Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-30-2006, 12:07 PM #1
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Thank you all...

I want to take a few min to thank everyone that participated in the GPL Event over the weekend. We were very fortanate to have the weather hold up. Sunday morning was a little wet, but luckly it stop right around first games and ended up to be a beautiful day.

I want to thank the 90 + referres we had between the two days. Eric Holland, Jesters, Nvs, Misfits, Infamy, Cold Fusion, Dirty Jersey, Naughty Leprechans, Outlaw and many others (if I forgot you, I apologize) - you guys did a great Job. Keep up the great work. To those that have commented on the reffering, we appreciate the numerous comments on how much better the reffering is this event by the many emails I have recieved and those few that have commented on the poor reffing, please contact me so that we can make it better for you. It is not an easy job and the entire Refferee staff has MY TOTAL APPRECIATION AND MY UTMOST RESPECT. Thank you Del Hobbies for suppling a great facility to make this event happen and for setting up the fields and layout.

Also, Erika, Kathy, Angie, Michael, Mike, Jessie (air girl), Steve (VIP guy) and Brian - you guys do not get the credit that is deserved. Everyone always thanks the refferee staff, Tom and Dan and even myself - I can't do it without you guys either. Kathy and Erika - as you two know - I would be lost this entire year without you two. You guys are my life savers and Angie, thank you for your help too.

To the players, I want to say thank you for coming out and making the GPL the Largest Paintball Series in the Northeast. Even though quite a bit of teams decided not to participate due to the rainy weather Sunday morning, still 116 teams did indeed participate over the entire weekend. Congrats to all of you.

I would like to remind the players of a few things. We are ALWAYS looking for event feedback. Good Bad or indiffer. We like to hear it. That is why we have the questionaire on the website. Please go to QUESTIONAIRE HERE so that we can get your feedback. You dont need to enter in a valid name or email address. We just want to hear what you have to say. If you have any questions ask them, if you put a valid email address, Brian will be more than happy to respond back to your questions as many of you who have done it already have noticed. Please submit suggestions so that we can offer what is best for you the players.

If you have field suggestions, as I have posted in a previous post, please email BRIAN or CYNDI. We can then foward it to the Field Designers. If you have drawn up layout examples, send them too.

We are looking forward to yet a bigger and better Event #5 - October 7 & 8. Remember the deadline to sign up is Oct 4th.

The GPL Series would not be where it is at today if it wasnt for the combination of both the players and the staff and we look forward to seeing you at the next event!

Last edited by 357 Productions : 08-30-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2006, 12:20 AM #2
Patleeman2
Breakout PBP

has been a member for 10 years
In my opinion this was probably the BEST GPL of this year so far. The weather held up for the most part. There were no problems with the air. The refs did a pretty good job IMO. And all in all it was an enjoyable event.

I was just really happy that 7 man ended so early on saturday, due to the fact that both fields were running smoothly. I hope the next two are going to be just as good or better.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2006, 08:29 AM #3
KinGz BlaZe
"Oh No!"

KinGz BlaZe is a Supporting Member
KinGz BlaZe plays in the PSP
KinGz BlaZe plays in the APPA D5 division
Allow everyone into the dance competition! not just 21 or older!
GWC Approved #74 B/S/T with confidence!
Old 08-31-2006, 09:25 AM #4
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinGz BlaZe
Allow everyone into the dance competition! not just 21 or older!
Dan and Tom from Del Hobbies are the ones that arranged the dance contest - Thank you very much Dan and Tom. Unfortantely they were unaware as was I, that it could only be 21 and over. We were not aware that under 21 players were not even allowed on the dance floor (in accordance to New Jersey State Law) until we all showed up to the contest. We apologize to those that were not able to attend the dance contest and hopefully we can work something out in the future to allow all ages.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:03 AM #5
KinGz BlaZe
"Oh No!"

KinGz BlaZe is a Supporting Member
KinGz BlaZe plays in the PSP
KinGz BlaZe plays in the APPA D5 division
GWC Approved #74 B/S/T with confidence!