PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-08-2006, 03:55 PM #1
lt250

Nova owner from back in the day...

Just popping in to say theres another Nova owner around. I have been reading through all the old threads and I plan to replace all the o-rings in my Nova and have a new barrel made, long story but Im meeting with a machinist today, and do a few of those other tricks I read about on here. and hopefully I can get it shooting like it did all those years ago. Its probably been a good 4 if not 5 years since I have shot the gun. I aired it up last week and it cycled fine. I didnt have any paint to shoot through it. But I would imagine after all these years new o-rings are needed. I wish I had pics of what it used to look like when I was playing with it. it was one of the most custom novas I saw at the time but I sold off all the parts when I quit and put it back to stock. .45 grip, One off CCM vert air adapter(didnt sell but cant find it), expansion chamber(mainly just used as a front grip), drop forward. probably other fun stuff I forgot about. I'll post a pic of the new barrel when/if the guy is able to make one. I read there was a guy on here making them but I want a 12 inch, and the post were dated like 2002 or something old. I like the idea of a .689 bore I hated using big paint in the nova and smaller paint in my phantom.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2006, 08:25 PM #2
lt250

I talked to the machinist, he gave me an idea on how to go about getting a new barrel made. But I was thinking why couldnt I buy a one piece barrel like a CP or something and have the out side machined down to .751 which is what I think the O.D. of my brass barrel is. then have the o-ring thing soldered or welded on and samething with where the front collar goes. It would be pretty sweet to have a nova with a aftermarket barrel.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:22 AM #3
bsm

has been a member for 10 years
There's still a few of us diehards around but the forum is pretty dead.
Cutting down a barrel should work but it would would probably be pretty expensive. Of course since there's no one making barrels any more it may be your only option. You could try posting here or in mcarterbrown someone may have one they'll sell.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:12 AM #4
lt250

My barrel is usable. but it has minor scratches in it. the denents are gone because it had to be honed a long time ago and its a .693 I.D. So its not as much I need a new barrel I want a new barrel. And I liked to shoot smaller bore paint back when I played. Right now Im working on finding all the o-rings I need to rebuild it and I made a piece of round wood that fits tightly in my brass barrel to help maintain roundness when I fix the dentents. I would like to get it shooting well then decide on how much money I feel is appropiate to improve on it. I live with 3 engineering majors they feel we can do whatever we want because they have access to a full machine shop. If anyone has a blue print of what exactly was done to the nova trigger to hook up the E.T. I would like to see it.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:04 AM #5
amcfall

It can be done to an existing barrel if the back is big enough, I did it with a Dye eXcel (talk about quiet). IIRC that was the only barrel I had with enough meat on the back.

Also, if you are having a barel made go with a retaining clip instead of the crushtastic collar with set screws. That's what I did with mine.

As far as the ET is was basically a front block with an integrated ram ran off a clippard 3 way. Solenoid activated ram which pushes trigger rod, just like a mech Nova.

Avery
Old 09-13-2006, 04:32 PM #6
lt250

My roommate and I are pretty sure we have figured out a way to put a cocker e-blade on but I dont have the extra cash to buy ad e-blade. so Im looking for a cheaper solution. I'll look into finding a small solenoid. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:32 AM #7
amcfall

An EBlade is overkill for a Nova, unless you want eyes (which will be very difficult). All you really need is a single solenoid board that supports VERY long dwell times, probably in the 50 to 100 ms range. I mocked one up using a clippard 3 way solenoid and spring return ram, worked well but ugly.

Avery
Old 09-14-2006, 11:05 PM #8
Hose Factory
Trigger Happy

Have you considered buy a dragunfly or drallion off ebay.
Same operation as a Eblade but alot less expensive.

Stupidity should cause pain.... wait sometimes it does, just wish it happened more often and hurt worse.

"Originally posted by gomipile: PbNation n. A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay."