**FORUM RULES - Read Before Posting**
Everyone here pretty much knows the drill by now, but for those who are new - or just not sure:
1) Getting around the swear filter - DON'T! It's not worth your time or ours. Usually, we would just go into a post and change the offending word, thinking the author will notice and not do it again. From this point forward, ANY attempt to alter a word (ie misspelling, placing dashes between letters, replacing one letter with a symbol, etc) so that it doesn't get blitzed by the filter will cost you. The first time, the post gets edited, and you get an infraction. The second time, your entire post will be deleted, and you will be BANNED for 1 week. If it continues upon your return, your I.P. will be blocked from PBNation. For all of the work some posters do to get "playful", they could have found a word several grade levels higher. This applies to posts, sigs, and avatar captions.
2) Keep the flames and smack-talk for the field. Verbally pounding someone for their inexperience, or choice of marker is non-productive, and no one really cares. If it's between friends, or you really have a problem, take it to e-mail or PM's. All of us were newbies at some point, and the "perfect" shooter will be something different to everyone. Same deal as above. If a flame war starts, you'll be told to take it to PM's, and thread will be locked. If it continues, the thread is deleted, and strikes go to the participants. If it keeps on - see ya in a week.
3) No upping a non-B/S/T thread. If your topic is THAT good, others will post in it and keep it afloat.
4) No Spamming! No jumping into another poster's thread, and inserting a plug for something you're selling or promoting for personal gain. If it doesn't fit the flow of the thread, then it probably shouldn't be there. If it's something important, then garnish your own 15 minutes of fame by making a new thread
5) No -vs- threads. Comparing one item to another in an open thread tends to cause more hurt than help, and simply becomes a popularity contest. This includes ANY -vs- threads, be it barrels, tanks, etc. Doing a search of PBNation or the internet will usually give you all the info you need on a particular item. The best way to decide a -vs- is to try both items yourself. I'm also going to include NO "what is the best gun for.." threads. These are for the same reason: unless a player has tried every single marker available, then a realistic answer is impossible. Read reviews about anything your interested in.
6) Please don't post for "area specific" rec games. This forum is viewed around the world, and most players can't/won't/take any interest in a rec game 3 states away. If you have a game in a particular area, please post it in the Regional Forums.
Easy stuff to live by, so no discussion is necessary. Now, go forth and bunker someone....and get some pics of it, or shenanigans!
Team Rabid Squirrels
SCP, Carter's Commandos, CanCon
Last edited by amhildreth : 05-04-2009 at 08:48 AM.