PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-29-2006, 11:01 PM #1
Cashman95

Guage Movement

OK is it just me and my best friend who have this problem, and cant seem to find a cure or is there anyone out there that can offer some help other than what I have already tried?

Problem: Gun pressure according to the guage on the side drops from 130 to about 100-110 psi with every shot. In ramp mode gun shoots and pressure drops/bounces to about 100-110psi till I stop shooting and the pressure goes back up to 130ish.

GUN: Ion with QEV, TECH T L6 BOLT, UPGRADED REG (cp, aka 2-liter, stock), crossfire HP 68/4500 tank, cp asa, spring detents.

TRIED ALREADY with no cure: Battery change, clean and lube reg,bolt,can,noid etc. adjusted dwell and rof up down sideways in and out, used a cp, aka, and stock reg. tried 3 different bottles, crossfire, air america, crossfire. I even replaced the asa with 3 different ones. I have adjusted the psi up and down. Have tried 2 different qev's and even put it all back stock to see if that worked...IT DIDNT!!!!

So you can see I am becoming obsessed...and I really want to cure this shootdown, drop off problem! Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?
I have found that the stock reg was better at helping this problem than the cp, and the aka did even more at helping cure this problem, but nothing has totaly fixed it!

All i have left to try that i can think of is to an o-ring replacement all over the marker....will try that on saturday, but im not holding my breath!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2006, 11:02 PM #2
stuff92090

do you use a low pressure tank? They have been known to give shootdown
Old 09-29-2006, 11:05 PM #3
Cashman95

crossfire HP 800PSI TANK
Old 09-29-2006, 11:21 PM #4
poder (Banned)

Try changing the battery?
Old 09-29-2006, 11:29 PM #5
Torvik
Jon Torvik

Torvik is a Supporting Member
God sound's so much like a battery. i believe its the dwell though whats it at? and what kind of QEV
Old 09-29-2006, 11:36 PM #6
whosyomama311 (Banned)

I had the same problem, sort of. It ended up being the hoses. If the hoses are swolen or have a slight leak it can lose alot of pressure or cause the reg to creep. Try changing those and see what happens. My problem was that the main hose from the reg to board was swolen about three times normal size and must have been mildley leaking in some small cracks which caused a pressure drop and another time a small disconection between hose and banjo causing the reg to creep.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:17 AM #7
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
You have to disect a problem step by step.

Just remember this. If there is an airflow problem at the gauge, that means the problem has to occur somewhere from the bottle to the gauge. No where beyond such as the solenoid or QEV or bolt.

With that said, this sounds really odd. It even does it with an AKA 2-liter?

ASA has been changed....

I would try new hose as suggested above and possible a new swivel fitting for the regulator. Also make sure you turn that tank as hard as you can to get it into the ASA.

After reading your PM....

What kind of fluctuation on the reg are we talking about? 10, 20, 30 psi?

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████

Last edited by Kolder : 09-30-2006 at 01:24 AM.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:07 AM #8
KLUG

That doesnt sound like a lot of shoot down, only 20 psi or so, There aren't any paintball guns(besides cockers) that have 0.0 shoot down.
XSV Fan #1285
Thomas "Troll" Taylor fan #258
druid555@hotmail.com.
Most users ever online was 5,260, 11-15-2006 at 09:08 PM.
^^I was there^^
Old 09-30-2006, 09:49 AM #9
Cashman95

Klug....If that is true then I will be satisfied with what is going on, but I have another friend who has no flucuation on his ion! doesnt make since to me. I am a cocker owner as well, and have never shot anything but a cocker until now...almost like I am triny to get this ION to be as bad as a cocker!

Kolder...Yes it even does it with an aka, and i tried turning the bottle in very hard. I am getting about 20 psi fluctuation at best with the HP crossfire, and aka reg, Unfortuantly Its not my reg, its my friends who lent it to me for test, so Its back to the stock reg until I save for one, but with that said the stock reg gives me about 20-30 psi fluctuation.

Guys, last night I turned my dwell all the way down and fired the gun The bolt moved, probably due to the ROF being around 10, but no pop from the bolt blow, it cycled but would not have shot a ball out. Anyway the guage moved still, almost like I can pinpoint the problem to the bolt traveling back, along with the exhaust from the QEV. Does this make since to anyone?

I will try new o-rings today, and new hoses...hope I can get some better results!
Old 09-30-2006, 09:56 AM #10
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Are the regulators screwing completely into the Vertical adapter? If not it is possible the filter got smashed and needs to be removed.

When you shoot the gun with paint, do the shots drop off? Do you know what kind of consistency you are getting over the chrono?

████████████████████████
Old 09-30-2006, 10:02 AM #11
Cashman95

Yes the regs are being screwed in all the way. I have a new Trigger frame ANS 90 Degree so i am not using the filter, but my frien is and like me he has the same problem. Like I said earlier he has the AKA reg so he see's a little less of guage movement. I dont see a drop off in my paintballs as long as I shoot semi, but once i start roping in ramp mode they do drop( about 2-3 feet in drop @ 40ish feet!

Man Have I done some Research or what!
Old 09-30-2006, 10:09 AM #12
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Alright if it works fine on semi. Lets go over some recharge issues.

What is your ROF and dwell set to?

████████████████████████
Old 09-30-2006, 10:21 AM #13
Cashman95

I must state that I do see the same amount of guage movement when i shoot semi, my shots are just not close enough to make a difference. Well my dwell is set to 18 and Rof is set to 30 and have tried about 10 other different settings , but like I said in my first post, I have put everything in the marker back stock including the 52 dwell and 10 ROF and still have guage movement/drop. No real difference in the amount either. I just looked at my hoses and form the looks of them I dont see any swelling or leak area's, but i will change them today(as long as PB store has some in stock)just to make sure. I have tried almost everything to chase down the problem, i have cleaned, but not replaced the noid/board...and would think that that might be the problem, but as I have mentioned earlier my best friend has the same problem and his marker is almost brand new.

Its almost like I have a defective firing can or somthing? could that be possible?

Last edited by Cashman95 : 09-30-2006 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:26 AM #14
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Do you know the correct way the bolt stop should be facing? Have you ever cleaned your solenoid?

Another option to solve this problem that I do myself with tricky diagnostics. I take another Ion with absolutely no problems and I start switching out parts one by one until the problem is gone so I can pin point what the problem is.

████████████████████████
Old 09-30-2006, 10:30 AM #15
Cashman95

Yes I think the Bolt stop is going the right way, according to the diagrams in the instructions. Thats a great Idea, I just dont have another ION that works right...and would want to take a chance of screwing up someone else's ion.
Besides should it cure the problem if I took it back to stock.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:39 AM #16
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Is everything stock on your Ion?

████████████████████████
Old 09-30-2006, 10:43 AM #17
Torvik
Jon Torvik

Torvik is a Supporting Member
Wait a second.. Stock board at 30 bps?
Old 09-30-2006, 03:29 PM #18
Cashman95

Ok I replaced the hose's and no cure!
Old 10-01-2006, 11:33 AM #19
Cashman95

Up... for SUNDAY!
Old 10-01-2006, 11:40 AM #20
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
You do not up non BST posts.

████████████████████████
Old 10-01-2006, 01:45 PM #21
Zimm
azn mafia

Maybe try replacing the guage...are your regs broken in? What readings are you getting when you put it over the chrono?