upgrade to an alien remains? - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-14-2006, 02:08 AM #1
alexent
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
upgrade to an alien remains?

Ive been looking at this gun for a while now and im really thinking about buying. My marker now is a ICD promaster (which is a piece of crap). Should i go with the remains? or should i get something else
__________________
They dont serve breakfast in hell.
alexent is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2006, 08:28 AM #2
rluna
Moderator
 
rluna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
rluna is a Moderator
rluna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
rluna is playing at Living Legends III
rluna is playing at Living Legends V
rluna supports Sherwood Forest
IMO its a step up and you'll be happy, but a lot of markers are a step up and you would be happy with them as well. Being the Alien forum we will tell you "yes" not only because its a no-brainer but because... its the Alien forum.

The answer to "should I get something else" is going to be "sure, get an Interceptor".

If you've got the cash for a Remains then look at other markers in its price range and refer to the VS sticky thread for our opinions as we have done the comparisons already. If you got the cash for an Interceptor, then look at other markers in its price range as well.

Choice is yours, will you be happy? We think you will be. Do your research and decide as in the end it is up to you.

p8ntballer's "What Paintball Gear 2006" is out - hit your local bookstore and pick it up. Among all of the marker reviews are a reviews of the Remains and Interceptor (note though that it incorrectly says they don't have modes when in fact they do).
__________________
Excessive force does indeed answer all questions if there is no one left to ask them....
My Old Feedback
Help fellow 'ballers master English, the language of the land....
My Worr Framed Blazer,
My Markers... The Osirus is... (sold)
rluna is offline  
Old 10-14-2006, 09:54 AM #3
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her
 
Eternal Acacia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rluna
Among all of the marker reviews are a reviews of the Remains and Interceptor (note though that it incorrectly says they don't have modes when in fact they do).
I was gonna write them about that, but I didn't get around to it. It bothered me, because it missed a better rating because of it. also the fact that it was a pro used gun, so it had tons of wear on it.
__________________
They see my brain melting
and the only thing I tell em
is that I'm living for the present
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Eternal Acacia is offline  
Old 10-14-2006, 12:04 PM #4
Ant!c
Viva La 2k6'er
 
Ant!c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alamogordo
another good idea is if you ball with anyone that has shot or shoots an alien ask them to try it out or ask an opinion.. couldnt hurt. lol and yeah what kinda answer were you expecting coming to an alien forum. but anyhow yeah aliens are great for the price cant really beat it. they are reliable, fast, and easy to maintain from what research I have done and you dont have to upgrade the hell outta it to make it shoot nice. pbreview.com has some people that used it and write reviews on it couldnt hurt to look at that too
__________________
[Myspace - /k1rkj3rk]
[AIM - an71c]
[Gold gen2 Freestyle body- PM for more info]
Ant!c is offline  
Old 10-14-2006, 12:10 PM #5
m-a-r-k-7
Goutentag Hop Clop?
 
m-a-r-k-7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexent
Ive been looking at this gun for a while now and im really thinking about buying. My marker now is a ICD promaster (which is a piece of crap). Should i go with the remains? or should i get something else
Yes the remains is a step up from a promaster. But if you can't even keep that working properly you shouldn't be gettin ga higher end gun. All promasters I have ever seen have been very nice, and shot well. DO you have yours tuned and set up properly? Maby you just got a lemon, have you contacted ICD?
__________________
PBN Feedback
Follower of Metal Jesus
Why don't you go take a flying **** at a rolling doughnut?
-Kurt Vonnegut
m-a-r-k-7 is offline  
Old 10-16-2006, 08:31 AM #6
paintballa41991
What is paintball?
 
paintballa41991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mesa, AZ
paintballa41991 plays in the PSP
i have shot both the remains and the interceptor, and, to tell the truth, the remains is almost to light for me because it becomes back heavy, the interceptor is really light, not as light as the remains, but still light, and they both rip out of the box so i think whatever you choose (i would take interceptor, cheaper), you will be happy.

just one mans opinion
__________________
CWD
All Day
paintballa41991 is offline  
Old 10-16-2006, 02:15 PM #7
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.
 
Exit Wounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
"Back heavy." This term always confuses me. In any proper stance, you should keep your tank firmly pressed into your shoulder or body. Since the back is essentially a pivot point, you want as much of the total weight distributed there as possible. This is why markers with carbon fiber barrels feel so much easier to maneuver than those with aluminum barrels, even though the total weight difference of the entire setup is very little.

Now, this doesn't mean you're wrong, but I think that anyone should be able to take advantage of a rearward weight distribution.
__________________
Feedback
Exit Wounds is offline  
Old 10-16-2006, 03:03 PM #8
Mind'sEye
Mad Money
 
Mind'sEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Los Alamos, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Wounds
"Back heavy." This is why markers with carbon fiber barrels feel so much easier to maneuver than those with aluminum barrels, even though the total weight difference of the entire setup is very little.
Yep, try a stainless steel barrel on there and the weight distribution is even more pronouced. The bulk of rearward weight is the tank. This weight is firmly supported by you shoulder and is far less perceptable than forward weight. Lighter weight guns is one of the factors which has encouraged players to stop using huge drop forwards to bring the gun in closer and redistribute the weight to the rear. I don't see any disadvantage to an ultra-light gun like the Remains.
Mind'sEye is offline  
Old 10-16-2006, 06:02 PM #9
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her
 
Eternal Acacia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
I don't either. It helps me run, it's really really easy to manuver, and it helps get a good stance. Like exit says, and especially with a carbon fiber barrel like mine. The lightness is definatelly a good thing for a front player like me.
__________________
They see my brain melting
and the only thing I tell em
is that I'm living for the present
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Eternal Acacia is offline  
Old 10-16-2006, 08:47 PM #10
paintballa41991
What is paintball?
 
paintballa41991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mesa, AZ
paintballa41991 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Wounds
"Back heavy." This term always confuses me. In any proper stance, you should keep your tank firmly pressed into your shoulder or body. Since the back is essentially a pivot point, you want as much of the total weight distributed there as possible. This is why markers with carbon fiber barrels feel so much easier to maneuver than those with aluminum barrels, even though the total weight difference of the entire setup is very little.

Now, this doesn't mean you're wrong, but I think that anyone should be able to take advantage of a rearward weight distribution.
i guess im just wierd, i had a UL felt wierd to run with, just wasnt right. now the interceptor, that felt amazing, as soon as i get some money im buying one.
__________________
CWD
All Day
paintballa41991 is offline  
Old 10-16-2006, 09:03 PM #11
Mind'sEye
Mad Money
 
Mind'sEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Los Alamos, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballa41991
i guess im just wierd, i had a UL felt wierd to run with, just wasnt right. now the interceptor, that felt amazing, as soon as i get some money im buying one.
Not weird, personal preferance is important. Part of what you found so comfortable about the Interceptor may have been the 85* frame. Some people hate it, but those that don't love it! The 85* frame is the one thing that the Interceptor offers over the Remains right now and is the main reason I'm keeping my 05.
Mind'sEye is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump