Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-06-2006, 07:46 AM #169
singofthesorrowz
We Ride The Short Bus

has been a member for 10 years
hahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by the incubus
First of all, I made no mention as to who buys these "More Expensive" markers. These days, EVERYONE from the Rec Baller (who has reached a certain level of play and is looking to upgrade all his/her equipment to suit their new found level of play) to the Intermediate & Tournament Level players are buying High-End Markers.

Why?...

To keep up with the kids who show up to the field with Angels, Timmys, DM's and other High-Ends they picked up for DIRT CHEAP! I don't blame the people who buy the Markers at a steal because I'd take advantage of it myself. The problem again lies in the seller. PERIOD.

EXACTLY! You just further emphasized my point. I have yet to see a NIB GEN4 sell for under $1249.00 on any site or retail location, and the lowest I've seen them sell for through a private party is around the $1100 range. However I'm sure there are a few people who have sold them for less than $1100, which is again what I am referring to. It's exactly those people selling GEN4's for 1G that are driving resale values into the ground.

How long have you been a paintballer?...

That's the norm Now, TODAY! Not always!!!

I can remember waaaaay back when the Automag & Cockers were the Highest of High-End Markers and they cost around $600.00. That figure was astronomical to EVERYONE! At that price people held onto their Markers for well over 2 years, constantly rebuilding & maintaining them to keep them shooting like the day they took it out of the box. I opted to get the Spyder Compact instead to save myself a ton of money and it still cost me $275.00. Well, I'm proud to say I rode the wheels off that ole Spyder. Even upgraded it with all Bob Long ups. it shot like a dream and eliminated plenty of people on every field I ever stepped onto with it. It wasn't until the electros were everywhere and I could no longer be competitive that I decided I had to upgrade. Since then, yes I have picked up several Markers, and yes I do continue to stay up to date as we all like to do. What I don't do is practically give away my Markers in order to get the next one.

It's O.K. for you not to like me. It's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to feel however you wish. However, I offer an enormous amount of help to countless amounts of people here and on other forums. As for this case, I came in here to see how this rumor was evolving and to see what people were saying and I came across a few posts that were without any merrit and may have potentially helped lower people's perceived retail values on current Timmy Models even further. So I posted up a reply directed towards those individuals, and here came Dan, quite arrogantly, to tell me how arrogant I am.

Well, I guess you told me?!?!??

Ever So Humbly,

ROB.

hahahaha that guy is ****ing awesome

trade your cocker for a tricked out websters dictionary

feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post25090880
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2006, 07:47 PM #170
elbacano

go 2 pbstar and look at the video with zack long,there is the new gun
Old 09-05-2006, 11:59 PM #171
tippyjack

wow thanks for bring back a thread that is over half a year old
Old 09-06-2006, 01:23 AM #172
bnb5550
Danke Michael.

bnb5550 is a Supporting Member
what the ****?
Jack Bauer once went into a bar, and asked for a 'Jack Bauer'. He received three shots of Jack Daniel's, a shot of kerosene and four shots of tequila mixed. When seeing this, another man approached the bar and asked for a Jack Bauer. He got a 9mm round to the face.