Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2006, 03:42 AM #1
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Stocks close at all time high - Thanks Bush!

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/03/D8KHCO400.html

Looks like the tax cuts didn't ruin the economy after all. Tax cuts = more money in my pocket = more money for the local paintball stores = better economy. Bush has the right idea here, even though it was origionally Reagans idea. The best thing that could happen right now would be making these cuts permenant, and I'll be voting for whoever is down with it.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2006, 04:18 AM #2
elTwitcho
***** ***** *****
 
elTwitcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Toronto Canada
 has been a member for 10 years
Guy who doesn't understand the economy, economic indicators or the stockmarket somehow links them all together and makes thread about it - Thanks pbn!


EDIT: Before you ask why your point doesn't work, let me put it very simply. The last time the stock market hit an all time high, was in Clinton's era. That's all that really needs to be said
__________________
ST:Photo - Trust me, you made a wrong turn

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock

Last edited by elTwitcho : 10-04-2006 at 04:35 AM.
elTwitcho is offline  
Old 10-04-2006, 04:21 AM #3
tKoP (Banned)
 
tKoP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: 562_Bellflower
who would have thunk it
tKoP is offline  
Old 10-04-2006, 04:40 AM #4
agentdowell
It is inevitable!
 
agentdowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Matrix
agentdowell is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/03/D8KHCO400.html

Looks like the tax cuts didn't ruin the economy after all. Tax cuts = more money in my pocket = more money for the local paintball stores = better economy. Bush has the right idea here, even though it was origionally Reagans idea. The best thing that could happen right now would be making these cuts permenant, and I'll be voting for whoever is down with it.
Wrong. Here's why, "The decline in oil prices was the catalyst of the day. A barrel of light crude settled at $58.68, down $2.35, on the New York Mercantile Exchange." Nothing in there about lower taxes or Bush. Gotta learn to read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTwitcho
Guy who doesn't understand the economy, economic indicators or the stockmarket somehow links them all together and makes thread about it - Thanks pbn!


EDIT: Before you ask why your point doesn't work, let me put it very simply. The last time the stock market hit an all time high, was in Clinton's era. That's all that really needs to be said
True, but not because of the reason you were insinuating. Anyone remember the dotcom bubble seven years ago? The economy has very little to do with what ******* occupies the oval office every four years.
__________________
Turbulance Nexus Dcut------------------------www.wearecdr.com
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei
"Only thing knowledge I have gained from this thread is that agentdowell is kicking everyones ***."
- tonysk83
"BYAHHHH!!! Agentdowell owns this thread now!"
- I love Impulses
Look past the flesh. Look through the soft gelatin of these dull cow eyes and see your enemy.
agentdowell is offline  
Old 10-04-2006, 08:25 AM #5
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.
 
scumquat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the Hole
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22
Looks like the tax cuts didn't ruin the economy after all.
If someone tells you that letting the people spend their money as they please is going to "ruin" the economy, their knowledge of economics is questionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22
Tax cuts = more money in my pocket = more money for the local paintball stores = better economy. Bush has the right idea here, even though it was origionally Reagans idea. The best thing that could happen right now would be making these cuts permenant, and I'll be voting for whoever is down with it.
There are a lot of things going on in an economy as large as America's. For that reason (and others), I don't think you can directly attribute the tax cuts to a higher stock market. On the other hand, the tax cuts certainly didn't hurt, as some people would have us believe. Since they were enacted, government receipts have increased considerably. Now if the Republicans would get some balls, cut taxes further, and put the brakes on spending, things would improve even more.
__________________
A is A. It is what it is.

"Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." - Ayn Rand.
scumquat1 is offline  
Old 10-04-2006, 08:33 AM #6
$PJ$ (Banned)
 
$PJ$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Earth
$PJ$ is a Supporting Member
Looks like this thread has been thouroughly trounced already.....
$PJ$ is offline  
Old 10-04-2006, 10:22 AM #7
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
For anybody thats been around these boards for a while, this thread was a parody of a thread in 200 (might have actually been PBC now that I think about it) that was titled "I'm paying 305 per gallon, thanks BUSH".
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old 10-04-2006, 10:23 AM #8
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho
EDIT: Before you ask why your point doesn't work, let me put it very simply. The last time the stock market hit an all time high, was in Clinton's era. That's all that really needs to be said
And the next time it did, it was Bush's era. Nuff said.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old 10-04-2006, 10:24 AM #9
$PJ$ (Banned)
 
$PJ$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Earth
$PJ$ is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22
And the next time it did, it was Bush's era. Nuff said.
If it is a parody then why are you still trying to credit Bush?
$PJ$ is offline  
Old 10-04-2006, 10:38 AM #10
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by $PJ$
If it is a parody then why are you still trying to credit Bush?
Uh, did you read what Twitch wrote? Just pointing out how dull his logic is. Exact same argument he just used to try and discredit bush. "z0mg cl1nt0n wast t3h prez!!!!111"
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old 10-04-2006, 11:26 AM #11
MikeM
 
 
MikeM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chicago Suburbs
MikeM is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by scumquat1
If someone tells you that letting the people spend their money as they please is going to "ruin" the economy, their knowledge of economics is questionable.

There are a lot of things going on in an economy as large as America's. For that reason (and others), I don't think you can directly attribute the tax cuts to a higher stock market. On the other hand, the tax cuts certainly didn't hurt, as some people would have us believe. Since they were enacted, government receipts have increased considerably. Now if the Republicans would get some balls, cut taxes further, and put the brakes on spending, things would improve even more.
Very well put!
MikeM is offline  
Old 10-04-2006, 11:55 AM #12
AutoMaggot
 
 
AutoMaggot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
AutoMaggot is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
Parody thread?

Closed.
AutoMaggot is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump