PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-07-2006, 02:20 PM #1
Who?

has been a member for 10 years
Paintball in Japan?

I have a friend moving toJapan for a few months. He was wonderng if there were many places to play in Japan? I am not sure exaclty were he is staying, but I am pretty sure it will be in a bigger city. He is going there for a job, and they tend to work in Major Cities. He does work for Broadway shows, and Concerts. He worked on the rolling stones concert in Boston this summer. So if you know of any good fields in Japan post up so I can refrence him to this thread when he arrives, and is situated.

Thanks for any help

P.s. I wasn't sure where would be better to post this. I posted it in the Southeast asia section thinking that would be the right spot, then I noticed this section allready had content about Japan in it...
Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2006, 09:45 PM #2
Ue-Sama
a.k.a. Neko Hunter Z

Fields in Japan

Hello !
No problem, your friend will have many some opportunities to play in Japan. Despite what many people think, paintball is allowed here, but I've been told that since december some markers are forbidden to import/sell/resell (using/owning is OK though). I don't have so many sure information but based on what I heard recently, DM markers are not allowed anymore. This new regulation may or may not extend to all spool-valve markers. Apparently, it's all linked to the new laws on Airsoft guns which changed in december too and now forbid using any gun with more than 1 joule velocity. So your friend might have to be cautious with what markers he brings from the States.
Regarding fields, I know :
- Tama Lodge field, just out of Tokyo, on the US military recreational facility. It's open to the public and unexpensive but the field is quite small and you have to buy all your paintballs there. Home to Team 4 (US airforce team). Good place
- Narita field, not far from the airport, excellent prices, very friendly, home to TSS team
- Kuwana field, close to Nagoya, very nice and professional field, home to Kuu team
- Gotemba field, about 2 hours from Tokyo, home of Tokyo Juyuushi, large field
- Numazu Field, in Shizuoka, not that far from Tokyo, home to team Samurai
I suppose there are others but that's what I know from personal experience.
Anyway, this is Japan so people are very kind and welcoming and everything's well organized but the prices are much higher than in the US or Europe, so your friend had better have good revenues if he wants to play often !

If he needs more data or is looking for a team, you can drop me a PM.
Ue-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:25 PM #3
Who?

thnx for the info!!

I will be sure to pass it to my buddy.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:45 AM #4
Ue-Sama
a.k.a. Neko Hunter Z

Ballin' in Japan

You're welcome !
I hope that your friend'll be able to join us, we don't have that many players here so everybody would be very happy to see some new faces !

I forgot to say that I met recently a fellow baller from the US who will soon be opening his own field in Gifu , also in the Nagoya/Osaka area. I'll keep this thread updated when his business launches.
Intimidator user : Ripper 2, Dark, 2K5'ed Dragon
I'm looking for a Chelsea O'brien poster and/or calendar, a Naughty Dogs timmy body (any color) and a VP mini-volumizer
Old 02-19-2006, 06:49 PM #5
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ue-Sama
You're welcome !
I hope that your friend'll be able to join us, we don't have that many players here so everybody would be very happy to see some new faces !

I forgot to say that I met recently a fellow baller from the US who will soon be opening his own field in Gifu , also in the Nagoya/Osaka area. I'll keep this thread updated when his business launches.

I told him today. I am about to paste this link to him. I am sure he will be in touch with you.

Thnx again.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:01 PM #6
NSgirl

is there really a feild near Narita? im goin there on Saturday and would love to play! is it airball or woods? and does anyone have a website for that feild and any near Tokyo? PM me.
Tabatha Rathbone #1/6
36 Tournaments since 2005.
BNI-open IPL
"If I had a Nickle for everytime I backed into first place, I wouldn't have any Nickles." - Mike Carey
"Well I guess I've got 5 cents *****!" - BNI
Knuckle Up. Becuase no matter what, i promise you will bleed.
NSgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:47 AM #7
MikeE
Kiwi Baller

MikeE plays in the APPA D5 division
MikeE has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MikeE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Team 4 guys are good guys, m et brandon and his crew in Malaysia... worth checking out www.pacificpaintballer.com
MikeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 08:03 AM #8
Ue-Sama
a.k.a. Neko Hunter Z

I trained with Team 4 once in Tama Lodge and played against them in most tournaments here in 2004 and 2005, they're good people and a good team - play differently from the Japanese teams too, shoot much more, more aggressive, less focused on the technical side. The confrontation is always interesting !

