Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 11:56 PM #1
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

Headshotted has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Post The Ultimate Freestyle Lube Thread

I know this thread has come and passed. I know it may also be bypassed if it gets stickied. However, I like the thousands of FS owners are possibly a little frustrated at all the Lube questions we see once in a while. Sure, it's great! Thanks for asking questions instead of going ahead and doing something that may damage your gun/void your warranty. It shows that everyone is serious about this marker, and it's something they genuinley want to take care of. Now that the semi emotional rant is out of the way, lets start this off. The Givein: Remember, if you use something not ICD approved you will void your warranty. Just remember that when your looking for something new

LUBRICANTS YOU SHOULD USE

FOR YOUR BOLT :

Superlube. Plain, and simple.

http://www.super-lube.com/cgi-bin/mi...tegory_Code=MO

This is the all purpose bolt lube for ALL Makes of freestyle, from the Gen1 to the FS8, we all use it. It's factory recommended and stays on prettttty damn long, usually a case or therabouts.

If you can't find/don't want to order/too damn lazy to order Superlube, there IS an alternative. At your local Radioshack, in the electronics department with all the chemicals and stuff for building/working on electronics or precision machinery, there will be a bottle called Needle Tip Precision Lube with PTFE. Same exact stuff, same exact quality. It's about 3.05 after tax, give or take. It will last you several cases per bottle. (Unless your running a team of freestyles. Then it may get expensive.)

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family <- Radioshack Superlube. Tube may look different, Every 'shack I've been to has the tube with an yellow cap and no colored label.

Also, What has been suggested on the forums before is an drop or two of this lube where the LPR screws into the marker to help lube the solenoid. Not half the bottle, not 1/8th of the bottle, 2-3 Drops MAXIMUM.

FOR YOUR HPR/LPR

NOTE: THESE ARE FOR THE STOCK HPR/LPR CONFIGURATION ONLY.

Superlube Supergrease.

http://www.super-lube.com/cgi-bin/mi...tegory_Code=SG

Can be found at your local Ace/Truevalue hardware store. Costs $6.05 after tax, maybe less, haven't priced it because honestly I've been using the same tube for a good 5 months, and I rebuild/lube my regs about every two cases.(College kid, don't have the cash to shoot through 20 cases a day ). This is the quote unquote grease for the HPR and LPR. I run it with no problems on both my HPR and LPR. Although I'm supposed to use D55 on my Torp, I find that the supergrease does fine.

Radioshack Household Lube Gel: Brought back to my attention by Wafflesx, Thanks for the reminder! [b]HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED FROM RADIOSHACK.[b]

http://www.radioshack.com/sm-househo...i-2102646.html

Is the same thing as Superlube Supergrease, maybe a little looser. HOWEVER, It MAY or MAY NOT be discontinued. If you can find it, lucky you. Some Radioshacks carry it and some don't.

From what I recall, Dow 33 can be used on the regulators, along with White Lithium Grease. HOWEVER with white lithium grease, you MUST MAKE SURE IT IS NOT FOR AUTOMOTIVE USE!. Using the wrong type of white lithum grease will slowly destroy the regulators and cause inconsistencys.

LUBRICANTS SUGGESTED

Hater Sauce : Suggested by AssasinationACI, sold by Actionjunkie! of Pbnation, used in the FEP Quest.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ht=Hater+Sauce

Tri-Flow: Suggested by CockerMcgoo: Information Following Quoted from CockerMcgoo's PM : It works exactly like super lube except I havent relubed my bolt in 5 outings which is like 3 cases and there is still no stick... I said it wrong I use the kind in the spray so its easier to get inside that hole that the back of the bolt slides in... it also comes in a more of a solid version... not much more solid that sometimes comes attatched to the big can as a free sample and it works well too... I get this at my local auto body store called Tony's so i assume it can be found anyware including pbn...in conclusion it lasts longer than super lube

http://www.doityourself.com/invt/6834188 2 oz Triflow Bottle

http://www.westlake-electronic.com/c...UBCAT=LUB&rd=1 Triflow Spray

Pitvpr has suggested Slick Honey for Regulators.

3/07/07

Lube suggested by mtbrdude:

Because MT Lives in canada, he uses Slick Honey. He says he uses it on both the boltkit and Regulators, and uses just enough to get the bolt kit Oring's "Wet" on his HE'ed Gen2. At around 300 PSI he gets the occasional FSDO like we all do, I don't know if he's had any replacement LPR's or work done for that. It's also stated that he's seen no Shootdown. I have not tested it myself, but if I can get my hands on a canister of it I will gladly do so. Presumably, this lube is safe for all makes and models of freestyle.

LUBRICANTS YOU SHOULD NOT USE

Information Gathered by nitrokid610: Dow55 - Swells Orings, and has the slightly contriversial effect of deteroiating orings faster than other lubes.

Dow 33, AKA Shocker lube? No Dice. Quoting Assasination ACI
dow 33 is not slick enough,and it's too thick. I was running my gen 2 at 370 psi - 400 psi when i was using dow 33, moved to superlube the next time i played. i was running it at flat 300 psi.

I will welcome input by EVERYONE, and If I have the time to review something myself I will as well. However, being in college that may be a little hard. But please, by all means LET ME KNOW! Send me a PM so that this thread doesn't get cluttered with "Oh such and such lube is amazing!" I want to know pros and cons if possible. Hopefully, this will eliminate threads asking lube questions. Maybe in a perfect world, perhaps.

That's all for now!

I credit the idea for this thread to erayser of the Dye/Matrix Forums.
All useable/plausable information will be credited to it's finders/testers.
Informants so far :
CockerMcgoo - Triflow
AssassinationACI - Hatersauce
Wafflesx - affirmation of Radioshack Lube Gel being the same thing as Supergrease.
njpb17 (Reaffirmation of Dow 33 on the Regs, Read in FS8 Manual)
nitrokid610 for finding the thread that started this all.
pitvpr

9/24/06 Edit: pitvpr has informed me that his regulators do not work well with supergrease. Then again, he's running an AKA Sidewinder I think. Either way, everything is up to use for testing purposes.

Last edited by Headshotted : 03-07-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2006, 12:57 PM #2
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

Headshotted has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
This one gets its own little blurb. Dye slick lube.

YES. you CAN use it. However, should you? No. Dye's slick lube is apparently thick, so much that in the event of a freestyle owner using it, you must use LIBERAL Amounts to do so, and not only that, it raises the operating pressure and does not stay on very long. Don't belive me? ask assassitionACI. Every time some posts an OMG Dye Slick lube?! Lol! Thread He usually awnsers why you can't. I personally haven't ever used anything but Superlube lube and Grease, and have never had an issue. That being said, Yes, you can use it. Why shouldn't you? It's thick. You have to raise your Operating Pressure whch means Lower Effieceincy. Capiche? That means higher consumption of air to get to the right FPS. Do whatever the hell you want, its your gun. But be warned, whats been posted as works, is what most people run. Standbys are usually great, and in this case that's the truth.

Last edited by Headshotted : 01-14-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Closed Thread