Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2006, 02:32 PM #1
GatSplat
 
 
GatSplat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas Area
Automated Turf Cleanup

I had a bunch of people talking about the different ways to get all the paintballs up off an indoor turf field. Rakes, Blowers, Shovels... I finally found the ultimate answer. I built a paintball gobbler out of a Golf cart. Battery operated so you don't have to run cords, and by welding up a bank of squeegies at angles, then mounting a shop vac I can drive around and pickup every paintball in the path.

The only problem I ran into is we would fill the shop vac pretty quick... so I fashioned a big garbage can to catch them all. It holds a lot more, and when it gets full, you simply pull that off, pop on a new garbage can and keep going.

I got more batteries and a 4000 watt inverter, so now we will be able to run the whole thing just off battery power - even the vacume. Gives us the ability to take a break after a few hours of play, drive between the bunkers and get up all the paint.

I've got a picture at our new stuff page: http://gatsplat.com/new.asp

And here is a video of it in action: http://gatsplat.com/golfcart.wmv

It's a pretty big file... about 5 meg.

It would probably work just as good on reballs as paintballs... don't see why not - but we've only used it on paint.
__________________
Larry GatSplat.com


Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! No monthly fees.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2006, 02:45 PM #2
Tallzxdriver
Puppy Killer
 
Tallzxdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sparta
Tallzxdriver is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Tallzxdriver supports our troops
wow... next time im in dallas I so want to play at you guys field. Your whole setup is just incredible from what ive seen. Are you going to throw any tournaments any time soon?
__________________
Old Feedback
"Originally posted by viperashes: I once made a Facebook page for my crabs."
Tallzxdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:03 PM #3
ThursdayLsr
Snipe People In The Woodz
 
ThursdayLsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Severn, Maryland
I wish I lived in Texas. Nice field.
__________________
XBL: ThursdayLsr
ThursdayLsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:28 PM #4
poder (Banned)
Longhorns>aTm
 
poder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatSplat
I had a bunch of people talking about the different ways to get all the paintballs up off an indoor turf field. Rakes, Blowers, Shovels... I finally found the ultimate answer. I built a paintball gobbler out of a Golf cart. Battery operated so you don't have to run cords, and by welding up a bank of squeegies at angles, then mounting a shop vac I can drive around and pickup every paintball in the path.

The only problem I ran into is we would fill the shop vac pretty quick... so I fashioned a big garbage can to catch them all. It holds a lot more, and when it gets full, you simply pull that off, pop on a new garbage can and keep going.

I got more batteries and a 4000 watt inverter, so now we will be able to run the whole thing just off battery power - even the vacume. Gives us the ability to take a break after a few hours of play, drive between the bunkers and get up all the paint.

I've got a picture at our new stuff page: http://gatsplat.com/new.asp

And here is a video of it in action: http://gatsplat.com/golfcart.wmv

It's a pretty big file... about 5 meg.

It would probably work just as good on reballs as paintballs... don't see why not - but we've only used it on paint.
Who ever is working, needs to clean up there mess. (web cam)

Any who, thats sick, I need that for my back yard cus after a day of play there is 1-2 cases of paint in my back yard
poder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:28 PM #5
GatSplat
 
 
GatSplat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas Area
We should be getting into some tournys in the near future... but right now we're still working on getting the facility to run smooth... A few more months, weather gets cold and wet - indoor will be a big plus, then we'll try to put some together.

And thanks ThursdayLsr... We wish you did too!
__________________
Larry GatSplat.com


Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! No monthly fees.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:30 PM #6
dansnow187
Death To Traitors.
 
dansnow187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: GRC
thats nice, how much did that whole setup end up costing you (meaing the golf cart with vaccum and what not)
__________________
Attica 08'
GRC
dansnow187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:33 PM #7
GatSplat
 
 
GatSplat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansnow187
thats nice, how much did that whole setup end up costing you (meaing the golf cart with vaccum and what not)

