Old 10-02-2006, 03:25 PM #43
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdowell
Actually it kinda looks like you don't.
I don't believe in economic unons because it causes markets to become stagnant and lowers competition. Happy?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2006, 11:33 PM #44
an94
Pirate till death

the main problem w/that is the US is a constitutional-republic, Canada is a republic, and mexico is a communist gov. Its very hard to combine all three of those types of governments into one. It took about 100 years for the UN to form. we may never see it. but who knows...
and yes I think if we did do something like that, the US would have another civil war, Or at least alot of blood shed.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:52 AM #45
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by an94
the main problem w/that is the US is a constitutional-republic, Canada is a republic, and mexico is a communist gov. Its very hard to combine all three of those types of governments into one. It took about 100 years for the UN to form. we may never see it. but who knows...
and yes I think if we did do something like that, the US would have another civil war, Or at least alot of blood shed.
Haha! Communism? In Mexico? Are you kidding me!?

Mexico was ruled by the PRI party for the 76 years through the rigging of elections. In recent years legitimate democratic canidates have been elected and they are headed towards a working democracy.

It did not take the UN 100 years to form. It took roughly 25 years: The League of Nations was formed in 1919 and the UN in 1945.

Civil war would not happen. That is just a ludacris statement

But either way this plan would be of little benefit to the US. I see the increase of free trade as a good thing, but the US would be acting as a crutch especially for Mexico.
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard

Last edited by Adema3412 : 10-03-2006 at 01:54 AM.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:51 PM #46
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by an94
You're an idiot.
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:44 PM #47
Maelstrom_Unleashed
say no to killer whales

To those of you against one unified world government, may I ask why? It seems to me that it is inevitable if humanity is to survive long enough to spread to other planets. Without one government, I don't see how we will be able to coordinate interstellar colonization. I see two possibilities; either every nation in the world becomes democratic, or one totalitarian force, such as Islamic Fascism, takes over the majority of the world's population. If every nation was democratic, then perhaps we could have a real international democratic body in the form of a more powerful UN. Conversely, if everyone was to convert to Islam, we'd be united albeit by a likely more oppressive government. But I'm not sure how we can survive in the long run with nuclear nations at each others' throats. Not only because of the possibility of war, but because of less money going to space exploration/colonization.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:51 PM #48
Bobeo
-Life Is Good-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom_Unleashed
To those of you against one unified world government, may I ask why? It seems to me that it is inevitable if humanity is to survive long enough to spread to other planets. Without one government, I don't see how we will be able to coordinate interstellar colonization. I see two possibilities; either every nation in the world becomes democratic, or one totalitarian force, such as Islamic Fascism, takes over the majority of the world's population. If every nation was democratic, then perhaps we could have a real international democratic body in the form of a more powerful UN. Conversely, if everyone was to convert to Islam, we'd be united albeit by a likely more oppressive government. But I'm not sure how we can survive in the long run with nuclear nations at each others' throats. Not only because of the possibility of war, but because of less money going to space exploration/colonization.
I am thinking the same thing. Eventually, once we start colonizing planets, don't we have to become citizens of Earth rather than citizens of America, Enlgand, Turkey, or Switzerland?
Old 10-03-2006, 05:33 PM #49
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
This has to be one of the silliest things I've ever heard! Our current government is far from ideal. But, why on earth would we want to invite Canada and Mexico and bring down the average?
Old 10-03-2006, 05:45 PM #50
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

Quote:
One world government would by nature shift to an opressive fascist regime. I think through competition great things happen and that is why I don't believe in one world governments.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:52 PM #51
elTwitcho

Quote:
To those of you against one unified world government, may I ask why?
Because I have different values and wants out of my government than the radically religious fundamentalists in the middle east or the US or Israel. I want a different economic system than that of Communist China or even our neighbours to the south (US again).

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 10-04-2006, 06:49 AM #52
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdowell
Haha, ok genius. I'm not even going to argue with you.

I think everyone who is against this idea should take a few minutes and research how the EU works.
Haha, OK dip-****, don't argue with me. It's much easier to not respond than it is to think.

"Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." - Ayn Rand.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:06 PM #53
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumquat1
Haha, OK dip-****, don't argue with me. It's much easier to not respond than it is to think.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:59 PM #54
Hose Factory
Trigger Happy

Socially and economically speaking the US and Canada (except Quebec, dam French j/k) share more in common then with Mexico.

Stupidity should cause pain.... wait sometimes it does, just wish it happened more often and hurt worse.

"Originally posted by gomipile: PbNation n. A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay."
Old 10-05-2006, 06:58 PM #55
nonox9
Master of Muppets

nonox9 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Impulses
One world government would by nature shift to an opressive fascist regime. I think through competition great things happen and that is why I don't believe in one world governments.
I agree with this based on evidence that has been coming forward. This is the goal of the New World Order. To break the World into Super States and then eventually one world Government. I think after a spiritual revolution a unified world is good in that sense to better man and woman. At this time our Government is pretty evil follwing the globalists lead and a unified world at the present time will be a global dictatorship. The American Union is in the near future and the immigration debate going on now will only dictate how far away it is. Most of the world is broken up already. European Union, African Union, Pacific Union, China-Russia Partnership, and soon American Union. The middle east is trying now to combine under a single currency. After we smash Iran and Syria they will join in.
An 8 lane super highway is going to be constructed through the heart of America. With the Major hubs in Mexico and Canada and many US one's on the way. This will essentially begin the process of open borders. Foreign truckers that depart from these hubs will not have to stop at the border and will be free to drive around the US. Deep sea ports will be made in Mexico so large Foreign freight ships won't have to circumnavigate South America. Go to http://www.nascocorridor.com/ North America's SuperCorridor Coalition, INC to see a map of what is to come. This Tri-National Group was sanctioned by our Government Agency the "Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America" http://www.spp.gov/index.asp . This is a GOVERNMENT AGENCY not some wacky foreign corporation thats running this show. There is a FOIA Lawsuit underway right now to get to the bottom of this and make it available to the general public who really have no idea(media has yet to report anything and probably won't). Here is a site that briefly runs through everything but feel free to browse nasco and the spp. I'll try and host the NASCO Picture.

Last edited by nonox9 : 10-05-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:17 PM #56
citywokchinefoo
I am jesus

citywokchinefoo is a Supporting Member
You see heres my problem, the US government is at this present moment ****ing up pretty bad when it comes to national security. Now how exactly are we going to keep the terrorists out of our country when we have a Super **** highway going straight through it without customs? On the upside we can get more of that mexican weed up here in NY.
"Originally posted by N$$paintball: i once got a boner in public.......no survivors"
Old 10-05-2006, 09:55 PM #57
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by citywokchinefoo
You see heres my problem, the US government is at this present moment ****ing up pretty bad when it comes to national security. Now how exactly are we going to keep the terrorists out of our country when we have a Super **** highway going straight through it without customs? On the upside we can get more of that mexican weed up here in NY.
Legalize drugs.
Stop propping up dictators.
Shift energy needs to domestic producers.

All of a sudden terrorism isn't a noticeable threat.

It is so basic, but money and religion likes to **** it all up.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:25 PM #58
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Impulses
Legalize drugs.
Stop propping up dictators.
Shift energy needs to domestic producers.

All of a sudden terrorism isn't a noticeable threat.

It is so basic, but money and religion likes to **** it all up.
You would still have resentment for everything we did in the past though. Specifically the second one, because of the third.
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Old 10-05-2006, 10:52 PM #59
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412
You would still have resentment for everything we did in the past though. Specifically the second one, because of the third.
They would find a reason to hate us. We could become completely isolationist, an they would still find something to complain about. Oh well.

Honestly, I was gonna say that if this ever happened, I would move to Canada . . . but that wouldn't really work to well . . .
Old 10-05-2006, 11:01 PM #60
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412
We created the problem by propping up dictators for the sole purpose of oil. It seems to work itself out.

Old 10-11-2006, 04:34 PM #61
nonox9
Master of Muppets

nonox9 is a Supporting Member
Its happening. News is coming out that owners lands are being identified for taking by way of eminent domain
Old 10-11-2006, 05:26 PM #62
AR55
conch shell warrior

AR55 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonox9
What a great abuse of eminent domain!