PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-25-2006, 03:15 PM #1
alex06

Angry ***death_by_paint is a SCAMMER***

So on September 7th, this guy death_by_paint offered to trade a 68/45 centerflag with blue empire cover for my Creative Zen mp3 player. We made the deal, and i agreed to ship first, since I had no feedback. I sent it out the next day on the 8th.

The tuesday after that(sep. 12th), I checked the USPS tracking info and it said it was delivered. I pmed him about it, and he said he had gone on a "business trip" for the next ten days. I was like ok, so I waited. He informed that he was back last thursday. On friday, he said he would ship it out and send me a tracking number.

I went in his profile and looked at his posts. It turns out, that during those days he said he was on a "business trip", he had done business with several other people on PbN. One of the things he sold--to someone else--....was a centerflag tank. wow.

It is now monday, I have received no tracking number and he is not replying to my pms. I know he was online today because it said so in his profile.

Conclusion: death_by_paint, aka John Lucas from Maitland, Florida, stole my $200 mp3 player. Is there anything I can do about this?
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2006, 06:22 PM #2
Smart Parts Player12

File a report with your police.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:02 AM #3
death_by_paint

dude i dont like you ruining me name and for your info i have more then one tank so for you to say that i stole you zen is a load of crap and you need to make things right because i am not a theif check my other feedback so i am just backing myself and as far as your zen goes i will send it back to you because i dont even want to deal with someone like you because in the real world people have problems and things come up but i guess you dont have any problems and you dont understand have work issues and kids so as far as i am consurned you are a bad pbn member and i have stayed in contact with you so i dont have any idea what you are talking about and that is all i have to say THANKS FOR RUINING MY NAME THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 11:10 AM #4
$PJ$ (Banned)

$PJ$ is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Get together with the other people who may have been scammed. Coordinate with each other. All of you need to do the following things.
1. File police reports with your local PD. Then contact his local PD and file said charges providing them with the police reports from your local PD. Try to speak to the same guy at his local PD. You will probably have to fill out a general affidavit.
2. File mail fraud charges. http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors...dComplaint.htm
3. File a IFCC complaint: http://www.ic3.gov/
4. Use www.411.com to use the reverse lookup feature to find a phone number for him/her.
5. You can also contact your state attorney general and file with their cyber crime department, who will contact the local police departments and speed the process along.

Keep contacting the police on a regular basis.
Contact his parents if he is under 18.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:38 PM #5
DWC

DWC is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by death_by_paint
dude i dont like you ruining me name and for your info i have more then one tank so for you to say that i stole you zen is a load of crap and you need to make things right because i am not a theif check my other feedback so i am just backing myself and as far as your zen goes i will send it back to you because i dont even want to deal with someone like you because in the real world people have problems and things come up but i guess you dont have any problems and you dont understand have work issues and kids so as far as i am consurned you are a bad pbn member and i have stayed in contact with you so i dont have any idea what you are talking about and that is all i have to say THANKS FOR RUINING MY NAME THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You received the zen on 9/12 and you are yet to ship the tank? That is weak at best. You ran you own name by not completing the transaction in a timely manner. Nice try on turning it around on the other guy who kept up his end of the transaction.

WHEN YOU WANT THE MUSIC TO MOVE YOU http://www.bonnaroo.com
Old 09-28-2006, 12:55 PM #6
$PJ$ (Banned)

Alex if I were you I would edit your post to reflect the negative transaction you had with him.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:03 PM #7
death_by_paint

you guys no nothing about me so dont judge me dont worry i will not be on pbn any longer so i am sending the zen back tonight and then i am done with pbn you people dont understand eveyday life and the problems that happen i am really sorry you guys fee that way about me
Old 09-28-2006, 01:05 PM #8
$PJ$ (Banned)

Quote:
you guys no nothing about me so dont judge me dont worry i will not be on pbn any longer so i am sending the zen back tonight and then i am done with pbn you people dont understand eveyday life and the problems that happen i am really sorry you guys fee that way about me
What this means usually is he is changing his name so no one will know who he is.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:07 PM #9
death_by_paint

no sorry you are wrong i am done with pbn i dont play paintball anymore so why do i need a thread all about paintball
Old 09-28-2006, 06:14 PM #10
blautsauger (Banned)

Quote:
no sorry you are wrong i am done with pbn i dont play paintball anymore so why do i need a thread all about paintball
Yeah, I will believe that when I see it. Be realistic here, we all have lives. Some of us have kids to take care of, some are the kids that need being taken care of, and for some of us, our job has us going all over the place. Excuses are like ****, everyone has them. Stop being a little kid (And the more you try to claim that you are not a kid by you being a parent, the less I am inclined to believe you), accept responsiblity that you messed up, and do what needs to be done to correct it.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:28 PM #11
volcomstone2262
Get it HONEY

volcomstone2262 is a Supporting Member
volcomstone2262 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

gtfo

you made a deal and didnt follow it up. You cannot call anyone a kid seeing you have the typing skills of an eight year old.

people like YOU ruin the nation.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:01 PM #12
alex06

You are an adult with a job, I understand that. But guess what, so am I. I go to work full time, and I have other things to deal with. But I still found time to ship the Zen the DAY AFTER we made the deal. And its been almost 3 WEEKS and I haven't recieved your end of the deal. You could have just told me you had issues, rather than feeding me all your crap about going on business trips and such.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:06 PM #13
alex06

By the way, If you don't send me my stuff back or the stuff you owe me by monday, I'll be filing a report with the police. Internet fraud is crime, and don't think I'm going to let you get away with it.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:08 PM #14
TheItalian35

Quote:
2 things get on my nerves. You happen to both. One, is people who can't type, spell, or use proper grammer, two, people who scam.

Here is how a non-idiot 15 year old would write that paragraph.

I don't like you ruining my name. For your information, I have more than one tank. For your to say that I stole your Zen is a load of crap. You need to make things right because I am not a theif. Check my other feedback, I am just backing myself up. As far as your Zen goes, I will send it back to you because I don't even want to deal with someone like you because in the real world, people have problems and things that come up. I guess you don't have problems and you don't understand that people have work issues and kids. As far as I am concerned, you are a bad PBN member. I have staying in contact with you so I don't have any idea what you are talking about. That is all I have to say. Thank you for ruining my name. Thanks!

Notice the difference? Spelling and sentence structure, For The Win!

You ruined your own name, give him his stuff back.

Last edited by TheItalian35 : 09-28-2006 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:40 PM #15
blautsauger (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheItalian35
2 things get on my nerves. You happen to both. One, is people who can't type, spell, or use proper grammer, two, people who scam.

Here is how a non-idiot 15 year old would write that paragraph.

I don't like you ruining my name. For your information, I have more than one tank. For you to say that I stole your Zen is a load of crap. You need to make things right because I am not a theif. Check my other feedback, I am just backing myself up. As far as your Zen goes, I will send it back to you because I don't even want to deal with someone like you because in the real world, people have problems and things that come up. I guess you don't have problems and you don't understand that people have work issues and kids. As far as I am concerned, you are a bad PBN member. I have been staying in contact with you so I don't have any idea what you are talking about. That is all I have to say. Thank you for ruining my name. Thanks!

Notice the difference? Spelling and sentence structure, For The Win!

You ruined your own name, give him his stuff back.
LOL, fixed
Old 09-28-2006, 08:46 PM #16
TheItalian35

Damn, it is still better than having the entire paragraph be one sentence though.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:53 PM #17
blautsauger (Banned)

Oh, very true. LOL
Old 09-29-2006, 08:16 AM #18
death_by_paint

kiss my *** all of you guys i am older then all of you guys and i have 4 kids so you guys and kids dont know me and who cares about proper grammer this is a paintball thread not a test or a spelling bee so think what you want
Old 09-29-2006, 11:42 AM #19
blautsauger (Banned)

You show the maturity (sp?) of someone that is "...older than (Fixed ) all of you guys...". Perhaps, instead of coming up with excuses and trying to get sympathy, you ought to simply follow through with the deal? Isn't that something that you want to teach your four children?

(I actually had a bit more that I wanted to add to this, but I realized that I would have been childish by adding it.)
Old 09-29-2006, 11:54 AM #20
Army_Ranger2888
im not in the army

Army_Ranger2888 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Army_Ranger2888 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lol this dude isfunny

some people just dont get it do they?

dont worry death in about two- three years you will realize what an idiot you were for trying to lie on the internet
Old 09-29-2006, 11:57 AM #21
railz
Manamana - DooDooDeDooDoo

railz is a Supporting Member
railz donated to help Peyton Trent
railz is playing at Living Legends III
railz supports our troops
Okay, enough.

You made a deal. You have not completed your end of the deal. Either complete it within the time period specified, or mail fraud charges and police reports will be filed against you.

It's really as simple as that. I don't care if you're done with PBN. I don't care if you're done with paintball. That doesn't negate your obligation for this deal.