I went through a few "misses" before I got it all to work right... probably about $6,000 in a completed unit. But is saves me about 8 man hours of labor per day of play... so it will pay for itself pretty fast... And lets me keep the fields cleaner throughout the day - which keeps customers happy.
__________________
Larry GatSplat.com


Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! No monthly fees.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:40 PM #8
poder (Banned)
Longhorns>aTm
 
poder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatSplat
I went through a few "misses" before I got it all to work right... probably about $6,000 in a completed unit. But is saves me about 8 man hours of labor per day of play... so it will pay for itself pretty fast... And lets me keep the fields cleaner throughout the day - which keeps customers happy.
About how long does the golf cart take you? (to clean up the paint)
poder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:44 PM #9
GatSplat
 
 
GatSplat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by poder
About how long does the golf cart take you? (to clean up the paint)
About 10 minutes for a 8,000 square foot field. We get a few guys with squeegies to push the paintballs out from under bunkers, then just drive around between the bunkers - 55 inch swipe of picking up balls at a cruising speed of about 5 miles an hour.
__________________
Larry GatSplat.com


Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! No monthly fees.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:50 PM #10
poder (Banned)
Longhorns>aTm
 
poder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatSplat
About 10 minutes for a 8,000 square foot field. We get a few guys with squeegies to push the paintballs out from under bunkers, then just drive around between the bunkers - 55 inch swipe of picking up balls at a cruising speed of about 5 miles an hour.
Thats not to bad at all. Just may have to come from college station to see that thing in action (and get a few rounds in).
poder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:54 PM #11
GatSplat
 
 
GatSplat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by poder
Thats not to bad at all. Just may have to come from college station to see that thing in action (and get a few rounds in).
Cool... If you ask nice... we might let you drive!
__________________
Larry GatSplat.com


Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! No monthly fees.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:58 PM #12
poder (Banned)
Longhorns>aTm
 
poder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatSplat
Cool... If you ask nice... we might let you drive!
Do you need a drivers license ?
poder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:00 PM #13
Tallzxdriver
Puppy Killer
 
Tallzxdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sparta
Tallzxdriver is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Tallzxdriver supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatSplat
Cool... If you ask nice... we might let you drive!


Is this one of those Huck Finn come paint the fence its fun type things?



__________________
Old Feedback
"Originally posted by viperashes: I once made a Facebook page for my crabs."

Last edited by Tallzxdriver : 09-26-2006 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Forgot my dodgy
Tallzxdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:19 PM #14
GatSplat
 
 
GatSplat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallzxdriver
Is this one of those Huck Finn come paint the fence its fun type things?



errr... uh... I don't know what you're talking about!
__________________
Larry GatSplat.com


Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! No monthly fees.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:33 PM #15
eforcegtid00d
factorypb
 
eforcegtid00d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MW
eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
That's brilliant. Nice work.
__________________
Switching over to new account:
http://www.pbnation.com/member.php?u=103925
eforcegtid00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:56 PM #16
autococker06
zamboni eh
 
autococker06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: pittsburgh
lol thats awsom at my field they use rakes and it takes forever
__________________
FEEDBACK
autococker06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:59 PM #18
JJW319
Welcome Back
 
JJW319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Cool. My field just uses snow shovels. It's get the job done, but yours is reeally cool.
JJW319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:10 PM #19
youknowit546
drink beer, **** *****es
 
youknowit546's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SE TX
Who's the chick behind the counter(webcam)?

Also next time Im in the DFW area Im definately checking this out
__________________
LSU
MDT
2008 Honda CBR1K

"They pursued them. However one of them escaped while the other turned into a goat," Kwara state police spokesman Tunde Mohammed.
youknowit546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:25 PM #20
poder (Banned)
Longhorns>aTm
 
poder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowit546
Who's the chick behind the counter(webcam)?

Also next time Im in the DFW area Im definately checking this out
That would be larry (one of) the owner of the store.
poder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:27 PM #21
GatSplat
 
 
GatSplat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas Area
Not really sure which one of the guys you were looking at... but if any of us look like chics to you... I hope you get out of prison soon... but good to see they have web access there.
__________________
Larry GatSplat.com


Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! No monthly fees.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump