PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-23-2006, 01:24 PM #1
3000zx

Exclamation QEV/ Reg Leak

I got a SP 360 QEV and i installed it in the correct place. I ran the gun after putting it on last night, and it shot fine. i put about 100 rounds through it, then turned it off for the night. now this morning i put the gas in it, and whenever i screw it on, theres a popping noise, and it leaks pretty badly behind the guns reg. The bolt goes forward and back so i dont think thats the problem. The air also comes out through the trigger area. im assuming its coming from the QEV, but i dont know how to fix it. I havent put teflon tape on it yet, but im not sure if i need to yet. I turned the dwell all the way down, and that didn't help. What else should i do. everything but the QEV and feedneck is stock on the gun.

Help?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2006, 04:51 PM #2
fredericpaintball

fredericpaintball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Your hose probaly popped of the QEV
Old 08-23-2006, 05:01 PM #3
JDCool

JDCool is a Supporting Member
^^^True dat. A nice fix for that is to wipe off the qev barb. If you have more internal macro, i suggest cutting a new piece cuz you just might've stretched it. (diameter wise)
Old 08-23-2006, 05:02 PM #4
gtospec35

Well take it apart to see if you blew a hose which is unlikely and if not put some teflon tape around the QEV threads and try again.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:36 PM #5
pbfan3068
MW

Out of curiosity, which banjo did you replace with the QEV (front, middle, back)?

My Feedback (+35/-0)