PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-04-2006, 07:55 PM #1
CheethAM

viking stops shooting

i have a 04 viking basically stock. And when i shoot it fast it will just cut out mid stream, then pick up about a second later and shoot again. it only happens when i am shooting over 12 ish bps, and it isnt the hopper.

thanks for the help
Pbrack.com
DELTA...FORCE!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2006, 08:12 PM #2
shrimfririceeeee
God is real

shrimfririceeeee is a Supporting Member
check the connections.
you might have a break in the microswitch that gets moved with kick.

are your eye dirty?

i would normally think it would be the hopper. but if you say its not the hopper.

btw change the gun battery.

rawr vicodines is right.

i forgot he had a 04? his sig said 03.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1093011

Last edited by shrimfririceeeee : 08-04-2006 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:18 PM #3
VicodinES
The Widow's Son

has been a member for 10 years
It could be that the balls are getting pushed behind the eyes. The 04's have a problem with the detent design. Basically, a stong pushing loader, like a halo can cause the ball stack to force a ball behind the detent, and then the eyes won't see it. If you're running it in forced, holding the trigger will cause a shot to happen after a second of holding down the trigger, which clears out the ball.
A quick and easy fix is the "froth mod" which is basically putting a #10 o-ring (someone will correct me if it's the wrong size) on the ram, to push the hammer and bolt foreward a small bit. This is like the adjustable ram screw on a timmy.
You might also want to see how worn out your detents are. MIne were worn, and the problem got really bad until I replaced them. IT might be something else, but this is the most likely cause.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:54 PM #4
Lawn

has been a member for 10 years
Most likely the back ball detent (or detents in general like vicodin suggests..)

I've also had this problem but it was caused by the board and not the detents.. and it wasn't the battery..

RTR Gargoyle

AKA 2004 FSP Viking (Bermuda)

My Feedback on Ebay, Simply cause I should have kept track of deals on here but I was too lazy too.. Damn.