Left or right bent folded under other leg, kind of looks like a backwards 4.
3 Knee sliding - while ready to slide land on your knees, tilt your back, back a little soo your knees dont catch and you do a face plant, then slide into position.
Quick Tips
Invest in sliding shorts.
Wear extra padding in areas your more vulnerable.(knee pads, elbow pads)
To not land on your tank remember in the superman dive keep your marker as far away from your body as possible, but hold on tight.

Communication

1.) If you can communicate with your team you can acomplish a lot.
2.) Listen for your teamates
3.) Next time you play, talk to your team about having different names for different objects, such as, bunkers, and plays. Refer to points on the field by yardage.
4.) Even though you are listening you have to be aware of whats around you, paintball does take multitasking.

Positional Tips/Other Tips

Front - A front player is offence of your team. front players are usally more fit, you are the guys making key plays in a game, be on top of your game at all times, practice snap shooting, shooting with both hands, and physcological moves.

Back - Practice shooting with both hands, and wrap arounds, also be ready to lay down as much paint as possible to clear lanes for your front players to advance and make their moves.You are the person calling out positions for the Front and Mid players, you have the whole field infront of you.

Mid- Take what you have read from both front and back, and squeeze them together, you have to be able to play the field in any situation.

Bunkering - Timing, is one of the most important basics of bunkering, you have to know when to bunker your opponent, or it could be a waste. never look back, take chances and catch them off guard!
- Senses, looking and hearing your opponent.
- Control him, shoot where he is, make him hide. Or just sneak up on an unsuspecting player.
- Usually practiced more by front players.

Walk the Field - One of the most important aspects of winning a game is getting to know the field. Bring your whole team with and walk it, plan out strategies, and have plans for different problems, practice leaning out of the bunkers. You and the field must become one to do as well as possible in game.

Diet and Fitness - Although not intirely important to everyone, having energy and being fit during a game is crucial. EAT HEALTHY...that sentence is not that hard to follow. Dont snack, dont drink soda, dont eat high saturated fatty foods. Eat high protein and High carb foods. And eat an average of 4-6 meals of day while weight training. Drink water and lots of it. Water is the healthiest form of liquid for you. Drink a sports drink like Gatorade for quick digesting carbs and electrolytes. The best way to burn calories is Cardio, Plain and simple.(run, run, run, bike, swim.) For most people this will be adequate enough for their fitness. For you whom want to gain muscle mass a high intensity workout is the best way to go. Do a mixed variety of machines and lifting to get the most potential out of your workout. Mix up your excercises every 2-3 weeks because when you are repeating the same routine everyday for more then 2-3 weeks your muscles will not be worked to their full potential. Take a multi-vitamin everyday if possible(if you can buy ones with added amino acids, that is great. I personally take GNC Mega Mens Sport multivitamin. Take your wanted suppliments. Your workout routine should not be a mix of working every part of your body at once. Days should be scheduled with different parts being worked in that day... For example my routine. Mon= Chest, Tricep, Bicep, Forarm. Tues= Abs, obliques, and Legs. Wend= Shoulders, upper and lower back, and neck. Thurs= Abs, Obliques, Legs. Fri= Bicep, Tricep, Chest, Forarm. For whom are doing both cardio and weight training always do Cardio after weight training this is best in development of muscle growth. Here is a list of good articles on above.
Nutrition
Training
Suppliments
Teen suppliments
Female suppliments

Clothing - always come prepared to play, wear appropriate clothing matter and safety gear such as a jersey, paintball pants, padding(knee pads, elbow pads, sliding shorts), cleats, and others. Dress appropriate for the weather, Dont wear Sweaters in the summer, they can cause heat stroke in hot weather, dont wear Tank tops in cold weather, this could cause just plain coldness, frostbite/nip. Dress for the occasion!!!

The Breakdown

1.) No matter how great your equipment is, it doesnt make you a good player.
2.) Learn from others and take advise from older players, they are your teachers soo to speak.
3.) PRACTICE, this game has to be practiced it takes time and effort to better yourself in this game.

Hope this helps!!!

I will add more if you would like,
PM me with ideas or requests!

AXBL
MXL
Burlington Blaze #8

Last edited by bloogle18 : 12-31-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2006, 07:02 PM #2
tpevil2
Gun Whore In Training

You sir, have just (hopefully) Reduced 50% of useless threads. But i dont think "noobs" look for FAQ threads.

We can only hope...
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/St-...2683416?ref=ts
Follow us on Facebook!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:03 PM #3
bloogle18
bro chill mcdudeskavitch

hey, thanks, yeah atleast some might look for a FAQ... o well, Hope it helps.

AXBL
MXL
Burlington Blaze #8
Old 10-19-2006, 08:56 PM #4
eveymarkeritouchdies
spelling? what?

I salute you! someone needs a stickie!