Just in case, this is Team TSS's website (they run the Narita field) :
http://www.tsspb.com/
I'm looking for a Chelsea O'brien poster and/or calendar, a Naughty Dogs timmy body (any color) and a VP mini-volumizer
Old 08-03-2006, 06:33 PM #9
brownbomb

Paintball japan

I was wondering about the rules in japan about what kind of markers you can use there. I have a Tippman A-5 with an e-grip, pretty much when I'm done with the mods it's going to look like an M4.
brownbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:42 AM #10
Ue-Sama
a.k.a. Neko Hunter Z

Well, rules it's pretty much like anywhere else.
All the peeople I know who play there are in tournament paintball so they tend to have very high-end stuff, mainly DMs and now Egos. Timmies are quite common too. Nearly no Smart Parts markers.
The Japanese authorities are pretty strict about guns and gun-related things, it's really a no gun culture, very sensitive about security issues. Your Tippman would not be allowed (no importing, no carrying) as well as most blowback style markers - that's why the only place in Japan where you can see Tippmans is Tama Lodge since the place is American territory (sort of). This all could change later this month if the new laws are actually voted, we'll see.
If you want to go military style I'd recommend going airsoft, many many players there and no legal problems as long as your gun remains under 1 Joule power.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:19 PM #11
djiin

Smile

Hello everybody !!

i'm moving to japan on september (around 20-25), and i'm looking to find some paintball field or players near tokyo to play !!!

I 've visited a lot of japanese paintball site but most of them a broken or down....

i'm japanese but i live in france, i used to play in paintball since 1999. So i could not imagine life without paintball..............;;

i'll be reallly happy to have some contacts or friends or playing partner in japan, maybe find a place in a paintball team there???

this is my email adress : sunn92@hotmail.com

so please, contact me !!!

thank you !!!

see ya !!!
djiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:04 AM #12
Ue-Sama
a.k.a. Neko Hunter Z

Hi Djiin
I moved out of Japan 2 months ago but the info I posted earlier in this thread about the fields should still be accurate. You could also register on mixi.jp, that's one of the most well-known community blogs in Japan and most Japanese ballers have pages there, including my own team (Wipe-Out). I'll give your contact to some players there so they may shoot you an e-mail.

PS : as far as I know, best fields would be Tama Lodge, TSS or Kuwana (but you have to go to Aichi...)
Old 08-12-2006, 05:30 AM #13
djiin

yah,

thank you very much !!!!
you saved my life lol

so maybe see you on a field one day..

i go to visit mixi.jp

thanx !!!

Old 08-12-2006, 08:34 PM #14
TokyoBaller

Yea i live in japan got some info from pacificpaintballer.com
Alot of help on that.
TokyoBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:01 AM #15
djiin

ya but this site is momentaly down.. isn't it...????

dommage....

Old 09-20-2006, 10:24 AM #16
emilaxelsson

Thanks alot!

I'm going to Japan in January to study for 5 months. When does the season start? and how close to Tokyo is the TSS field?

/Emil
Old 09-24-2006, 05:26 AM #17
spreck
I like to move it move it

sorry, pacificpaintballer is down and i don't see it going back up, it wasn't going in the right direction, got to a point where i didn't even want to check the forum (and was the owner) didn't see much point it keeping it goin.

Tokyo is a pretty large place, depending on where in Tokyo you are has ALOT of effect on distance, Tama Hills isn't too far from Tokyo. The season slows down ALOT from late November to March, because it's really cold, but it never really stops
spreck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:34 PM #18
emilaxelsson

ok, but im more of a speedball player=)

I'm going to live in the Shinjuku area.. How far is that from the TSS field?
Old 10-02-2006, 10:25 PM #19
japanisch
war paint

where do i find the importing laws?

i am trying to import my marker "tippman custom98" "and A-5".
how do i go about to do that?
japanisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:43 PM #20
Mitznal
Team Incarnate

Mitznal is a Supporting Member
I recently moved to Japan about (3 months ago) and the laws here have gotten really strict regarding paintball and airsoft guns. In reference to the 1 joule law; simply stated markers are only allowed to shoot at 177 fps. Not good for the paintball community. Most ball won't break at that speed. I play at Tama since I am in the miltary (Tama is a military recreation site open to the public and we are exempt from the law).

I have no idea as to what markers are banned from import, but all the local Japanese that I play wiht shoot either Egos, DMs, Matirx's, or cockers. My son and I have Shockers, Egos, Angel 1's and Odyssey 03s. Tama uses nothing but Tippmans. I hope this helps a little.
Mitznal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:28 PM #21
cameron122000
*714*

cameron122000 helped look for balloons
cameron122000 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
If I did go, it would be a disappointment to me since I'm Japanese and I can only speak English. Everybody will talk to me in Japanese and all I would be able to say is sumimasen or gomenasai.

ST:Tech - waitwut.
cameron122000 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups