PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-26-2006, 10:42 PM #1
The Field Tech
BYAH!

The Field Tech is a Supporting Member
THE Guide for LPR/HPR Maitenance

Welcome to the End All Guide to NME LPR and HPR Maitenance. Included are footnotes so please read acordingly:: Notes go with picture below.

Here we go.

Parts Used:: 2 Allen Wrenches (unknown sizes), Dye Lube, adj. cresent wrench, tweezers.

1. Subject is NME #959. If any parts don't match exactly, don't freak. I've done some custom work and the parts are in exactly the same spot as normal so disgard the differences.

First remove the Solenoid Feed Line from the LPR.

Then remove the 3 screws holding the LPR body onto the LPR seat.

Then remove the LPR knob set screw (if you still have it) and remove the knob to reveal the LPR spring.

Now use an allen wrench to push the LPR piston out the same way the spring was removed. Inspect the O-ring for damage or dirt and clean/replace and lube. And after the piston is prepared, reassemble the LPR mainbody in the reverse order, but do NOT mount back on the seat yet.

An exploded view of the order of assembly of the LPR main body.

Next take the adj. cresent wrench and remove the LPR seat.

Inspect and clean/replace the 2 Orings found on the outside of the LPR.

Then using the adj. cresent wrench, unscrew the valve retaining nut from the seat and pull out the LPR valve pin and spring.

After inspecting the valve pin seat, put the valve pin back in and screw in the valve reataining nut snugly.

Here is an exlpoded view of the LPR seat parts in the correct order.

Now screw the LPR seat back into the front block snugly with the wrench.
Then remount the LPR main body and screw the 3 screws back into the LPR seat. Note: Make sure that the LPR main body has the Solenoid Feed banjo hole facing down.

Now reattach the Solenoid Feed banjo and that's it! Now you're ready to mow faces with a super-maintained LPR. The HPR is next, so stay tuned.

Pre-1980s cars are my specialty

80 Turbo T/A: Turbocharged Boat Anchor!

Last edited by The Field Tech : 08-26-2006 at 11:16 PM.
The Field Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:04 PM #2
nme2110 (Banned)
team OBSESIVE

YOU should put that in the stikies and (im still wating on those parts)
nme2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:07 PM #3
The Field Tech
BYAH!

The Field Tech is a Supporting Member
Welcome to the 2nd part of this 1-2 punch Guide. The HPR.

First, start by loosening, not removing, the On/Off set screws on the MicroRail.

Then slide the On/Off off the Rail.

Now unscrew the HPR from the ASA. Inspect the 1 exterior O-ring for damage/debris. Clean/replace as needed. Note: I recommend replacing (if needed) the O-Ring with a polyurothane instead of the black duro provided as the white poly has better strenght and is a little stiffer.

Remove the Air collet set screw and set aside. Now unscrew the bottom of the HPR. Then Push the top half of the HPR out of the air collet toward the bottom. Then set aside the air collet.

Now using the tweezers/tongs, place the tips in the slot of the valve retaining nut of the upper HPR and unscrew it. (If you have a deepwell socket available to do this, please do. The socket will easier.)

Again, inspect the VRN O-ring for damage/debris and clean/replace as needed. Then lube the ring and screw the nut back into the upper HPR and then check the 2 exterior air collet O-rings and clean/replace and lube and then set aside.

Exploded view of the Upper HPR.

Now take the Lower HPR and remove the set screw on the bottom and set aside. Then, using an allen wrench, push up from the bottom to push out the HPR piston, the HPR spring, and the spring washer. inspect the HPR piston and clean/replace and lube the O-ring as needed. Then put back into the Lower HPR in reverse order. Don't forget to check the exterior O-ring as well on the Lower HPR.

Exlpoded view of the Lower HPR.

Now reassemble in the reverse order and don't forget to tighten the MicroRail screws when finished and that's it! Pretty easy and stress-free! Enjoy!

Pre-1980s cars are my specialty

80 Turbo T/A: Turbocharged Boat Anchor!

Last edited by The Field Tech : 08-26-2006 at 11:14 PM.
The Field Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:43 PM #4
Cookie Monsta

i like cookies.

Last edited by Cookie Monsta : 04-15-2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: i like cookies
Cookie Monsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:16 AM #5
kobu
U.S. ARMY

the 90 barb on the lpr how can i get one ??