SAVEING FOR AN INVERT MINI!!!! AND YOU SHOULD TO!!!

I may be willing to let my diablo wrath go...PM me...And mabey my old 45/30 tank...
Old 10-19-2006, 09:01 PM #5
WGP WARRIOR (Banned)
I call it DoPeBoY mAgiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveymarkeritouchdies
I salute you! someone needs a stickie!
I 2nd that.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:05 PM #6
Ant!c
Viva La 2k6'er

nice thread man good work!
Old 10-19-2006, 09:15 PM #7
Evosniper05

good job, but i find

4.) Dont play with your tank to your shoulder, it exposes your loader, play with your tank against your ribs.

to be somewhat wrong. i always play with my tank to my shoulder{inside shoulder, definatly not tank ONTOP of shoulder}. and my loader is never exposed. i mean...unless we talking about the same spot but your calling it differntly. i put my tank right below the "shoulder pad" on my dye jersey. its comfortable and doesnt expose anything. when i think "ribs" im thinkin like lower to mid section.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:24 PM #8
gaffy

good job... but under the running you might want to mention about putting your hand in front of your mask while running, while not all people do it, it might be good to mention
Old 10-19-2006, 09:26 PM #9
whosyomama311 (Banned)
I don't play paintball

Nice work. Great attempt at sticky. But its already a sticky in the tips/strategy forum.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:29 PM #10
bloogle18
bro chill mcdudeskavitch

Evosniper 05, im sorry, i probably could have made it more clearer.
i meant dont hold the marker right in front of your face like, with the tank at your chin, i meant cratle it around your breastbone, or ribs and lean your neck in, and and have your arm as tight to your tank as possible, not to have the loader way above your head... do you see what i am saying now?

Whosyomam311- Oooo Ok i see what you are saying the tips and tricks thing in the everything you need to know. well... Mine does have some information in with the other doesnt... idk its up to the mods to sticky.

Gaffy- yeah i was wondering if i should have said that, but since its in debate... more personal preference... i didnt but i should have ill make a change.

well hope this helps a lot of people out there.

AXBL
MXL
Burlington Blaze #8

Last edited by bloogle18 : 10-19-2006 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:49 PM #11
autococker06
zamboni eh

good info
Old 10-19-2006, 09:51 PM #12
whosyomama311 (Banned)
I don't play paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloogle18
Whosyomam311- Oooo Ok i see what you are saying the tips and tricks thing in the everything you need to know. well... Mine does have some information in with the other doesnt... idk its up to the mods to sticky.
yeah. I mean don't get me wrong. Its nice work. Im just saying we already have one. BUt there is always stuff to add or change.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:57 PM #13
bloogle18
bro chill mcdudeskavitch

yeah i know i deffinatly want to add more in the future, i jsut fixed most of the spelling mistakes, it is a work in progress.

AXBL
MXL
Burlington Blaze #8
Old 10-19-2006, 10:07 PM #14
Oli10287 (Banned)
Im very arroused!!

well, im not a newb but what do you mean by, "rubberband on ur fingers"?? just put them on your fingers or, put them at the top? specify please
Old 10-19-2006, 10:27 PM #15
bloogle18
bro chill mcdudeskavitch

Oli10287- there ya go i hope i made it more clear for you.

AXBL
MXL
Burlington Blaze #8
Old 10-19-2006, 10:30 PM #16
john93 (Banned)
Check my SIG for ION!

Sticky this. Good Job!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:02 AM #17
bloogle18
bro chill mcdudeskavitch

Thanks John! it was great to here about another idea for it! thanks a lot!

AXBL
MXL
Burlington Blaze #8
Old 10-20-2006, 10:30 AM #18
squalledout338
pump>semi=20bps<1bps

squalledout338 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
squalledout338 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
lets see i'll vote sticky... GET THIS THING UP THERE

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2916672<------ new pump for sale
Old 10-20-2006, 01:41 PM #19
calvman
Clickety screeeee

Annual Supporting Member
calvman is a Mega Moderator
calvman is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
calvman is playing at Living Legends VII
It's been added to the ultimate sticky. Nice work

"Always buy the biggest bottle."

ASM|macroline guy|BPP|DAB Photo|Inception|Powered by EXALT
Old 10-20-2006, 01:55 PM #20
Irish916
eThug

Irish916 plays in the PSP
I didn't learn anything, but good advice.

About snap shooting, you can keep your barrel out but stuck onto the side of the bunker (almost so the bunker folds around your barrel, supposing your playing airball) and keep your lower body still but move your upper body to lean out while still keeping your hopper tucked behind the bunker.

Sorry if it's hard to understand.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:14 PM #21
bloogle18
bro chill mcdudeskavitch

Thanks a lot!!!

hope everyone likes it, hope it helps in the future!

AXBL
MXL
Burlington Blaze #8
Closed Thread